• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy one bedroom sleeping arrangements for 5

jennifer_f

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

It’s been awhile since we have traveled Disney and I am looking to book a cruise for our family of five. My husband pretty much insists on concierge as that is what we did last time (family cabin) and we loved it. However, we only had one child then!

So my concern is sleeping arrangements in the one bedroom on the Fantasy. We will have 3, 5, 12 year olds. I don’t see the 3 and 5 year old sharing the pull out bed. What other options do I have? Can I put an air bed next to the Murphy bed for the 3 year old? Make a walk in closet a space for her (is it big enough?) It seems silly to me to pay all that money and toss an air bed in the floor but DH likes the lounge, preboarding, access to book cabana, etc. trying to see how this will all work out or if we need to look at connecting rooms and forego the concierge amenties (which will be a tough sell to both DH and DD1!)

Thanks for any options or info!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

It’s been awhile since we have traveled Disney and I am looking to book a cruise for our family of five. My husband pretty much insists on concierge as that is what we did last time (family cabin) and we loved it. However, we only had one child then!

So my concern is sleeping arrangements in the one bedroom. We will have 3, 5, 12 year olds. I don’t see the 3 and 5 year old sharing the pull out bed. What other options do I have? Can I put an air bed next to the Murphy bed for the 3 year old? Make a walk in closet a space for her (is it big enough?) It seems silly to me to pay all that money and toss an air bed in the floor but DH likes the lounge, preboarding, access to book cabana, etc. trying to see how this will all work out or if we need to look at connecting rooms and forego the concierge amenties (which will be a tough sell to both DH and DD1!)

It depends on the which ship you're thinking of taking. The classics have different room choices than the Dream class ships.

The only way to get all three kids their own bed is to use an air mattress. Would you even be allowed to bring one on board? I'm not sure or would fit in the walk in closet. The master bath is huge though. :rotfl:

The four bed thing is also true in a Cat V.

Now, the regular rooms that sleep 5 have a queen and 3 singles.

Last edited:

Never mind. Just saw the concierge designation. Having been in a non-suite concierge stateroom as a party of 4, I can say there is ZERO floor space for a floor mattress. 2 kiddos will have to share the sofa bed - or you'll have to bump to a suite if concierge is a must.

The one-bedroom is pretty roomy, but two of the kids would need to share one bed. Maybe build a divider down the middle with pillows? My parents did that for me and my brother if we had to share since we hated sleeping next to each other. I'm not sure about Disney's policy on bringing an air mattress, but there isn't that much empty floor space to put one. I think the master bath would be the only place it would fit.

We experienced this same issue. We sailed twice in Concierge when the 3 kids were small but the sleeping arrangement does not work when they are older. We were forced to drop down to connecting non-concierge rooms so we could have more beds. We did miss the lounge but found that we did not miss concierge as much as we thought we would. The lack of fighting during the evening over the sleeping arrangements makes a big difference.

For what it's worth, we stayed in the family oceanview with the bunk bed and murphy bed for the kids (non-concierge) and they loved the sleeping arrangements. It still felt very comfy and spacious. You might be fine in the concierge equivalent -- i.e., the family room, not the suite.

For what it's worth, we stayed in the family oceanview with the bunk bed and murphy bed for the kids (non-concierge) and they loved the sleeping arrangements. It still felt very comfy and spacious. You might be fine in the concierge equivalent -- i.e., the family room, not the suite.

No Murphy bed in those. The drop down and a double sofa bed.

you and your husband can split up..
one of you on the master bed with one of the kids
and the other of you on the pull out sofa with the other kid
and the 12 year old on the murphy...

that way the 3 and 5 year olds don't share with each other - rather each is with a parent...
can you sacrifice yourselves?

and no, the closet isn't big enough....i don't recall it even being a walk in....just a regular closet...i do remember struggling for closet space with the 3 of us in the one bedroom on the dream (same configuration as the fantasy)...

Last edited:
Why not bring an air mattress? There is plenty of room in the suite. You could set it up each night by the dining room table or on the floor near the desk. There is not enough room in the closets to use it there. Otherwise, use the cushions from the sleeper and have your cabin steward bring extra sheets and blankets.

If you can convince him to skip concierge, the Family Verandah rooms on Fantasy with the pull-down murphy and the upper bunk is perfect for 5. We had one last year and it was awesome.

I also have 3 kids and as PPs have noted, no great options for individual beds for 3 kids in concierge--at least on Dream and Fantasy. I did find that there was a decent amount of empty floor space in the Family concierge room (at least on Fantasy) between the queen bed and the pull-out that might fit an air mattress (if Disney even allows?). Although, the curtain room divider would interfere with part of a mattress on the floor and that arrangement could make it difficult for kids to make it to the bathroom from the double and bunk bed. The 1 BR (on the Dream) that we had really didn't have floor space to fit an air mattress on the floor (other than, as previously noted, in the master bath).

I also have 3 kids and as PPs have noted, no great options for individual beds for 3 kids in concierge--at least on Dream and Fantasy. I did find that there was a decent amount of empty floor space in the Family concierge room (at least on Fantasy) between the queen bed and the pull-out that might fit an air mattress (if Disney even allows?). Although, the curtain room divider would interfere with part of a mattress on the floor and that arrangement could make it difficult for kids to make it to the bathroom from the double and bunk bed. The 1 BR (on the Dream) that we had really didn't have floor space to fit an air mattress on the floor (other than, as previously noted, in the master bath).

Pretty sure the ladder goes down in that space if I am remembering my experience right.

Agreed--the ladder drops down into the space by the pull out and bunk--but at least in the room we had, the ladder was nearly vertical with very little angle onto the floor so was nearly flush with the footprint of the pullout and at nearly 90 degrees from the side of the bunk--if that makes sense? I don't think it reduced the available floor space by much. I'm just guessing but think that the space might fit an air mattress--I thought it was a pretty big space (relatively speaking).

Unless they have somehow reduced the space in the 1 bedroom suites on the Dream class ships, there is plenty of room behind the sofa sleeper, in the area near the dining table and chairs. You can move the furniture around to increase space. Much more room in the 1 bedroom compared to a Cat. V. The 2 bathrooms in the 1 bedroom would be an added bonus.

If he's insisting on Concierge, to make things more accommodating, spend the big bucks and get the Cat T and connecting Cat V. You'll have more room than you know what to do with. I'm not saying this is a great idea, as it will cost as much as a small fixer-upper house in my town, but it will at least keep the peace somewhat.

I would not spend the extra $$$$ on concierge, only to expect someone in my family to sleep on air mattress on the floor. Maybe I'm an oddball that way, but if I were willing to pay that much extra to get the perks of concierge for myself and DW (I'm sure the kids couldn't care less about concierge), then I'd make sure all the kids were comfortable too. As others have suggested, the non-concierge family rooms with the bunk beds and the murphy bed would make your kids way more comfortable and be much cheaper as well.

Hi everyone,

So my concern is sleeping arrangements in the one bedroom on the Fantasy. We will have 3, 5, 12 year olds. I don’t see the 3 and 5 year old sharing the pull out bed. What other options do I have? Can I put an air bed next to the Murphy bed for the 3 year old? Make a walk in closet a space for her (is it big enough?) It seems silly to me to pay all that money and toss an air bed in the floor but DH likes the lounge, preboarding, access to book cabana, etc. trying to see how this will all work out or if we need to look at connecting rooms and forego the concierge amenties (which will be a tough sell to both DH and DD1!)

You can two concierge rooms. That should give you enough space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter