• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy Springs is opening June 6th 2024

Here's the part about not being allowed back in Fantasy Springs once you leave unless you have the Fantasy Springs Magic pass or are staying at the Fantasy Springs Hotel (note: this applies to rides, too! If your standby passes or premiere access passes are spread out throughout the day, you can't leave in between):

My understanding is that each standby pass and DPA gives you an entry time and each entry time code can be used once. So you should be able to leave and return provided that you have another later entry time associated with a later standby pass or DPA. It's unclear what'll happen with overlapping entry time windows though.

Note that this understanding may not be entirely correct. The website doesn't specifically state what happens if you obtain a DPA or standby pass after already having one.

Last edited:
I thought the FAQ clearly stated that you couldn't re-enter, even with a valid, later Premier Access ticket or Standby Pass:

Once you leave Fantasy Springs, you will not be allowed to re-enter Fantasy Springs even during "the valid time of entry to Fantasy Springs".

If you have an unused Standby Pass or Disney Premier Access
You will not be able to experience the attraction. Please note that refund requests will not be accepted for Disney Premier Access.

If you have already ordered menu items of restaurants at Fantasy Springs using Disney Mobile Order
You will not be able to pick up your order at the restaurant.
If you do not tap "I'm Here", your order will be automatically canceled and payment will not be completed.
If you tap "I'm Here", payment will be completed. However, please note that you will not be able to pick up your order at the restaurant or request a refund.

https://faq.tokyodisneyresort.jp/tdr/en/faq_detail.html?category=&page=1&id=24656

Or am I misinterpreting it?

My understanding is that each standby pass and DPA gives you an entry time and each entry time code can be used once. So you should be able to leave and return provided that you have another later entry time associated with a later standby pass or DPA. It's unclear what'll happen with overlapping entry time windows though.
I would imagine that most (all?) of the Priority Pass availability for the Tinker Bell ride will be absorbed by FS Hotel and Mira Costa guests during early entry. What am I missing?

I thought the FAQ clearly stated that you couldn't re-enter, even with a valid, later Premier Access ticket or Standby Pass:

Once you leave Fantasy Springs, you will not be allowed to re-enter Fantasy Springs even during "the valid time of entry to Fantasy Springs".

If you have an unused Standby Pass or Disney Premier Access
You will not be able to experience the attraction. Please note that refund requests will not be accepted for Disney Premier Access.

If you have already ordered menu items of restaurants at Fantasy Springs using Disney Mobile Order
You will not be able to pick up your order at the restaurant.
If you do not tap "I'm Here", your order will be automatically canceled and payment will not be completed.
If you tap "I'm Here", payment will be completed. However, please note that you will not be able to pick up your order at the restaurant or request a refund.

https://faq.tokyodisneyresort.jp/tdr/en/faq_detail.html?category=&page=1&id=24656

Or am I misinterpreting it?

You actually may be right. Up until the end of February, people in Japanese forums were posting that you cannot re-enter on the same standby pass but if you had a second later one, you could. I checked the Japanese FAQ and there is no language indicating "same standby pass" and the online consensus seems to have changed to say there will be no re-entry.

I would imagine that most (all?) of the Priority Pass availability for the Tinker Bell ride will be absorbed by FS Hotel and Mira Costa guests during early entry. What am I missing?

There's way more capacity for Standby Pass than there are people with Happy Entry. Fantasy Springs hotel guests also wouldn't be competing for Standby Pass since they would mostly be buying the Fantasy Springs Magic ticket.

You actually may be right.
Who knows? Hopefully after June, we'll all have a better idea.

It will make planning very tricky. Who would want to, for example, grab a Standby Pass for Tinkerbell's Buggies at 11am and a Premier Access ticket for Rapunzel at 5pm if that means you're "trapped" in Fantasy Springs for six hours, especially as the crowds will make eating, shopping and general exploring challenging.

It's almost like non-Fantasy Springs passport holders will be forced to choose a single attraction, unless they want to potentially spend a LOT of time in the area.

I had hoped that we may be able to do Tinkerbell's buggies via Standby Pass and Rapunzel or Frozen via Premier Access when we visit in October, but that seems unlikely.

Has anyone read anything about character meets in Fantasy Springs (i.e. opportunities to meet Anna, Elsa, Rapunzel, Tinkerbell, Peter Pan, etc)? I don't think I've read anything, but I'm surprised that this wouldn't be offered. Unless there's just not the demand for meeting face characters in Tokyo? I wouldn't have thought they'd be able to do roaming characters as the crowds are likely to be extreme, although USJ does have a roaming Toad in their Nintendo Land despite the crowds (and formal lineups for Mario and Luigi and Princess Peach).

Who knows? Hopefully after June, we'll all have a better idea.

It will make planning very tricky. Who would want to, for example, grab a Standby Pass for Tinkerbell's Buggies at 11am and a Premier Access ticket for Rapunzel at 5pm if that means you're "trapped" in Fantasy Springs for six hours, especially as the crowds will make eating, shopping and general exploring challenging.

It's almost like non-Fantasy Springs passport holders will be forced to choose a single attraction, unless they want to potentially spend a LOT of time in the area.

I had hoped that we may be able to do Tinkerbell's buggies via Standby Pass and Rapunzel or Frozen via Premier Access when we visit in October, but that seems unlikely.

Has anyone read anything about character meets in Fantasy Springs (i.e. opportunities to meet Anna, Elsa, Rapunzel, Tinkerbell, Peter Pan, etc)? I don't think I've read anything, but I'm surprised that this wouldn't be offered. Unless there's just not the demand for meeting face characters in Tokyo? I wouldn't have thought they'd be able to do roaming characters as the crowds are likely to be extreme, although USJ does have a roaming Toad in their Nintendo Land despite the crowds (and formal lineups for Mario and Luigi and Princess Peach).

I haven't seen anything about character greetings in Fantasy Springs and wouldn't really expect them to have any. I think a lot of Japanese people feel embarrassed or nervous speaking English in public so they don't like to meet face characters in Japan.

For what it's worth, Rapunzel and Peter Pan are already free greetable at the entrance of Tokyo Disneyland.

I have some tabs set up with room searches and I refresh throughout the day. Well of course I had refreshed my June 7th MiraCosta search and went back to working, and half an hour later I checked and a Venice room was sitting right there! Of course it was gone, learned my lesson, check after refreshing :hyper:

No big deal, I should keep my Toy Story reservation for that night and save myself $200, since I'm not planning on a park day on the 8th anyways...

I have some tabs set up with room searches and I refresh throughout the day. Well of course I had refreshed my June 7th MiraCosta search and went back to working, and half an hour later I checked and a Venice room was sitting right there! Of course it was gone, learned my lesson, check after refreshing :hyper:

No big deal, I should keep my Toy Story reservation for that night and save myself $200, since I'm not planning on a park day on the 8th anyways...
I just reloaded my dates :rotfl2: I am just trying to get the same room type at this point. I had eventually gotten everything at Miracosta.

We've been following some of you out here regarding TDR, and it's been educational. We're just getting started for a trip we're planning months from now. My wife and I both agree on one thing - if people get confused and have trouble planning their trip and their days at WDW, TDR will really be a challenge!! So different! And we are so looking forward to it!

They came out with an update yesterday saying that any canceled FS Hotel rooms will be available for resale at 1pm on Apr 18. Is this only for the Jun 6 - 8 period?

https://reserve.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/info/detail/2455/
"-Reservations for June 6 to June 8, 2024 are fully booked.
If guest rooms become available due to cancellation, resale of rooms will start from 1:00 p.m. on April 18, 2024."

I think we are just addicted to planning these trips, at this point :rotfl:
I think you are right!! I just booked another vacation package for our dates at the Miracosta as it had opened up and they had the extra two nights we need in the same Capitano Mickey Tuscany room for a total of 4 days. It's a bit cheaper to stay at the Miracosta as we have the Cinderella rooms booked at Disneyland Hotel. I picked the package which gives more restaurants this time and got Magellans and Snuggly duckling too which I am happy I could book in advance as those we really don't want to miss either. The only downside is that I could not get an early breakfast time, I have 8am both days which would negate our happy entry if we are eating breakfast. How easy do you think it will be to change the time? I have 6:50 breakfast for our Cinderella room package, but we don't get happy entry. Decisions, decisions!!

I think you are right!! I just booked another vacation package for our dates at the Miracosta as it had opened up and they had the extra two nights we need in the same Capitano Mickey Tuscany room for a total of 4 days. It's a bit cheaper to stay at the Miracosta as we have the Cinderella rooms booked at Disneyland Hotel. I picked the package which gives more restaurants this time and got Magellans and Snuggly duckling too which I am happy I could book in advance as those we really don't want to miss either. The only downside is that I could not get an early breakfast time, I have 8am both days which would negate our happy entry if we are eating breakfast. How easy do you think it will be to change the time? I have 6:50 breakfast for our Cinderella room package, but we don't get happy entry. Decisions, decisions!!
I just changed my packages to switch some of the attraction passes. I was able to switch one day from 6:50 to 6:30 another from 9:30 (there wasn't anything before 8am when I booked that package) to 6:40. One of mine is still at 6:50. I should have booked the earliest I could but wasn't thinking too clearly after staying up until 3am and staring at the screen for 3-4 hours :rotfl2:Just keep checking. I see it changing frequently.

I just changed my packages to switch some of the attraction passes. I was able to switch one day from 6:50 to 6:30 another from 9:30 (there wasn't anything before 8am when I booked that package) to 6:40. One of mine is still at 6:50. I should have booked the earliest I could but wasn't thinking too clearly after staying up until 3am and staring at the screen for 3-4 hours :rotfl2:
I am happy to hear that you were able to switch your dining time, that will help in the final decision making.

I just changed my packages to switch some of the attraction passes. I was able to switch one day from 6:50 to 6:30 another from 9:30 (there wasn't anything before 8am when I booked that package) to 6:40. One of mine is still at 6:50. I should have booked the earliest I could but wasn't thinking too clearly after staying up until 3am and staring at the screen for 3-4 hours :rotfl2:Just keep checking. I see it changing frequently.
You eat GF too if I remember right, I am a bit concerned about what I can eat there but it seems they can accommodate the allergies a bit easier at the sit-down restaurants.

You eat GF too if I remember right, I am a bit concerned about what I can eat there but it seems they can accommodate the allergies a bit easier at the sit-down restaurants.
I read up about the parks on Reddit and a few people said Blue Bayou in particular does not accommodate allergies. One person said they told the staff their allergies and the staff gave them a pamphlet showing other restaurants they can go to instead. Unsure about other restaurants but just something to think about if you wanted to go there.

I read up about the parks on Reddit and a few people said Blue Bayou in particular does not accommodate allergies. One person said they told the staff their allergies and the staff gave them a pamphlet showing other restaurants they can go to instead. Unsure about other restaurants but just something to think about if you wanted to go there.
Here's a screenshot of the park restaurants that can accommodate allergy food and blue bayou is listed, but what's on the website isn't what is always happening inside the restaurants. The hotel restaurants all have a prix fixe meal that's without the common allergens its says.

1711045068055.png
1711045104683.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter