Fantasmic Dining Package issues booking

Perhaps they wanted these reservations to finally be well on their way before the craziness of the Candlelight release tomorrow!

I'm trying for the 7th, but H&V only has mid afternoon availability. Hoping they release dinner options?

What are your restaurants of choice for this package? I've not been to Mama Melrose, Sci-Fi or Hollywood and Vine. There will be five of us and Sci Fi looks fun and I know it's burgers, fries and such which is fine. Sci-Fi is more for the experience IMO which is perfectly fine. Regarding Mama's and Hollywood and Vine, what is everyone's opinion on those two options?

What are your restaurants of choice for this package? I've not been to Mama Melrose, Sci-Fi or Hollywood and Vine. There will be five of us and Sci Fi looks fun and I know it's burgers, fries and such which is fine. Sci-Fi is more for the experience IMO which is perfectly fine. Regarding Mama's and Hollywood and Vine, what is everyone's opinion on those two options?
We always like Mama's - great Italian option.

We always like Mama's - great Italian option.
Thank you. I've heard good and bad on the food there, so I've always been a little skeptical. We went to 50's primetime in October, so wanted to do something different. I like the food options at Mama's as they look good.

I'm trying for the 7th, but H&V only has mid afternoon availability. Hoping they release dinner options?
As of around 10AM today, there were dinner options for H&V. We managed to get one. Hope they release more for you.......

That's very possible. We got one for 4 of us. And to clarify, all we could see at the time was pre-5:00. Thinking that might be the latest they'll take them with the package, but I honestly don't know that for certain.

Can't comment on H&V but I enjoy Mama's almost every trip. The food is ok, think Olive Garden, but the atmosphere is lovely.

Can't comment on H&V but I enjoy Mama's almost every trip. The food is ok, think Olive Garden, but the atmosphere is lovely.
Thank you. Yes, the atmosphere looks to be relaxing/cozy and perfect for a family gathering during the holiday's. So, another positive comment on the food. Thanks.

That's very possible. We got one for 4 of us. And to clarify, all we could see at the time was pre-5:00. Thinking that might be the latest they'll take them with the package, but I honestly don't know that for certain.
I saw that as well, Dining package reservations only up until 5pm, but other regular reservations until early evening. It may be limited on the package times. We have had issues in the past getting to that 1st show after dinner...

Last edited:
Managed to grab a reservation for 5 and 6 at Hollywood and Vine for 3:45pm and 3:50pm on 12/7. We do need to add an extra person, hopefully to the already existing party of 5, since there will be 12 of us total, but will also keep our eyes open so we can modify the reservation.

Also, when playing around with the numbers, it seemed like on our date, they had dinner reservations at like 4pm for parties of 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter