Fantasmic viewing- Do any of the dining packages allow you to stand?

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
My kids want to see Fantasmic, but we don't want to do the RBT premium package again. It just takes up so much time. So I'm looking into the other dining packages, but I can't sit on the ground at all, not even for 5 minutes. Do any of them allow standing, maybe in the back?

I wouldn't want to attempt a standby viewing area since I'd have to stand for a couple of hours.

Which of the dining packages do you like best? My other thought is to just let the rest of my family do it by themselves, because they have no issues with sitting on the ground.

I've seen in YT videos that you can get RBT at a table if its near the time of the show but besides that from what I've seen you must sit for Fantasmic.

I think if you kindly explain your situation to the CMs in the reserved area, they would let you stand at the back. When I've been in the Hungry Bear section, I've glanced behind me and seen people standing/leaning against the retaining wall.

Thank you! I think I'll try to get Hungry Bear on the go and ask kindly if I can stand in the back. If they say no I'll skip it but my family will be able to watch. (I've seen it many times so no big deal if I miss it)

For peace of mind you could have a friendly chat with a CM. Especially if there are 2 CMs standing together, then at least one of them should be able to give you full attention. Just explain your situation.

The seating is on benches if that makes a difference.

Be sure to remember names. We had a situation with a late arriving family member and we got it all worked out.

Last edited:
During non holiday weeks, the second showing allows for lots of opportunity to see the show without a dining package. It’s pretty easy to walk up without much time invested in order to stand and watch the show.

For peace of mind you could have a friendly chat with a CM. Especially if there are 2 CMs standing together, then at least one of them should be able to give you full attention. Just explain your situation.

The seating is on benches if that makes a difference.

Be sure to remember names. We had a situation with a late arriving family member and we got it all worked out.
Benches would be a dream come true lol

During non holiday weeks, the second showing allows for lots of opportunity to see the show without a dining package. It’s pretty easy to walk up without much time invested in order to stand and watch the show.
That's a good idea. The only night Fantasmic is playing for our trip is Friday, so we could try the second showing and close out the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter