• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic Dining Reservation weirdness

GaryDis

DIS Veteran
As of this posting, if I go to look for an ordinary reservation, the latest day it shows is Thursday, December 7. I figure we want to book a Fantasmic dining package for the 8th, so my timing is fine and just need to get up early tomorrow.

But just to be sure I know what I’m doing, I tried the Fantasmic Dining Package link, and it shows Friday, December 8 as the last available day. Not surprisingly, it also shows nothing available for 2 people.

Is it normal for the Fantasmic packages to open up a day earlier than regular dining reservations? Or is this a glitch? Or is it related to the schedule not being published yet?

We were hoping to get the River Belle Terrace Premium, but would settle for the River Belle Terrace standard seating. Is it still possible to get that by booking an ordinary reservation and asking for an upgrade when arriving at the restaurant? That would be our backup plan if I can’t get Fantasmic tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Some more info: I tried the same for the World of Color packages. It does the same thing, showing Dec 8 as the last available date. However, unlike Fantasmic, it shows availability for Dec 7. This could just be because Thursday isn’t nearly as popular for it. Or maybe it’s just for the Magic Key holders.

Last edited:
Fantasmic isn’t coming back until at least next spring, after the dragon burned up back in April. I don’t know why they still have the dining package showing up on the website, as I can see how that would be confusing for people.

As for WOC dining packages, I believe you just make a regular meal reservation and then once you’re at the restaurant you let them know you want the dining package. I’ve never actually done this so I don’t have any more details, maybe someone else has more info.

I'm pretty sure Fantasmic is closed until spring. They had the big fire and I don't believe it will be back for a while.

Thanks, everyone, and now I feel silly (and we’re not missing out on Fantasmic due to the dates being screwy.

But that still leaves the question as to why the various dining packages appear to be bootable a day earlier. As I said, the World of Color packagea are like that, as is the Tommorowland Terrace package.

Thanks, everyone, and now I feel silly (and we’re not missing out on Fantasmic due to the dates being screwy.

But that still leaves the question as to why the various dining packages appear to be bootable a day earlier. As I said, the World of Color packagea are like that, as is the Tommorowland Terrace package.
I don't really know! I'm currently in the process of securing my Dec reservations and it's unpredictable when things will drop. I am planning to book the WOC dessert package and noticed while fooling around with the dates that it is available a day earlier than I expected. I also found Trader Sam's at 2:30 AM this morning (yeah, couldn't sleep) instead of 6. I'd checked last night at midnight and it wasn't there but I was able to book it at 2:30. Weird. Nothing else was open yet except WOC for the same date.

Last edited:
I don't really know! I'm currently in the process of securing my Dec reservations and it's unpredictable when things will drop. I am planning to book the WOC dessert package and noticed while fooling around with the dates that it is available a day earlier than I expected. I also found Trader Sam's at 2:30 AM this morning (yeah, couldn't sleep) instead of 6. I'd checked last night at midnight and it wasn't there but I was able to book it at 2:30. Weird. Nothing else was open yet except WOC for the same date.
Im still having issues finding WOC reservations that are not Key Holder reservations (in beginning of Dec as well) ; and thats with getting on as soon as the day is available. Any tips?

Fantasmic isn’t coming back until at least next spring, after the dragon burned up back in April. I don’t know why they still have the dining package showing up on the website, as I can see how that would be confusing for people.

As for WOC dining packages, I believe you just make a regular meal reservation and then once you’re at the restaurant you let them know you want the dining package. I’ve never actually done this so I don’t have any more details, maybe someone else has more info.
I'd be interested to know if this is a thing as well, since I can't find WOC for any days no matter what time I log on to the reservation system.

Im still having issues finding WOC reservations that are not Key Holder reservations (in beginning of Dec as well) ; and thats with getting on as soon as the day is available. Any tips?
What method are you using to log in? I've found that some things only show up on my phone and others only show up on my computer. I can only get Trader Sam's to show up by going through the website and checking directly through Trader Sam's (not through the dining reservations). I go here https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/ and click the "reservations accepted" filter at the top. For some reason, the first 5 or 6 listings are not in alphabetical order on my computer but after those few at the top, they are alphabetically listed.

Edited to add: make sure you have "reservations accepted" and "unique, themed dining" filters selected.dl dining.JPG

Last edited:
What method are you using to log in? I've found that some things only show up on my phone and others only show up on my computer. I can only get Trader Sam's to show up by going through the website and checking directly through Trader Sam's (not through the dining reservations). I go here https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/ and click the "reservations accepted" filter at the top. For some reason, the first 5 or 6 listings are not in alphabetical order on my computer but after those few at the top, they are alphabetically listed.

Edited to add: make sure you have "reservations accepted" and "unique, themed dining" filters selected.View attachment 800360
Yes, I have tried several ways and the only thing that comes up is the reservations for key holders unfortunately. If you see otherwise can you show me?

1696856785674.png
Thank you, the dessert party works just fine (with the only day i want being blocked for some reason) but the normal dining packages are not there even if i go direct to the page. Guess I need to stay on site to grab these quickly

Thank you, the dessert party works just fine (with the only day i want being blocked for some reason) but the normal dining packages are not there even if i go direct to the page. Guess I need to stay on site to grab these quickly
That's weird. Hopefully some more knowledgeable DISers will know what to do! I do have a MK but why would WOC/dining packages be limited to MK holders at this time?

That's weird. Hopefully some more knowledgeable DISers will know what to do! I do have a MK but why would WOC/dining packages be limited to MK holders at this time?
They aren’t, so I’m curious what the poster is seeing to give them that impression. The only dining with a Magic Key requirement/restriction is the Magic Key Terrace.

@starkweatherink the reason you don’t see the World of Color dining packages is because they’re not available to book online or in the app as a separate dining experience. (If you go to the WOC dining page you’ll see that stated in the description.) You will make a regular reservation for the restaurant via the website or app and upgrade to the package in person.

They aren’t, so I’m curious what the poster is seeing to give them that impression. The only dining with a Magic Key requirement/restriction is the Magic Key Terrace.

@starkweatherink the reason you don’t see the World of Color dining packages is because they’re not available to book online or in the app as a separate dining experience. (If you go to the WOC dining page you’ll see that stated in the description.) You will make a regular reservation for the restaurant via the website or app and upgrade to the package in person.
Ohhhhhhh I totally missed that it was the dining package!! I've been so focused on my own reservations (I'm looking to book the dessert package) I forgot about the dining experience LOL! Thank you laugard!

Yes, laugard is exactly right. For the WOC dining package, you make a regular reservation and then tell the server you want the WOC package when you get there. It’s only the WOC dessert experience that has a separately bookable reservation.

Yes, laugard is exactly right. For the WOC dining package, you make a regular reservation and then tell the server you want the WOC package when you get there. It’s only the WOC dessert experience that has a separately bookable reservation.
Thank you all for the awesome explanation and context!

Thank you all for the awesome explanation and context!

The eligible reservations are Wine Country lunch or dinner or Storytellers dinner. (And it looks like MK terrace is being added on in November, but also that the package will be reservable ahead there.)

The eligible reservations are Wine Country lunch or dinner or Storytellers dinner. (And it looks like MK terrace is being added on in November, but also that the package will be reservable ahead there.)
I assume you mean the Tomorrowland Terrace package. But even if you didn’t, I’m so glad you posted this. I’d totally forgotten that it might show up soon, and had already booked an ordinary River Belle Terrace dinner. I’ve now replaced it with the Tomorrowland Terrace package instead for December. I‘m glad their system is smart enough to cancel the previous reservation.

I assume you mean the Tomorrowland Terrace package. But even if you didn’t, I’m so glad you posted this. I’d totally forgotten that it might show up soon, and had already booked an ordinary River Belle Terrace dinner. I’ve now replaced it with the Tomorrowland Terrace package instead for December. I‘m glad their system is smart enough to cancel the previous reservation.

They mean MK Terrace as in Magic Key Terrace. It's a sit down dining location in DCA only open to those with MKs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter