Fantasmic-fun place to watch

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
My sister and I have done this and I thought I'd point it out to others. There is an area with benches along the Rivers of America, near the exit from Big Thunder. If you stand against the railing during the show you can see the boat prep areas for Fantasmic. Even though there are no lights on Dancers or you, there's enough ambient light to see each other. Dancers often wave and and are already doing the dance movements. My sister and I danced with them and they loved it! Just a fun place to go if you have already seen the show from front/center before!

upload_2017-7-24_12-0-18.png

upload_2017-7-24_12-0-46.png

Dd and I accidentally watched from there on Thursday night. We were just looking for a place to rest while we waited for a FP time and then realized we could see the side of Fantasmic and hear the music which made it more enjoyable. And then we realized the ship was moving towards us and it was so very cool! Totally silent. Totally dark. If it weren't Disney, it would have been eerie! HA!

We used to watch from here prior to it going down. We loved watching the monkeys warm up and the prep of the princess boats.

We used to watch from here prior to it going down. We loved watching the monkeys warm up and the prep of the princess boats.
When we've done it we can also see the monkeys acting out Mickey's dance sequences! We danced along and they were laughing like crazy and (silently) cheered us!

I'm confused -- how much of the show itself can you see from there? Can you see Mickey, the dragon, everything?

It's not really a good place to watch the show per se -- i.e. the screens and the full view from the front. I wouldn't ever take someone there to see the show for the first time. It is a fun place to view when you already are familiar with the show and want to see some of the behind the scenes things that go on during the show.

What about the little "secret" path by Harbour Galley? Would that be another good place to catch a glimpse if we aren't worried about missing the projections/frontal perspective (or is that one closed for Fantasmic)?

The fact that you can find these little nooks to experience Fantasmic is yet another reason why I like Disneyland's version of the show on the Rivers of America so much better than the purpose-built stadium at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter