Fantasy February 16, 2013 - 7 Night Western Cruise Meet

I just spent the last hour or so vacuuming, shampooing, and cleaning out the car. I think we're going to do a trial run tomorrow with the luggage loaded up to see how everything is going to fit. I try SO hard not to over-pack and I always end up over-packing! :confused: But I'm a lot better now than I used to be. I think I did pretty good....after all there are 4 of us and we'll be gone for 10 nights. Yes, I am all packed. I started packing last week.

I can't believe this week is finally hear and we are counting single digit days instead of single digit weeks!!!! :yay:

:wizard: wishing you safe travels (and a not too overpacked suitcase ;))

Thanks! :goodvibes Oh, no doubt our luggage will be bulging at the seams! I've got the hubby's bag packed. He lays everything out, but I roll and fold everything into packing cubes. It's just darn amazing what you can fit in those things! Now I just have to finish packing all the joint stuff (toiletries, etc.) and the rest of my clothes and I'll be 95% done. :banana:

Yes, I am all packed. I started packing last week.

I can't believe you are already packed! Hurry up and get here and help me finish my packing! :rotfl2:

Well i officaly have cabin fever. Stuck in the house again today. My husband owns a towing company and he called me this morning and said not to go out. Roads are terrible. Trees and wires down. Many without power are out and there has been several accidents already.
Spending the day packing, and making a list of things that need to be done before we go. My DH will most likely be extremely busy this week so it will all fall on my shoulders but the good part is the extra money will come in hand!

And every once in a while I close my eyes and see the warm blue waters...

YAY!!!:yay:

Me too!

Me too.

Yes. Amazing and scary (because I have so much to do-ha ha)! We lived near you-- in Schererville, IN --from 1999-2004. My kids went to Trinity in Crown Point. I miss the Chicago area a lot in some ways, not so much in other ways, but we usually try to get back once a year. DS is contemplating going back for college in IN--@ Rose Hulman in Terra Haute. We drove to WDW every year we lived there. Are you driving as well? Or just want a really clean car for the drive to the airport? :rotfl2: My car is usually a pit, so I am not judging, believe me!

I sort of hate this area....I hate winters...and the summer weather just isn't long enough. But it's where I was born and raised and all of my family lives here....I just can't imagine moving away from them. We've driven a few times, but we mostly fly. We are driving this time due to the outrageous airfare. My car used to be such a pit when the kids were in daycare. It seemed like they were always bringing so much home from daycare....crafts....and stuff like that. And it always seemed to sit in my car for days, weeks, months before I'd finally get around to cleaning it out. I've been pretty good the last several years about keeping it really clean...but there are times when it starts to look like the "daycare days". :laughing:

I can't believe you are already packed! Hurry up and get here and help me finish my packing! :rotfl2:

Sure....I'll be right there! :lmao:

Don't miss it next Saturday! It will be in real-life, not port cam video. :goodvibes

:rotfl2:

We will be picking up some wine and possibly a 12 pack of beer on way to port for enjoying a drink on the verandah. Is the fridge on the Fantasy able to hold a couple bottles of wine and 12 bottles of beer.

So frustrated that we are still stuck in the second seating for dinner. I REALLY wanted the early seating and hope that I'd have been moved by now!

We will be picking up some wine and possibly a 12 pack of beer on way to port for enjoying a drink on the verandah. Is the fridge on the Fantasy able to hold a couple bottles of wine and 12 bottles of beer.

From the pictures I've seen of the Dream/Fantasy, and from using the "coolers" on the Magic, I'd plan for your beverages to not all fit at once. I plan to buy "warm" beer so I can refrigerate some at a time. If I buy wine, it'll be a red not requiring chilling.

So frustrated that we are still stuck in the second seating for dinner. I REALLY wanted the early seating and hope that I'd have been moved by now!

As soon as you board the ship,the earlier the better.Find out where they are set up for special requests like Palos,Remy's and such.Often they are able to accomadate.

I shouldn't have looked at the orlando weather forecast for our prestay,hope that changes.

FREEZIN said:
I shouldn't have looked at the orlando weather forecast for our prestay,hope that changes.

Yeah, appears to be a little system moving through just before the cruise. Looks like it starts improving on Sunday.

DarthTod said:
Yeah, appears to be a little system moving through just before the cruise. Looks like it starts improving on Sunday.

Still stuck in our house from Nemo. No idea when we will be plowed out. At least we have power and there will be no food in the fridge or freezer

I hope you get it! As someone else said, go & ask first thing. Even if they can't move you right then, maybe they can take your name & swtch you if someone on early wants to switch. Pixie dust!pixiedust:

Still stuck in our house from Nemo. No idea when we will be plowed out. At least we have power and there will be no food in the fridge or freezer

Winter Storm Orko has started here in Duluth! It's coming down pretty hard. We will be getting a LOT of snow, methinks. Our travelmates are supposed to fly out tomorrow morning, I hope I can get them to the airport.

I thought Nemo was a weird name for a storm, but Orko???? Isn't that from "He-Man & the Masters of the Universe"? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter