Fantasmic Dining Package :)

danceanddisney2010

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about getting the River Belle Terrace Dining package... anyone know where the seating for that is? Is it worth the cost? Also...cancellation policy..anyone know what it is? Thanks SO much

Ive done it and we lucked out and got front row directly behind railing and you could feel the water splash and the heat from the dragon.

your pretty much directly front the island BUT if that section fills up you go the next section and so on......

We are thinking about getting the River Belle Terrace Dining package... anyone know where the seating for that is? Is it worth the cost? Also...cancellation policy..anyone know what it is? Thanks SO much
All 3 F! dining packages are seated (on the ground) up front, right by the water, centered viewing, in this order (left to right, facing TSI): HB, BB, RBT. All 3 dining packages have the best, most centered, closest viewing with the least amount of wait time. All the seating is on the ground, so no one will stand in front of you, there are no shoulder kids to worry about blocking your view, and no one stands in the viewing area. After the first show, you will be invited to stay in your viewing area to watch the fireworks (if there is a fireworks show that night) from the ROA -- music will be piped in and the projections will be shown on the water screens. The dining packages for F! are totally worth the cost (BB is the most expensive, but comes with a souvenir seat cushion -- HB is the most economical because you can order off the package menu or the regular menu, all for the package price) -- because you get the best F! views with the least amount of wait time! Stand by viewing can be iffy and can require hours of wait time for a good view. With the dining packages, even the back row has a very good view. And nothing beats the immersive view of being up front. The cancellation policy is the same as it is for most DLR TS dining -- 24 hours in advance.

We found BB to be worth the price once. Not something to splurge on every trip, but very nice as a one time special event. Can't speak to RBT in particular, but the general package upcharge is reasonable to me.

We’ve don’t the blue bayou three times now. We think the cost is worth it. The food is always good and the service great, you get the cushions and the view is great. The river belle view would be very similar.

Of the three packages, BB has the prime viewing section dead center facing the island. I think the viewing from the HB and RBT sections are comparable to one another (and still quite good if not quite as perfect as BB) as they are sections to either side of BB as mentioned above. I've done all 3 packages and RBT is my least favorite in terms of overall value and experience. The food was 'meh' and I find the restaurant itself to not be especially pleasant or relaxing for a table service. You can tell it used to be QS location in terms of layout etc and it's very loud in there. I've never been seated outside to eat there so perhaps that's better, I'm not sure. HB is a much better 'value' for basically the same view. You will also use up less park time on the meal since its QS. Our last RBT experience was particularly bad where we were not seated for almost 45min after our reservation time and then service was so slow...we ended up spending almost 2 hours there! If I'm gonna spend 2 hours at a TS I'd rather it be somewhere like BB.

I LOVE F! (as one might guess from my avatar) so it's something of a must do for me every visit and we always do a dining package for the reasons @theluckyrabbit mentioned above. For us, it's BB if we want to splurge or we just do HB. I don't bother with RBT anymore.

Last edited:

Thanks so much for all the information! So HB seating is comparable to RBT seating?
The last time we did the HB package, we lined up early and sat at the railing, right next to the BB section. We were literally just inches from the BB guests who paid much more for basically the same view (and we brought our own cushions!) -- so it is possible for the HB viewing to be comparable to the BB seating, too.

The last time we did the HB package, we lined up early and sat at the railing, right next to the BB section. We were literally just inches from the BB guests who paid much more for basically the same view (and we brought our own cushions!) -- so it is possible for the HB viewing to be comparable to the BB seating, too.

Really? That is great to hear! Didn't really want to spend that much for BB so we were looking at RBT and now HB is in the running as well!

What time did you line up, and what are these cushions you brought? Did you keep them in a locker during the day?
Thanks!

I was just looking into getting an on the go fantasmic dining package and saw this under the know before you go about viewing areas "All viewing areas are standing only" so is that just for the holidays that it is no longer seated?

I was just looking into getting an on the go fantasmic dining package and saw this under the know before you go about viewing areas "All viewing areas are standing only" so is that just for the holidays that it is no longer seated?

That language has always been there, for whatever reason, even though its typically seated on the ground. There have been VERY sporadic (like 1 or 2) reports of people in the HB section being asked to stand up in the past but I haven't seen anyone report this lately and I have never been asked to stand in the HB section in the 6+ times I've done it.

Has anyone done the RBT Premium Dining Package (where you eat on the terrace at RBT during the show)?

Any thoughts on that experience would be great.

I'm looking at the BB package, which it says includes a starter, entree, and dessert. Are there really only 2 starters on the lunch menu (and 3 on the dinner menu) which are fried calamari and a beet salad? Do the kids pick the starter from that menu also? I've never eaten there before, but the menu seems tiny to me!! Can anyone chime in on the menu for the lunch package as far as is the one listed online really it? There are also only 2 desserts listed?

Also is there an AP discount on the BB Fantasmic package?

I'm looking at the BB package, which it says includes a starter, entree, and dessert. Are there really only 2 starters on the lunch menu (and 3 on the dinner menu) which are fried calamari and a beet salad? Do the kids pick the starter from that menu also? I've never eaten there before, but the menu seems tiny to me!! Can anyone chime in on the menu for the lunch package as far as is the one listed online really it? There are also only 2 desserts listed?

Also is there an AP discount on the BB Fantasmic package?

I think you're looking at the actual Blue Bayou menu (which is indeed fairly small). The F! package menu is different and isn't online. I would google for some F! package menu photos (but keep in mind that things do change sometimes). Usually the lunch starter for adult is Gumbo or House Salad (not the Beet Salad) with the Calamari available as an option for an upcharge. The kids starter is usually a crudite sampler (so some sticks of celery and carrots and ranch). Then there is a selection of entrees (again, not exactly the same as the regular BB menu though there will be some overlap) and usually 2-3 dessert options (typically a creme brulee which changes seasonally, the sorcerer mickey dessert that special for the F! package and then possibly the opera cake).

Yes, AP discounts do apply.

That language has always been there, for whatever reason, even though its typically seated on the ground. There have been VERY sporadic (like 1 or 2) reports of people in the HB section being asked to stand up in the past but I haven't seen anyone report this lately and I have never been asked to stand in the HB section in the 6+ times I've done it.
Well gee that's not at all confusing! Thank you for the info.

I think you're looking at the actual Blue Bayou menu (which is indeed fairly small). The F! package menu is different and isn't online. I would google for some F! package menu photos (but keep in mind that things do change sometimes). Usually the lunch starter for adult is Gumbo or House Salad (not the Beet Salad) with the Calamari available as an option for an upcharge. The kids starter is usually a crudite sampler (so some sticks of celery and carrots and ranch). Then there is a selection of entrees (again, not exactly the same as the regular BB menu though there will be some overlap) and usually 2-3 dessert options (typically a creme brulee which changes seasonally, the sorcerer mickey dessert that special for the F! package and then possibly the opera cake).

Yes, AP discounts do apply.
THANK YOU!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter