Fantasmic Dining Package

Candycane83

DIS Veteran
So last minute, I’m booking a F! Package for my family per my DH’s request. (Well his request was to watch F!) lol! I’m debating between H&V or Mama Melrose. We have been to H&V during Christmas and it was ok- food was mediocre at best. We’re doing a few character meals including Cape May and I figured since it’s a summer theme for both, I don’t really need to do both? I’ve never been to MM, seems to get mixed reviews too. Do you get to order any entree and dessert? Or is it a set meal? Any recommendations? Tell me which would you guys do? :) Thanks

Last edited:
I would do MM. We have been to all three restaurants included with the Fantasmic Dining Package and now either do MM or HBD depending on how many DP credits we want to use. You get one beverage including alcohol, an entree and dessert. The steak is pretty good for a single dining credit at MM.

I would do MM. We have been to all three restaurants included with the Fantasmic Dining Package and now either do MM or HBD depending on how many DP credits we want to use. You get one beverage including alcohol, an entree and dessert. The steak is pretty good for a single dining credit at MM.
Im not on the dining plan actually, lol! But I think we might just go with MM :) any recommendations on what to order? :)

Im doing HBD this year, only because it will be my actual BDay the day we go. Normally I would pick H&V. I can eat Italian anywhere. I (and family) can only dine with Disney characters at Disney. I cant replace a great memory with a good steak.

Thanks for the responses! I guess HBD has never appealed to me before so I haven’t really looked at it again. I’ll have a look now :)

Sorry to hijack the thread but if I’m on the dining plan is there any real reason not to do the fantasmic package at mm if we wanted to eat there anyway? Slightly less choice on menu but gain better fantasmic viewing?

Sorry to hijack the thread but if I’m on the dining plan is there any real reason not to do the fantasmic package at mm if we wanted to eat there anyway? Slightly less choice on menu but gain better fantasmic viewing?

Viewing is good anywhere. What you are really avoiding is a big line/wait to get in. That is a major benefit for me.

In our experience, there is also more room to sit in the Fantasmic section. We never feel packed in that section like we do for fast pass.

At MM I love love love the saltimbocca. My favorite meal anywhere, ever. SO delicious!

HBD is fine. HBD is better than MM for overall food quality but there are much better signature restaurants on property than HBD so we usually spend our money or DP credits on Jiko, FF, CG or Shulas. If we had unlimited money or credits we would do HBD in HS but it doesn't compare to other restaurants on property where we eat for signature restaurants so we choose to use a single dining credit on MM rather than as Pete calls it Hollywood and Slime.

Another vote for Mama Melrose. I had the steak last time, and I could cut it with a fork (ordered medium).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter