Fantasmic Dining Packages

2 Pinks

Mouseketeer
We (hubby, 2 daughters and MIL) are heading to Disneyland in September and I'm looking at the Fantasmic Dining Packages. DH and I used to live in Anaheim and we had APs from 2002-2006 when we moved out of state but ironically, not once did we watch Fantasmic. Even in subsequent visits, we didn't watch. No specific reason, so this trip we want to go! MIL hasn't been to Disneyland since the early 1980's so it will be something that will be new to all of us. She has bad knees so we are working hard at figuring out the best ways for her to enjoy this trip without having to stand for extended periods, or sit on the ground, she doesn't want a scooter as "thats for old people". She is also a complainer.

So here I am trying to decide what complaints to I want to listen to during the show. We go with the Hungry Bear to-go package and it isn't the food she wants and why do we have to walk so far or we go with the Blue Bayou package and "its you pay $XX and they still make you sit on the ground?!" or people are too tall and I can't see.

The most appealing package is the River Belle Terrace and pay the extra to watch the show from the restaurant. I can't seem to find any reviews on that specific package though. Is the view good? Is the food good? Do you actually stay at your table or after you eat is there a section you go to?

Thank you!

This is my view from our 2nd row table. The walkway in front of RBT was kept pretty clear so people walking by wasn't really an issue, but note the guests seated in front of us, the kids on shoulders, the large tree on the right, and the pole located in the restaurant, all of which partially blocked the view. I could have gotten up and stood in the back of the restaurant to get rid of the view of the pole, but overall it just wasn't a great view. You can see that the waterline where some of the projections happen is really not visible at all. Even the view of the guests in the front row would be partially blocked from the guests standing watching the show on the other side of the walkway.

View attachment 343247

I've watched the show from a "stand by" spot (ie, grabbing a spot where I could) in the past in front of HM ... this was a better view than that was, but the other dining packages definitely have better views than RBT IMO.
This is the post and the photo that convinced me that this "premium" package wasn't right for me. I can get a better view of the show for free. We love the BB package, but sitting on the ground isn't too much of a problem right now.

We did the RBT premium package and LOVED it! The main reason I did it was my mil as well, didn't want her to sit on the ground. They assign tables in order of when you book. I booked it as soon as I could (I was a couple hours later than they opened the phone lines but called that morning). Our view was amazing! The corn chowder was excellent (we were also cold, so having something warm was good), the ribs were good, the desert was mediocre. It's unlimited non-alcoholic drinks, including hot chocolate, which is what my kids and husband had. We were able to see the fireworks in the sky after Fantasmic. No, not as good as being in front of castle, but still so cool.

That experience was one of the highlights of the trip. My whole family couldn't stop talking about how amazing Fantasmic was and how glad they were I booked those seats.

This is the post and the photo that convinced me that this "premium" package wasn't right for me. I can get a better view of the show for free. We love the BB package, but sitting on the ground isn't too much of a problem right now.

Thank you for the insight! We will talk as a family and see what might be our best option.

We did the RBT premium package and LOVED it! The main reason I did it was my mil as well, didn't want her to sit on the ground. They assign tables in order of when you book. I booked it as soon as I could (I was a couple hours later than they opened the phone lines but called that morning). Our view was amazing! The corn chowder was excellent (we were also cold, so having something warm was good), the ribs were good, the desert was mediocre. It's unlimited non-alcoholic drinks, including hot chocolate, which is what my kids and husband had. We were able to see the fireworks in the sky after Fantasmic. No, not as good as being in front of castle, but still so cool.

That experience was one of the highlights of the trip. My whole family couldn't stop talking about how amazing Fantasmic was and how glad they were I booked those seats.

Thank you! My older DD loves ribs so thats good to hear. I will see if we can book early enough.

... They assign tables in order of when you book. I booked it as soon as I could (I was a couple hours later than they opened the phone lines but called that morning)...
Other posters have reported that they called first thing when the phone lines opened at 60 days out from their F! date and that they were still seated in the back of the patio. CMs have said that the tables are not assigned in a particular order. No one here has posted any strategy on how to guarantee a table at the railing. So it is possible to reserve very early and still be seated further back on the patio. And even at a front row table, there will still be people walking on the path in front of the restaurant and people with kids on their shoulders in the section ahead of you. If these things don't bother you, great! Personally, after seeing the show right up at the water's edge, I would find those things too distracting.

Other posters have reported that they called first thing when the phone lines opened at 60 days out from their F! date and that they were still seated in the back of the patio. CMs have said that the tables are not assigned in a particular order. No one here has posted any strategy on how to guarantee a table at the railing. So it is possible to reserve very early and still be seated further back on the patio. And even at a front row table, there will still be people walking on the path in front of the restaurant and people with kids on their shoulders in the section ahead of you. If these things don't bother you, great! Personally, after seeing the show right up at the water's edge, I would find those things too distracting.

Thats what I will ask my MIL - which is worse, having the possibility of partially blocked viewing or sitting on the ground for an extended period. :goodvibes

To piggy back on this (rather than starting a new thread), does anyone know what time your reservation needs to be at River Belle Terrace to get a Fastpass for the second show?

Thanks!

We’ve done the Premium RBT package twice now and enjoyed it both times. The first time our table was in the back row and the second time we were along the railing. I’m not sure how tables are assigned because I called to book both times as soon as the reservations opened. I checked in at the restaurant early when we got the back row and late when we got the railing table so there doesn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason there. While the view isn’t perfect, it was fine for us. I’m willing to take a less than perfect view to have an actual seat and no crowds to battle. It’s so nice to relax and enjoy a hot beverage while we watch the show!

Thats what I will ask my MIL - which is worse, having the possibility of partially blocked viewing or sitting on the ground for an extended period. :goodvibes
One possibility is that she might not have to sit on the ground for the entire waiting period. Your family could hold her spot while she walks around/gets a snack or drink/shops/etc. until very shortly before the show. Then she would be able to join you so that her sitting time is much shorter. Also, people have posted that they were allowed to stand in the very last row as long as they weren't blocking anyone's view. But if a chair is the only option for her, then the only package that will work would be the RBT Premium Package.

Honestly coming from someone with bad knees this is the best option if she won't rent a scooter or wheel chair. I'm 47 and the scooter is a life saver for me but I understand what she's saying about it being for old people as that was my mentality at first. But the seated option imo is the best bet for the least amount of pain.

I'm just wondering if you could rent her a manual wheelchair, just for the evening of F! I don't know how long the rental wheelchairs last at guest services (I think it costs $12 a day) but it might be worth having one just for that. Or even seeing if your hotel has them for rent. People in wheelchairs are allowed to sit at the back of the section, as long as they're not blocking the view of the people standing above.

To piggy back on this (rather than starting a new thread), does anyone know what time your reservation needs to be at River Belle Terrace to get a Fastpass for the second show?

Thanks!
The general rule is second showing tickets start when first showing tickets run out. So, no exact "book at this time." That being said... I've never been turned down when asking for a later showing, and we've done it a few times (most recently last June at Riverbelle Terrace for Fantasmic).

Honestly coming from someone with bad knees this is the best option if she won't rent a scooter or wheel chair. I'm 47 and the scooter is a life saver for me but I understand what she's saying about it being for old people as that was my mentality at first. But the seated option imo is the best bet for the least amount of pain.

I completely agree with you !!! I am 52 yrs old & with hip & back issues but caved in on using a scooter especially at Disney!! For so MANY years I walked all over the parks in A LOT of pain PLUS taking such a long time to get from point A to B that my husband said enough is enough and purchased a scooter for me!!
BEST purchase we ever made so I can FINALLY ENJOY what I love the most!! We are AP Holders and DVC members so if I could not get around Disney that would be a TOTAL waste of my $$$$ !!! Although I'm planning on possible hip surgery in the near future I wanted to make sure I make the most out of the time I have right now!

We did the deluxe package last year at River Belle Terrace and parked my scooter WITHIN the outside patio area but had a fine view of the show and will be seeing it again in June the very SAME WAY!!!

We sat on the ground with the BB package this time - but it will be our last. The view was amazing and enjoyed BB but I can't do the ground anymore. I will be needing to rent a scooter in upcoming years - not for walking or lines but for shows like this and parades. WDW has removed most of the benches - DL is better, but I can't sit on the ground flat anymore as my back won't take it. I wish Disney would hear their older fans and create options for them with seating - I hate to take away seating for truly disabled folks when I could make it with just a little accommodation

My wife and I have done the BB package twice and have our third package booked for next month. We love it and recommend it.

We sat on the ground with the BB package this time - but it will be our last. The view was amazing and enjoyed BB but I can't do the ground anymore. I will be needing to rent a scooter in upcoming years - not for walking or lines but for shows like this and parades. WDW has removed most of the benches - DL is better, but I can't sit on the ground flat anymore as my back won't take it. I wish Disney would hear their older fans and create options for them with seating - I hate to take away seating for truly disabled folks when I could make it with just a little accommodation
Please send in a comment to Disney about this. You are right that they need to hear this and figure out some way to meet this need. But that won't happen unless they start hearing about it!

I just wanted to clarify, if you have a Blue Bayou reservation but feel unable to sit on the ground for that long are you able to stand at the back of that area instead? I will be booking reservations in a few days and am still torn between Blue Bayou or River Belle on the terrace. I have been having back issues last few months and at this point dont think I will be comfortable at all sitting on the ground! The rest of my group would prefer the food and view at Blue Bayou though

I just wanted to clarify, if you have a Blue Bayou reservation but feel unable to sit on the ground for that long are you able to stand at the back of that area instead? I will be booking reservations in a few days and am still torn between Blue Bayou or River Belle on the terrace. I have been having back issues last few months and at this point dont think I will be comfortable at all sitting on the ground! The rest of my group would prefer the food and view at Blue Bayou though
People have posted that they have been allowed to stand in the last row as long as they weren't blocking anyone else's view. This isn't an official policy, so YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter