• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic! + Fireworks question

Tanner208

Earning My Ears
Was wondering if we do the Hungry Bear To-Go F! Dining package for the 1st show, can we stay in the same spot to view the fireworks in the Hungry Bear reserved viewing area or do the CMs start moving us as soon as the 1st show ends?

Last edited:
Was wondering if we do the Hungry Bear To-Go F! Dining package for the 1st show, can we stay in the same spot to view the fireworks in the Hungry Bear reserved viewing area or do the CMs start moving us as soon as the 1st show ends?
You will be invited to remain in your viewing area for the fireworks. Everyone will stand and move toward the water to see the projections on the water screens. The music will be piped in. It's a great way to see the show in a more relaxed way. After the fireworks are over, hang back for a minute or so you don't have to leave with any crowds.

You will be invited to remain in your viewing area for the fireworks. Everyone will stand and move toward the water to see the projections on the water screens. The music will be piped in. It's a great way to see the show in a more relaxed way. After the fireworks are over, hang back for a minute or so you don't have to leave with any crowds.

Thank you,

If I could ask another question? I've read somewhere that you are not guaranteed to be sitting in the Hungry bear reserved viewing area during the Fantasmic show and that its possible we may end up standing, and then my kids would not be able to see the show. Is this true? Is it worth paying the $120 for a party of 5 and risk having a bad experience with tall people standing in front of us?

I've only read about people being asked to stand in the HB section, but have never seen it or experienced it. They do warn people that it might happen, but it must be quite rare. In the last year, I've personally never seen it or experienced it. If you really don't want anyone sitting/standing in front of you, then make sure you invest the time to be up at the front rail, as over to the right as possible (i.e. as close to the BB section as you can be). Some people don't like the railing in front of them because they find it distracting, but I won't sit anywhere else because I find the back of someone's head even more distracting.
And the dining package areas have THE best views of F! -- the most centered, up at the water, the most immersive views. Your family will really enjoy the show!

Last edited:

I had not heard that they may ask you to stand in the HB section and thought it was always sitting. Are there reports that sometimes people are asked to stand in the RBT viewing area too? I am trying to determine which dinner would be best for our family of 7. I am under 5 ft tall so seldom get a good view if we have to stand.

I had not heard that they may ask you to stand in the HB section and thought it was always sitting. Are there reports that sometimes people are asked to stand in the RBT viewing area too? I am trying to determine which dinner would be best for our family of 7. I am under 5 ft tall so seldom get a good view if we have to stand.
Only the HB section has the possibility of being asked to stand if the area is super crowded. From what I remember, this only happened a few times during holidays or very busy times, and not during recent memory. The RBT and BB sections are seated. I'm height challenged, too, so good viewing is a big deal for me -- I totally get it.

Is there really any benefit to showing up early and having to wait in a line just to enter the viewing area? My kids will still be able to watch and enjoy the show even if we are towards the back sitting down, right?

Is there really any benefit to showing up early and having to wait in a line just to enter the viewing area? My kids will still be able to watch and enjoy the show even if we are towards the back sitting down, right?
The best way to gauge this is to stop by the viewing area earlier in the day to test this out. You'll be able to sit/kneel on the pavement right by the railing, maybe ten feet back, then all the way back by the planters. Use the cabin on the island as your focal point. How well can you see? Will people sitting in front of you and your kids make a difference, enough to obstruct your view? If the area isn't really crowded on your viewing night, people spread out, so you could still have a fairly clear view from the back because the area is slightly sloped. If the area is more crowded, your kids might not have a clear view while seated. We usually do the dining packages during peak periods, so the areas are pretty crowded. I don't like thinking I have a clear view, only to have someone cut in at the last minute to sit in front of me, obstructing my view. Or having to bob and weave throughout the show because the people in front of me are dancing with their kids while seated the entire time. But I'm fairly short, so it doesn't take much to block my view. DH is much taller -- he could have a pretty good view from the front, middle, or back.
Also, there are certain parts of the show that are more immersive than other parts. For example, (if you don't mind a spoiler) the Columbia becomes a pirate ship with live pirates, some of whom swing out on the rigging. If you are up front, you can make eye contact with some of the pirates and it can feel like they are swinging over your head. Fun! But not absolutely necessary to enjoy the show. It's still cool when viewed from the back.

The best way to gauge this is to stop by the viewing area earlier in the day to test this out. You'll be able to sit/kneel on the pavement right by the railing, maybe ten feet back, then all the way back by the planters. Use the cabin on the island as your focal point. How well can you see? Will people sitting in front of you and your kids make a difference, enough to obstruct your view? If the area isn't really crowded on your viewing night, people spread out, so you could still have a fairly clear view from the back because the area is slightly sloped. If the area is more crowded, your kids might not have a clear view while seated. We usually do the dining packages during peak periods, so the areas are pretty crowded. I don't like thinking I have a clear view, only to have someone cut in at the last minute to sit in front of me, obstructing my view. Or having to bob and weave throughout the show because the people in front of me are dancing with their kids while seated the entire time. But I'm fairly short, so it doesn't take much to block my view. DH is much taller -- he could have a pretty good view from the front, middle, or back.

Thanks for this advice! We are planning on seeing it on May 12th (Mothers Day), and from what I've read so far, isn't any busier than any other normal Sunday. My biggest concern is having to wait 2 hours in a line with small kids just to get a front row view by the rails. However, like you said, if there is even the smallest chance that it may end up being very crowded and my kids lose out on seeing the show that would really put a thorn in the beginning of our trip as that is our first day of the trip. =/ I guess I got a lot to think about. Appreciate all of your feedback though.

Thanks for this advice! We are planning on seeing it on May 12th (Mothers Day), and from what I've read so far, isn't any busier than any other normal Sunday. My biggest concern is having to wait 2 hours in a line with small kids just to get a front row view by the rails...
You won't have to wait 2 hours -- even during peak Holiday Time, we've never waited that long for spots at the rail!

You can usually get front row or close to it, if you get there an hour or so beforehand. I don’t think they open up the area for seating two hours ahead.

Is there stroller parking in the reserved area or do you have to park it outside?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter