• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy Springs is opening June 6th 2024

Suddenly, the steep price makes MUCH more sense! Even if the priority lines get a bit long, I would hope they would be under an hour. There are only what, 2000 rooms in the Tokyo Disney Hotels? As long as they don't sell too many premier passes (and at least those would presumably be timed, so more spread out), that keeps the priority line somewhat limited.
I don't think the waits will be too long either. Now to see if someone cancels Miracosta room only after getting FS Hotel when they release for my dates tomorrow. I've only been able to get Disneyland Hotel but have Miracosta package. It might be nice to stay in a different hotel though.

I don't think the waits will be too long either. Now to see if someone cancels Miracosta room only after getting FS Hotel when they release for my dates tomorrow. I've only been able to get Disneyland Hotel but have Miracosta package. It might be nice to stay in a different hotel though.
It has been so interesting watching room inventory! With it being so limited, I can literally cancel a booking and watch it become available again. Vs at WDW where cancelling a room doesn't always mean it "goes back" into inventory. I hope you can snag MiraCosta room only! I have been stalking it for the 6th and have yet to see it open up, but I know it's just a matter of luck and checking at the right time. Now that I have the MC package night I'll probably stop looking, but I may switch my plans to Ambassador for before the 6th, to get Happy Entry for my regular DS day. If I do that I would be switching from Ambassador, to MC, to Toy Story...a lot of switching but the perks are all so different everywhere haha!

I would expect waits to be around 30-50 min for each of the Fantasy Springs attractions using priority access. That was the wait time for meeting Mickey and Minnie with entry request last year and the typical wait time using fastpass during spring break or golden week before digital fastpass and Fastpass reminders at TDR.

Since I got the MiraCosta package for June 5th, I was just able to pick up a room-only at MC for the 6th, so I can have happy entry on the 7th in case I want to try for a premier access pass. It'll be nice to be able to go back to MC for a break on the 6th if I need it as well! I have so many charges and refunds on my credit card from all of these changes. I am definitely losing a few dollars in the exchange rate changes but oh well!

WHAT?! Here I was thinking it would be like a coupon book, with 1 "ticket" per ride per passport. But unlimited? That does make the MC package much more attractive, as I imagine the non-Happy Entry line will be EXTREMELY long and the FS lines will build up. Getting in for Happy Entry would probably mean at least one or two rides with minimal waits. Decisions, decisions...
My understanding is that they will issue you a wrist band (as opposed to coupon book) for the one day FS passport the first time you ride one of the FS rides. I don't understand how the Tinkerbell Buggies is going to work, though. I know it requires a standby pass to even wait in the line (no premier access line) -- do people with a FS passport need to request a standby pass through the app or are they allowed in the standby line with just the wristband?

When you mentioned how easy it is to modify your various Disney hotel reservations, is there a way to literally modify them through the website (like change date on an existing reservation, etc) or are you having to book something new and then cancel the old one? Thanks!

My understanding is that they will issue you a wrist band (as opposed to coupon book) for the one day FS passport the first time you ride one of the FS rides. I don't understand how the Tinkerbell Buggies is going to work, though. I know it requires a standby pass to even wait in the line (no premier access line) -- do people with a FS passport need to request a standby pass through the app or are they allowed in the standby line with just the wristband?

When you mentioned how easy it is to modify your various Disney hotel reservations, is there a way to literally modify them through the website (like change date on an existing reservation, etc) or are you having to book something new and then cancel the old one? Thanks!
I have a feeling for Tink, they will just allow you into the standby line with the wristband. It probably is just easier to do the passports via wristband than trying to collect/scan tickets from everyone. But I'm just guessing!

It is very easy to modify existing reservations. In my last few weeks, I have learned a few things. (I think all of this is in the FAQ, but there are SO many FAQs that it's not the easiest to weed through):
  • When you go to the My Bookings page, within a reservation, you can easily modify the room type and keep the same deposit. I believe you can also switch to any room at a different resort as long as it is available. If you downgrade hotel categories, I imagine you'd get a partial deposit refund as well but I haven't tried that. There is a big change button when you're looking at your reservation so it's easy to find/do.
  • Adding/removing days is also easy. The catch is that your check-in date needs to stay the same. If you remove a day, it will only allow you to remove them off the end of your stay, not the first date. For adding days, I believe you can also only add on at the end of the stay. Pretty sure when adding days, you can also have different room types with a multi-day reservation. I didn't test this out but for multi-day room only reservations, there is a separate change button for each night, so in theory you should be able to change each night individually. This is helpful for trying to modify to a cheaper room type, which often requires changing one day at a time.
  • Changing check-in date, you'll have to make a new reservation and cancel the old. I couldn't find a way to change that date and I believe the FAQ indicated this as well.

Since I got the MiraCosta package for June 5th, I was just able to pick up a room-only at MC for the 6th, so I can have happy entry on the 7th in case I want to try for a premier access pass. It'll be nice to be able to go back to MC for a break on the 6th if I need it as well! I have so many charges and refunds on my credit card from all of these changes. I am definitely losing a few dollars in the exchange rate changes but oh well!

That will be nice. I managed to find a Miracosta room for the night before our package there starts. I know I am going to have a bunch. I haven't really canceled anything yet.

I have been lazy and just getting it. I find looking for the hotels from the reservation page is a lot faster than trying to do the mod through the travel case. Also, the hotel room deposit is pretty low. I don't think the exchange rate is changing a lot right now. Plus, this card has no foreign transaction fees, so I am not losing out on that.

I have been lazy and just getting it. I find looking for the hotels from the reservation page is a lot faster than trying to do the mod through the travel case.
I noticed that as well. I am having the most luck searching the actual dates on the reservation page like you. The calendar view on the separate hotel pages does not seem to reflect live availability. (It's close, but when I grabbed my MC room it never showed in the calendar view as available, that day remained X'ed out.)

Some pictures for reference, in case anyone else is curious:

This is the page I prefer to search by:
Screen Shot 2024-02-23 at 5.36.08 PM.png

The calendar is helpful, but not always accurate:
Screen Shot 2024-02-23 at 5.37.11 PM.png

So am I understanding correctly that the vacation packages open up 6 months prior to visit and room-only at 4 months? And Fantasy Springs hotel will literally sell out within seconds, followed by Miracosta, and then the others?

Trying to figure out a strategy to stay at what I imagine would be both due to the need for split stay.

So am I understanding correctly that the vacation packages open up 6 months prior to visit and room-only at 4 months? And Fantasy Springs hotel will literally sell out within seconds, followed by Miracosta, and then the others?

Trying to figure out a strategy to stay at what I imagine would be both due to the need for split stay.
Right now, packages are 4-5 months out, but before hotels at 4 months. I don’t think packages are selling out in seconds. FS Hotel is probably fast though. Miracosta might hang around longer. I haven’t tried since June packages were released. I waited 3-4 hours in a queue that night. I don’t know if July was as bad. Further from June, the better. Hotels have always gone pretty fast; however, FS Hotel and Miracosta are going in like 2 minutes right now. Packages and room only have been somewhat available for a while. I still see packages and some room only for my dates, 3rd week of June. Check the TDR reservation site at the bottom for updates on package release dates/times.

Why do you need to do a split stay?

Am I misunderstanding that packages are limited to 2 nights? So if I want to stay additional nights, I may be subject to a different resort based on availability?

They have 3 day/2 night and 2 day/1 night. You could get 2 packages, hopefully for the same hotel and room or do a package/room only combo. I didn’t realize how many nights you were wanting.

Does anyone know the cancellation policy for Tokyo Disney restaurants? I booked Sherwood Garden buffet for our trip but I’m not 100% sure we’ll keep it but I’m having a hard time finding the cancellation policy.

Does anyone know the cancellation policy for Tokyo Disney restaurants? I booked Sherwood Garden buffet for our trip but I’m not 100% sure we’ll keep it but I’m having a hard time finding the cancellation policy.

It depends on how you booked the restaurant. If you pre-paid or it's in conjunction with a hotel stay, it's up till 9PM the day before. I believe restaurant reservations made in conjunction with a vacation package are finalized either 10 or 20 days before the check-in date of the package after which, they can't be changed. Refunds are done in JPY so subject to exchange rate fluctuations.

For regular restaurant bookings with no pre-payment, it's up till an hour before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter