Fantasmic dining package at RBT

momto3boysillbe

Mouseketeer
I want the best experience for fantasmic so I was looking at the dining package and saw for $25 you can upgrade to premium seating to view from the patio. Is this an ideal upgrade for someone that’s never been to Disneyland before? I’ll only have 2 1/2 days at the park so I don’t want to stress about seeing fantasmic. Thank you!

This is my view from our 2nd row table. The walkway in front of RBT was kept pretty clear so people walking by wasn't really an issue, but note the guests seated in front of us, the kids on shoulders, the large tree on the right, and the pole located in the restaurant, all of which partially blocked the view. I could have gotten up and stood in the back of the restaurant to get rid of the view of the pole, but overall it just wasn't a great view. You can see that the waterline where some of the projections happen is really not visible at all. Even the view of the guests in the front row would be partially blocked from the guests standing watching the show on the other side of the walkway.

View attachment 343247

I've watched the show from a "stand by" spot (ie, grabbing a spot where I could) in the past in front of HM ... this was a better view than that was, but the other dining packages definitely have better views than RBT IMO.
This was someone else's view from the "premium" package at RBT. Other posters have been more than happy with their dinner and view, especially when they were seated in the front row at the railing. For us, this view is NOT good enough to justify the upcharge. We've seen F! many times from the regular dining package viewing areas (HB, BB, and RBT), right up by the water -- that totally immersive view can't compare to the above view, IMO. With the regular dining packages, all viewing is seated on the ground, so everyone can see the show (no shoulder kids, no one standing in front of you, and no one walking in front of you). The BB guests receive a cute souvenir cushion to sit on. HB is the most economical package and still has a very good view.

We did the RBT Fantasmic package in July, and loved it! We booked right when the 60 day window opened, and were seated at the best table on the patio (not sure if this is how it is supposed to work, or we were just lucky). The view was great, and the patio is high enough over the walkway that people walking by were not at all in the way of the view. The CM's did not allow parents to put children on their shoulders, and we saw several being asked to remove the child so that people behind could see. It was great having a leisurely dinner and then being able to sit and watch the show. We would totally do it again in a heartbeat. Waiting for an hour+ and siting on the ground is not something I want to do on my vacation.

Thanks for the replies so far! This is a bit of a quick trip to plan (first week of Sept) and I need all the info I can find!

We did the RBT Fantasmic package in July, and loved it! We booked right when the 60 day window opened, and were seated at the best table on the patio (not sure if this is how it is supposed to work, or we were just lucky). The view was great, and the patio is high enough over the walkway that people walking by were not at all in the way of the view. The CM's did not allow parents to put children on their shoulders, and we saw several being asked to remove the child so that people behind could see. It was great having a leisurely dinner and then being able to sit and watch the show. We would totally do it again in a heartbeat. Waiting for an hour+ and siting on the ground is not something I want to do on my vacation.

I second this! We did the premium package in January and couldn't have been happier. We had amazing seats and an amazing view! It was cold that night and had rained in the day so it was nice not to sit on the damp ground and it was free unlimited tea and hot chocolate which was nice to warm back up. You shouldn't have the problem in September, but depending on when in September you never know.

It was myself, husband, 18 and 16 year old kids and 78 year old mother in law. The 16 year old boy said it was one of the highlights of the trip and we all said we would do it again in a heartbeat.

Good luck!

We are considering it for the sole reason that we will be with my 70 year old parents and they will a) not want to stand that long, b) not be able to sit on the ground and c) my dad is not a good wait-er. So if we can have dinner at a table in a nice restaurant while we wait, then watch from the chairs, it will make it worth it!

When we were there in November as a party of 10, everyone who chose to watch just happened upon it and found a place to hang out and watch. That was the second show, though, and I understand that the second show is much less crowded.

Anyone have an opinion for the best time to reserve dinner? I have a 5 and 6:15 but there was a 7 available too.

We did the premium package once and I don’t feel it was worth it. We had a table in what I would call the third row and the view was definitely obstructed. We were told the seating is not first come/first served and you can’t request a table. It’s just the luck of how they need to fit everyone in the tables available.

We did it saturday. I booked right at the window for reservations and in my opinion we got the best table. Having a seat and not the hard ground was amazing. We still had drinks from dinner and it was quite comfortable. My only complain was the distraction from the cast members directing traffic with their flashlights. It was $180 for the 2 of us and the food was just okay......

... My only complain was the distraction from the cast members directing traffic with their flashlights. It was $180 for the 2 of us and the food was just okay......
This is a big part of why we just won't pay for what just doesn't seem all that "premium" with this package. The other packages, even BB, cost (much) less for the 2 of us and come with a much better, more immersive view. No one in front of us, no shoulder kids, no flashlights, pirates swinging right over our heads, etc. With the BB package you get a cushion to sit on. With the other packages we bring our BB cushions with us. The HB package has pretty good food (surprising!), and with our cushions, we sit just inches from the BB guests for a lot less money -- and have a great view of the show. For those who cannot sit on the ground, there have been reports here that there are other options besides the RBT Premium Package. CMs can help you if you ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter