Fantasy deck 6 cabin help

KGmomoftwins

DIS Veteran
So I've checked every resource and all the cabins I'm looking at on deck 6 do not have any reviews. I'm looking at 5d vs. 4d categories for the sailings I'm ooking at it would be 350$ more to get the deluxe family on deck 6. However, in looking at the thread on here all these rooms only sleep 4 so what is the difference just more floor space and a chair? Does anyone have reviews on the following 6094, 6096, 6098, 6146, 6156, 6656, or any other cabin on this deck that does not have a connecting door? If we are going to spend the extra $ I kind of want a Murphy bed so neither kid has to sleep in a bunk if they don't want to. Also would we be better off on deck 7 location we have 2 girls who have never cruised before. We also would like a quote room. Thanks for the help!

Those rooms you selected would be similar to the rooms on deck 7-10 above it. I can't comment if those rooms actually only sleep 4 or if they sleep 5.

If the room does only sleep 4 it will be a bunk bed arrangement with a chair where the Murphy bed would normally pull out. If it sleeps 5, you would not have the chair.

Rooms 6094, 6096, 6098 all have the additional square footage in the room, as you can see from the ship deck plans. 6146, 6156, 6656 are just regular rooms and guaranteed to be bunk style rooms with no extra chair.

I find that connecting rooms really aren't a big deal as the rooms are generally good on sound. If you have noisy people next door you'll hear it connecting room or not. People may shy away from deck 6 as the kids clubs and movie theater can be directly below it. However it is one deck closer to those spaces your kids may want to check out.

I was in 6620 a couple of years back. Room had a pullman bunk bed. Spacious enough (for a cruise ship cabin) from what I remember. We were more or less above Oceaneers, but didn't notice any noise.

My last cruise on Harmony I had a connecting room, and we could hear our neighbour late at night. It's not always going to be like that, but I'd avoid them if at all possible.

I checked the DIS thread that lists the rooms and sizes. 7100 and 7102 sleep 5.
upload_2018-2-22_9-44-58.png
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...pdated-list-of-rooms-needed-1st-post.3194826/

Also, I checked another site, 7100 is and 7102 are directly above 6094 and 6096, respectively, so right where you want to be.
upload_2018-2-22_9-46-37.png

Hope that helps.

Can I just say that it does seem confusing that 6094 sleeps 4, yet the list on the DIS thread says that 6594 sleeps 5. Usually, they mirror each other. I wonder if anyone else has more info on that.

upload_2018-2-22_9-50-33.png
and
upload_2018-2-22_9-50-59.png

I checked the DIS thread that lists the rooms and sizes. 7100 and 7102 sleep 5.
View attachment 303929
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...pdated-list-of-rooms-needed-1st-post.3194826/

Also, I checked another site, 7100 is and 7102 are directly above 6094 and 6096, respectively, so right where you want to be.
View attachment 303930

Hope that helps.

Can I just say that it does seem confusing that 6094 sleeps 4, yet the list on the DIS thread says that 6594 sleeps 5. Usually, they mirror each other. I wonder if anyone else has more info on that.

View attachment 303934
and
View attachment 303935
Thank you so much this is very hekpful! I agree it is confusing I've also found conflicting information on different sites regarding the same cabin! Maybe I'm looking into it to much. We don't need to sleep 5 just thought the Murphy bed and couch sleeper would be easier with my 2 little girls. Still a toss between deck 6 and 7. I wonder if you can hear the kids club and theater noise on 6?

6094, 6096 and 6098 are all above the nursery
upload_2018-2-22_13-31-51.png

You might get lucky with 6146, as it looks like it's at the edge of Oceaneer's Lab, but then, that might be a hallway underneath?
upload_2018-2-22_13-33-8.png

6156 and 6656 might be your best bet, if you want to stay on deck 6. It looks like there are rooms underneath.
upload_2018-2-22_13-34-44.png

This graphic is awesome!!! Thanks again!! Leaning towards either the room over the nursery or 6156. Just need to decide if it's worth the extra money for the family sized room thinking yes as we will have 3 at sea days.

I don't know your kids, obviously, but I've never met a kid who didn't want to sleep in a bunk. In fact, the upper bunk was always the primo spot.:cool1:

I just sailed on the Dream, the sister of the Fantasy. I just booked a cruise on the Fantasy for March.

Travel agent offered us a cabin in deck 6 and I asked to be moved up one deck. Deck 6 is right above the deck with a theatre. I am not sure if we'd hear noise, but I didn't want to take a chance.

We stayed in the larger deluxe family storeroom and it was spacious. But, I don't think we would have noticed if we didn't have the extra few feet and the chair.

My advice: move up to decks 7,8,or 9 (not 10, it's below the pool and reviews do complain of noise). $350. Is a lot for A Few Extra Feet. I don't think it is worth the cost. You won't be in the room much.

PS if you aren't booking through a travel agent that offers a shipboard credit, then find one and get extra money for your trip!

Happy Sailing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter