Fantasmic dining package worth it?

Nicnicnic.nic

Mouseketeer
Have you got this and thought worth it or not? Going to Hollywood studios with genie plus on May 2nd with my toddler. Ive heard mixed opinions. Wasn't planning originally to do a sit down this day but may be swayed if it makes fantasmic better but I think I can also get a LL for it.

It was worth it to me. I did the meal at Mama Melroses. I had the flatbread as my app, the steak for my entrée, and my soft drink. If I had purchased those same items without HHR package it would have been $56. Not having to wait in line to enter the theater and having such good seats for the show is an added bonus!

It was worth it to me. I did the meal at Mama Melroses. I had the flatbread as my app, the steak for my entrée, and my soft drink. If I had purchased those same items without HHR package it would have been $56. Not having to wait in line to enter the theater and having such good seats for the show is an added bonus!
Did you book at the normal 6am time or at midnight?

It was absolutely worth it to us - we did Mama Melrose as we hadn't eaten there before and it was great. Being able to use the "packages" line for Fantasmic and not stress about how early to get there was worth it to begin with, but once I saw the insane crowds working their way through the standby line into the venue I about had an anxiety attack on the spot (and I'm not a crowd-anxious person normally.) If we ever do Fantasmic again, we'll only do it through a dining package.

It was absolutely worth it to us - we did Mama Melrose as we hadn't eaten there before and it was great. Being able to use the "packages" line for Fantasmic and not stress about how early to get there was worth it to begin with, but once I saw the insane crowds working their way through the standby line into the venue I about had an anxiety attack on the spot (and I'm not a crowd-anxious person normally.) If we ever do Fantasmic again, we'll only do it through a dining package.
Did you book it at the 6am ADR time or the midnight extras time?

It has been worth it to us in the past. did this for lunch.
Just beware, that they sell a LOT of these (at least they did), so that line builds quickly as well, but you will have a better seat than just standby.

H&V food was quite disappointing in December for the pkg many characters tho! Maybe will give MM another whirl after reading the posts here

I’ve been wondering this too! But based on what I read, I decided to go for it bc we’re going around Easter, which will be a really busy time. If you’re not going at a crazy time, not sure I’d do it with a toddler though. The area is supposedly very big (can fit 6,000 people) and it requires you to have an app or a dessert plus commit to attending it that night. Those might all be things that are tough with a toddler imo. EDIT: Mine are 7.5 and almost 10 so while it’s more food than we probably need, I’m pretty confident in our ability to be there at 8:30. Knock on wood, haha.

I loved the F! dining package when it was on the dining plan, but I had to pass on it during our January trip for being just too expensive - especially since my kids are “Disney adults” now. Fortunately we still ended up with great seats in the regular line for the show, even showing up pretty last minute.

We always get the Fantasmic Dining Package. We love the guaranteed seat since we don't all do Genie Plus at HS and to us it seems like there is more room to sit because they don't pack you in like they do in the standby seating section.

We were happy to use it in late January. We were able to arrive at the amphitheater about 40 minutes before showtime and get excellent seats rather than having to arrive at the standby line an hour earlier. With a toddler I'd think reducing wait time and still being guaranteed excellent seats would be highly desired and well worth the slight increase in the cost of the meal.

I think if planning an HS table service anyway, then likely worth it. Especially if there’s only 1 show when you go or it’s important to you to do the first show around 8:30pm instead of waiting around for the 10pm show.

It’s nice but by no means necessary. Well, seeing Fantasmic:smickey: is necessary lol, but usually it’s not extraordinarily hard to get a seat. Busy times usually see 2 shows per night. When it’s only a single show (or at some point they go back to skipping a couple nights per week) you usually still get a seat if arriving 45+ minutes early.

We booked 50s diner fantasmic 1st show. It says we get to pick our seats at time of adr. We have 4:40 , I’m worried we won’t get to pick 5 seats together at show. How do we pick our seats.

Alternative question:

we have one splurge for the trip, do we do the package for fireworks at Epcot or Fantasmic at DHS?

We booked 50s diner fantasmic 1st show. It says we get to pick our seats at time of adr. We have 4:40 , I’m worried we won’t get to pick 5 seats together at show. How do we pick our seats.
The Fantasmic amphitheater is quite large, and seating is bleacher bench style, not individual seats, and not reserved. Guests with the Dining Package are seated in the 2 middle sections. The CMs fill one section and then the other. You enter together and sit together in whichever section they're seating at the time.

We did it last year. It was nice to have, but I wouldnt say it's worth paying an additional $15 per person for. For our family of five, that's $75 USD just to save 20 minutes of wait time and be center. Not necessary for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter