Fantasmic viewing locations (no package)

mistyinca

Mouseketeer
I have never seen Fantasmic!

As many times as we have been, we have never seen it. We might give it a try this year. Can someone tell me the best strategy for this, please?

What time should we start holding a spot?
Where is the best spot for a non-package viewer?

Thanks!

There isn't a whole lot of strategy involved. You can't start waiting until the CMs say so, and they let all the dining package people have all the good spots and then you are basically at the mercy of the crowds. There is no way to guarantee a spot and they are very strict about where you can be.

There are 2 shows, 9 and 10:30. I'd recommend the second one every time. By that point, you need to arrive around 10-10:15 to grab a spot. The earlier show is bogged down with people who want to watch fireworks.

There isn't a whole lot of strategy involved. You can't start waiting until the CMs say so, and they let all the dining package people have all the good spots and then you are basically at the mercy of the crowds. There is no way to guarantee a spot and they are very strict about where you can be.

There are 2 shows, 9 and 10:30. I'd recommend the second one every time. By that point, you need to arrive around 10-10:15 to grab a spot. The earlier show is bogged down with people who want to watch fireworks.
Thank you for your reply. We may have to pass again then. In the past, we have never been able to get over there. 10:30 is probably just too late for us old peeps!

If you wanna commit the time, you should be able to "camp" for the bridge at the entrance of Pirates. We accidentally ended up there once for the 2nd show, no waiting required.

Thank you for your reply. We may have to pass again then. In the past, we have never been able to get over there. 10:30 is probably just too late for us old peeps!

Yeah, it is hard to plan to see it without a dining package.

I did the Hungry Bear package and found it totally worth it (cheapest option, I believe).
Nice lunch, good seating and tickets sitting (ok, on the floor :)) for the 1st show.
A bit more expensive than lunch alone, but I would do it again, easily....

That may be true, but they make it really hard with small kids!

The hungry bear dining packages are literally almost always available even early same day. While not my favorite meal , it's fine for the show if it's important to watch it. Honestly the BB food is NOT worth it now , River Belle is downright awful( I've done the Premium and regular).

I will share a small tip that may or may not still be doable.

Behind Harbor Galley they expanded the area with extra seating.
It is a side view somewhat but some of the floats come right by which is super neat and the Marl Twain. I was able to grab a seat BEFORE the first show earlier this year in summer and was never asked to leave. Now again , unsure if this area is now blocked off or cleared out but worth a shot.

I just saw Fantasmic at DL for the first time last Friday, having seen it quite a lot at WDW I thought it would be the same - it wasn't.
I enjoyed the DL version much more - however, some part of the WDW are better, one big one including the ease of access.

We paid way too much money for a dining package so we didn't have to stand to watch it, because my kids (4 and 6) just couldn't do that and be able to see anything. They really need to sort something out at DL IMO if they want to keep showing Fantasmic - it was a mess.

I suggest you get a Hungry Bear package, it's not that expensive and you get a good spot to view it.
We did River Belle and it was horrendous food - worst in my life.

We did River Belle and it was horrendous food - worst in my life.
I’m curious what you ordered at River Belle and what you did not like about it? I have eaten there twice in the last six months with a number of different people and no one had an issue with the food at all. It’s not my favorite type of food to eat but it was perfectly good and large portions.

We used to camp out about 3 hours before the first show began years ago.

This year, we are doing the dining package at Hungry Bear Restaurant. We are bringing seat cushions for the ground for when we sit.

The earlier show is bogged down with people who want to watch fireworks.
This is pretty much why I haven't bothered to see it for I can't remember how long. The timing just doesn't work out if you want to see fireworks, and I always want to see fireworks! We're going in late January this year, so I'm not sure there will be two shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter