Fantastic or WOC dining package?

jlnten17

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
our trip is Sun-Thurs in January so I anticipate shows only being shown Sunday night and nothing on the weekdays. If we have to choose one which is best? It’s DH, dd5,ds2 and I. We have seen Fantasmic several times at WDW and love it-kids are not scared by the villains. But WOC would be something totally different. We have park hoppers but I imagine you cannot see both in one night.

I've only seen F! once and WoC a few times. That's tough since you haven't seen WoC because I believe you need to see it at least once. I've been reading complaints about the new F! seating and FP's so you might want to check out those posts and reviews before you book anything. I would imagine with only one showing and nothing during the week--both shows will be packed but F! would be super packed. If it were me I would choose F! but I might choose WoC if I was in your shoes. Good luck!

our trip is Sun-Thurs in January so I anticipate shows only being shown Sunday night and nothing on the weekdays. If we have to choose one which is best? It’s DH, dd5,ds2 and I. We have seen Fantasmic several times at WDW and love it-kids are not scared by the villains. But WOC would be something totally different. We have park hoppers but I imagine you cannot see both in one night.
WOC shows nightly. Fantasmic will likely be Fri/Sat/Sun after the first week has past. See "Historical DLR Park Hours, Entertainment and Refurbs" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2291124

WOC and Fantasmic reserved dinner viewing are different.

For Fantasmic reserved dining you get a seat on the ground which will not be the most comfortable but essential for young children to be able to see. The payoff is that the show is better than at WDW.

For WOC reserved dining you get a standing spot which unless you are willing to devote at least 90 minutes waiting in advance plus some solid research (see "World of Color Superthread" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37986447) absolutely will NOT be worth it. Your kids WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE because there will be adults standing in front of them. Unless you plan very well. A much better choice in your case would be the Dessert Party. For that you will need to devote probably 60 minutes waiting in advance but you for sure be able to see as long as you are seated at a high table (the 60 minutes early will help assure that).

If I had seen Fantasmic at WDW and had to choose one, and I had small children which means short stature, I would hands down choose WOC Dessert Party and be sure to arrive 60 minutes early.

In your case you should be able to do both - Fantasmic on Sunday night and WOC during a weeknight.

:wizard:

Yes, do both.

If you can't devote 2 evenings to shows (in spite of them being available) I would choose WOC just becuase it's it's a uniquely DLR experience.

Thanks everyone! I didn’t realize WOC is shown nightly even in January. Is a FP as good as a dining package for WOC. I know dessert party is best but it’s so expensive! If we get a FP for WOC first thing one morning will we be able to get any other FP that day using MaxPass?

Thanks everyone! I didn’t realize WOC is shown nightly even in January. Is a FP as good as a dining package for WOC. I know dessert party is best but it’s so expensive! If we get a FP for WOC first thing one morning will we be able to get any other FP that day using MaxPass?
FP for WOC is not part of MaxPass, nor will it lock you out from other FPs either on MaxPass or if you're pulling paper FPs.

Most recommend the dining package only if you're planning to eat there anyway. You still need to arrive early whether you are in a dining section or a regular FP section.

FYI, the WOC Superthread I linked earlier answers all these questions and more. :)

:wizard:

We had woc fp in the “blue” section earlier this month. We got there right as it was beginning and got the most awesome view. All the way to the right of the section, towards the back, literally right up against the rope where the chairs for the dessert seating were. There’s a tree right there too but it didn’t spoil our view. We couldn’t believe we paid nothing for the same view others paid $$$ for!

For WOC, the fastpass is easy to obtain and basically just as good as the reserved dining areas if you know where to go (see Hydroguy's thread).

For Fantasmic!, the FP goes much sooner and the dining sections are superior to the FP sections (particularly for the first show - if a show later than 10pm is an option for you, that can help).

I'd book a Fantasmic! dining package in a heartbeat and probably wouldn't try to see it without one. I'd do WOC with a FP (and do, frequently, with great viewing).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter