• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic! Dining Package changes

firegurl

Mouseketeer
I have been trying to make our ADR's for our November trip and was having a hard time scheduling our Fantasmic dining package at Hollywood and Vine. The online system wouldn't let me schedule past November 1st at this location. This continued for 2 days so decided to call today. When I spoke with the Disney Dine CM, she told me that is because it looks like there will be changes to the package and Hollywood and Vine will not longer be offering this. She said that she hasn't heard anything about it yet but she would guess it is because it is becoming a character meal at dinner too. Has anyone heard about this? I guess we will wait and see.

I have one at mamma melroses's for November 10 at 3. I was talking to a helpful cm and she said no one has anything booked for after 3. I don't think they've released all the times yet so availability was small. That being said with all the seasonal Star Wars meals at h&v, I wouldn't be surprised if they did something there

That was another thing, they only had lunches available at Mama Melrose. Something is changing, I just hope I am able to get my plans the way I want.

That was another thing, they only had lunches available at Mama Melrose. Something is changing, I just hope I am able to get my plans the way I want.

Hmmm, explains why my itinerary planning office (AKL) could only get me a 3.40pm fantastic package when I asked for 5pmish

I was wondering the issue as well. Last September I made a F! package at H&V before our trip and another one while we were with no issues at all. I keep trying to make one for our November trip as well and all I am offered is Mama Melrose. Both H&V and Brown Derby have been blocked out.

Hope they make the announcements soon esp since we are in our booking windows!

I can't get any of the restaurants for fantasmic in November ... Only November 1st. So something is up?

I had to call to get anything passed November 1st. I still can't get anything after the first to open up online.

I called last night to make ressies for 11/11/14 for fantasmic and I was told they will not be releasing tables for fantasmic yet as they are making changes. This CM said tons of calls were rolling in for the fantasmic but they could not book it. I keep trying everyday
:confused3

I called last night to make ressies for 11/11/14 for fantasmic and I was told they will not be releasing tables for fantasmic yet as they are making changes. This CM said tons of calls were rolling in for the fantasmic but they could not book it. I keep trying everyday :confused3

I have mine for November 3rd.

I called last night to make ressies for 11/11/14 for fantasmic and I was told they will not be releasing tables for fantasmic yet as they are making changes. This CM said tons of calls were rolling in for the fantasmic but they could not book it. I keep trying everyday
:confused3

That is strange. I was able to book mine over the phone for 11/11 but they were for lunch. I am going to keep an eye on things because I would much rather have a dinner package. There was nothing available for dinner that day.

So glad you posted this. We have ressies for Oct 12th. Nothing was available at any times for H&V. They had 3:30 times for HBD and MM, but nothing later. Now I will keep checking to see what is up.

Quick question - would you rather eat at HBD or MM with fantasmic package paying OOP?

Ok, you are all scaring me! I called on 5/13 and got 11/12 for lunch at the Brown Derby- what kind of changes are they talking about doing?

Ok, you are all scaring me! I called on 5/13 and got 11/12 for lunch at the Brown Derby- what kind of changes are they talking about doing?

I want to know that too. Are they changing food, etc., or changing show some too?

I also had to call and got Brown Derby for lunch on 11/5 but there was nothing available for dinner. The CM said they were all being held.

my 180 day mark is friday 5/23. I want to book a fantasmic package for 11/22 (dinner).

I noticed that the online reservation calendar only went to 11/1.

I am not happy. I will settle for a late lunch if necessary. I hope that I can at least get that.

I'm just gessing here but I'd say they are dropping the H&V Fantasmic Dinner to make way for a permanent Star Wars Character Dinner at H&V. The other restaurants would have to take up the extras. Maybe they would open more tables to the package to handle the H&V loss. If they open more Brown Derby tables its a win win for Disney since it cost more for the package.

I'm just gessing here but I'd say they are dropping the H&V Fantasmic Dinner to make way for a permanent Star Wars Character Dinner at H&V. The other restaurants would have to take up the extras. Maybe they would open more tables to the package to handle the H&V loss. If they open more Brown Derby tables its a win win for Disney since it cost more for the package.

Hope this is true!! :hyper:

I was thinking something close to this as well. Just wish they would hurry and make the announcement so that I can make plans either way. Seems silly to block that area off and not cancel the dinner package completely or announce the new info before hand. Really surprised if it is a SW dinner permanently that a leak has been heard yet.

I was thinking something close to this as well. Just wish they would hurry and make the announcement so that I can make plans either way. Seems silly to block that area off and not cancel the dinner package completely or announce the new info before hand.

I agree. this seems like an odd way to handle the situation. They are affecting my plan making process. I would like to know if the dinner package will be in effect or not.

They told me that since Fantasmic is at 6:30 they are only doing lunches for the package, which means no H&V since dinner was their only part of the package. I guess since the park closes at 8 then (generally) and the show is at 6:30 you wouldn't really have time for "dinner" unless it was less then an hour at 5 o'clock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter