Fantasy Sit Down Embarkation Lunch With Vegetarians

Tay N Evie's Mom

DIS Veteran
We’re cruising with extended family in a few weeks. My family likes to do the sit down embarkation lunch because it’s more relaxing than the buffet. But, we’ll have 3 vegetarians with us this time. The menu looks a little lacking of vegetarian options. I was wondering if anyone who has gone with a vegetarian can tell me if they were able to order anything different than what’s on the menu, like a veggie burger or plant based entree. Thanks!

I've had the Pennette Pasta at embarkation lunch. I haven't investigated other options, but vegetarians who don't want the pasta could certainly try asking what else might be available. The worst case scenario is that there aren't other entree options and they need to go up to Cabanas or other pool-deck places later.

The concierge lunch isn't great for vegetarians but the relaxing atmosphere makes it all worth it. Sometimes my husband (not a vegetarian) will go up to Cabanas for some shrimp and crab after we have lunch. My daughter and I will go to the lounge and there is usually some fruit/cheese.

There's usually only one "choice" for me as a vegetarian at the sit down lunch on any given day (including embarkation day). I think they do toss a veggie burger on the menu as well, but meh, I can have that at home. While I prefer the atmosphere of the sit down lunch and the hot-made-to-order food, I usually check the menu first and see if the dish there (almost always pasta) is to my liking. If not, we go with the buffet. So...you may need to pivot on this cruise depending on what they find there.

We’re cruising with extended family in a few weeks. My family likes to do the sit down embarkation lunch because it’s more relaxing than the buffet. But, we’ll have 3 vegetarians with us this time. The menu looks a little lacking of vegetarian options. I was wondering if anyone who has gone with a vegetarian can tell me if they were able to order anything different than what’s on the menu, like a veggie burger or plant based entree. Thanks!
Where is the menu?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter