Fantasy Deck 7 Cabin issues?

Reality check: If you feel that strongly about it, not ones forcing you to go on the cruise...

That very well may be true. However, he paid in full a few months ago in good faith that he would have a cabin that he selected for his reasons over a year ago. And 25 days before sailing when he would lose the majority of his money if he cancelled, Disney decides they need to re carpet those specific cabins.
Sometimes an "upgrade" is not really an upgrade. I think he has every reason to be upset and disappointed and he is processing it to come to terms with it.

That very well may be true. However, he paid in full a few months ago in good faith that he would have a cabin that he selected for his reasons over a year ago. And 25 days before sailing when he would lose the majority of his money if he cancelled, Disney decides they need to re carpet those specific cabins.
Sometimes an "upgrade" is not really an upgrade. I think he has every reason to be upset and disappointed and he is processing it to come to terms with it.
I find it's beneficial to be flexible when it comes to travel plans. Yes, I plan a trip, and I'd love for it to come off exactly they way I plan it. But it seldom does. And those trips are often more enjoyable for the spontaneity of them.

I find it's beneficial to be flexible when it comes to travel plans. Yes, I plan a trip, and I'd love for it to come off exactly they way I plan it. But it seldom does. And those trips are often more enjoyable for the spontaneity of them.

Absolutely that is a nice philosophy to have and one that I agree with.
However, telling someone that no one is forcing him to go on a cruise he paid for and cannot cancel on without financial loss, just smacks one in the face when clearly, he is upset enough as it is. Sometimes empathy is a good thing.

Um...7610 is a 4C category. Deluxe Family Oceanview with Verandah?

Deck 10 doesn't have any 4Cs. There are 4As on deck 10.

He got the same cabin type and size on deck 10 as he had on deck 7. Family Ocean view with veranda

Hence I don't get why all the angst. Yes, it's 3 decks higher, but it's the same room. And, in DCL's eyes, a "better" room.

He wanted the cabin he chose and he is disappointed. Hopefully he will be able to come to terms with it and enjoy his cruise in a really nice cabin on a higher deck. :)

Maybe he doesn't want to be below the pool decks and Cabanas, i don't blame him. And just bc DCL calls a 4A an upgrade over a 4C, it's purely subjective on their part. I have 3x turned down a "higher" category bc of the location. We with great thought pick our deck and location. Not everyone can afford to cruise 3x a year. ... there might not be a "next cruise" in a few months. Wanting everything to be as we choose or desire is quite understandable for what is such an expensive vacation.

I was in a room directly under ice cream one year. I can honestly say I don't remember hearing a thing. I have also stayed on 10 all the way forward right across from laundry. That wasn't bad either, I did hear some muted talking once maybe twice. I think heard more noise on deck 9 mid ship with kids running down the halls to get to the elevator, but it was nothing disruptive.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise.

I was in a room directly under ice cream one year. I can honestly say I don't remember hearing a thing. I have also stayed on 10 all the way forward right across from laundry. That wasn't bad either, I did hear some muted talking once maybe twice. I think heard more noise on deck 9 mid ship with kids running down the halls to get to the elevator, but it was nothing disruptive.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise.
Exactly my experience. We had a deck 10 (4A) room on the Fantasy that was located underneath the starboard side entrance to Cabanas (and what was then the Aarcade). Biggest "noise" issue was the bass part in the music in the Pirate night after party. And that only lasted about 15 minutes after we got back to our room. We were able to hear running feet, once in a while.

Now on deck 9 - that room was the "noisiest" we've ever had on any cruise. And it was all due to guest issues, not because the ship had issues. We had connecting rooms on both sides of us and the kids in both those groups of rooms felt that jumping off the upper bunk, and running laps around/through the connecting doors/verandahs was the most fun they've ever had. Not to mention the 2 groups of people on deck 10 who felt the only way to go up and down the passageway above to get to their rooms was running foot races (day and night).

My family got off of the fantasy on August 26, 2017. We sailed deck 7 starboard mid ship. During the cruise, they changed the carpet outside of our stateroom. Before they replaced the carpet, they had a fan in the hallway blowing the carpet dry. I don't know if they had problems with the bathrooms in some of the cabins. The new carpet had better padding and cut down on the noise of children running down the hallway. The carpet crew stated that they were replacing all of the carpet on the ship. This seemed strange since the Fantasy just complete her dry dock in May.

My family got off of the fantasy on August 26, 2017. We sailed deck 7 starboard mid ship. During the cruise, they changed the carpet outside of our stateroom. Before they replaced the carpet, they had a fan in the hallway blowing the carpet dry. I don't know if they had problems with the bathrooms in some of the cabins. The new carpet had better padding and cut down on the noise of children running down the hallway. The carpet crew stated that they were replacing all of the carpet on the ship. This seemed strange since the Fantasy just complete her dry dock in May.
I was wondering, also. I'm thinking the "new" carpet she got during the dry dock wasn't as durable as DCL needs it to be.

We just got off the Fantasy 2 weeks ago tomorrow and we had 3 staterooms , mid ship Deck 7 7580 , 7588 and 7590. We had no problems at all. Sorry to hear you are having problems. Good Luck

I completely get that. But that's life/travelling/ cruising.
I mean, they could move you to an inside cabin on a lower deck that's totally not what you wanted.

But when someone comes on here/creates an account just to moan, asks for help and then attacks people when they try to make them feel better about it, it sounds like they're not going to be happy unless they get the exact thing they wanted, which just doesn't work. You have to have a little flexibility in life.
They don't know what they're new cabin is going to be like and come across as though they're not even going to give it a chance.

I wouldn't be that harsh to everyone but when someone comes across as this is going to ruin the cruise for them and it going to be the worst thing ever for them, my advice will always be: don't cruise then!
Sorry, not sorry!

Absolutely that is a nice philosophy to have and one that I agree with.
However, telling someone that no one is forcing him to go on a cruise he paid for and cannot cancel on without financial loss, just smacks one in the face when clearly, he is upset enough as it is. Sometimes empathy is a good thing.

If you can't take changes and/or financial loss then maybe cruising isn't for you!
More changes happen in cruise vacations than most other land vacations.
Like I said, if it's going to totally ruin it for someone, don't take the risk and don't cruise!
Empathy is always a good thing. But so is reality!

I'd love to know if our cabin 7576 is getting new carpet!! Is it all of Deck 7 getting new carpet? We sail on Sept 30th.

Just off Fantasy 7556, no room issues at all. Yesterday workers replaced a lot of hallway flooring. Tom thinks he had noticed an odor in the halls. Do not know what the issue was, but the new carpet was "bouncy.":)

How soon did you find out your cabin was changed? We sail in 5 weeks. Will I know before boarding?

Yikes people not very nice. There are comments on these boards all the time about the noise from the pool deck so when she asks about it people jump on her.
Not good.

Yikes people not very nice. There are comments on these boards all the time about the noise from the pool deck so when she asks about it people jump on her.
Not good.

It was more the OP's reaction to people's initial logical responses to why cabins could be changed - they didn't like what they read and got all defensive which set things rolling.

Bottom line is DCL is not going to randomly change cabins - there is a reason they do it.

(And unless I missed it, the OP never said *where* on Deck 10 they were reassigned. Not ALL of Deck 10 is under the pool deck or Cabanas.)

We just got off the Fantasy 2 weeks ago tomorrow and we had 3 staterooms , mid ship Deck 7 7580 , 7588 and 7590. We had no problems at all. Sorry to hear you are having problems. Good Luck

Hello MamaBear, We were a group of twenty-three and we had 7578, 7580, 7582, 7588, 7590, 7594 & 7600 the week that you left and we had the carpet replaced in front of all of the staterooms on the Cozumel port day. They crew moved very fast. They started in the morning and were finished by the time we got back from our excursion to Playa Mia. We also had 7508 & 7510 but they didn't get their carpet changed during our cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter