• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy Sept, Oct, early Nov 2017 EC changed to other.......

tigerchic89

Mouseketeer
How did DCL handle your onboard reservations for Adult dining, onboard fun, etc that you selected before the hurricanes hit? Did they shift the activities for you, or did you have to re-book them once your new itinerary was announced. What about excursions... were any rebooked to a similar activity (if I was planning a dolphin swim on one island, would DCL re-book that for me in the new location)

Did the window open up for all cruisers at once, or did platinum get to book a few days earlier than everyone else, etc?

Just curious how it was handled for the cruises that have been officially changed

I'm on the 11/4. We were scheduled for the EC and now we have Costa Maya, Cozumel, CC and Grand Cayman---so one less at sea day. DCL shifted my son's Pirate League and Remy dinner to the new Pirate Night, which was great. Unfortunately, they also shifted our Frozen Meet to 8:15 the morning of CC from a 4:30 on the new Pirate Night--as it conflicted with the newly shifted Pirate League. Overall, I was relieved with the changes they made for me.

I just booked the new excursions on Friday when the window to do so randomly opened around 6:00 am. I was able to get everything I wanted--I had done some research in the new excursions very quickly as soon as we New the definitive ports. I did notice some port adventures sold out pretty quickly--for example, the Rum Point excursion on GC seemed to sell out very soon after the booking window opened. This is our second cruise and from what I gather, everyone got to make their reservations the same time as us. I would guess that concierge got to book the day before but that's just conjecture on my part based on what I've read elsewhere about the cruises with new itineraries before us.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter