• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

fantasmic dessert party?

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
for those who have done this recently
could you tell me what you liked and did not like about it? thanks

We did this in December. We liked the reserved seating in the center. The dessert trays were pretty good. The only real complaints we had were it a little pricey and the drink options weren't the greatest.

We did this in December. We liked the reserved seating in the center. The dessert trays were pretty good. The only real complaints we had were it a little pricey and the drink options weren't the greatest.
Did they offer water, or any other drinks besides the neon drinks?

IMO, this is the second biggest gyp in Disney. Number One is the Riverboat Parade Watching Party. Number Three is the Frozen dessert party.

If you really want reserved seating for this nearly 20 year old show, get a Fastpass or do a dining package.

This hosing consists of a seat that was already paid for with your admission, a box of snacks, and a drink. Total waste of $50.

There was a small bottle of water in the bag for each person. Sorry, I can't remember what other options were available where we picked up the alcoholic drinks.

IMO, this is the second biggest gyp in Disney. Number One is the Riverboat Parade Watching Party. Number Three is the Frozen dessert party.

If you really want reserved seating for this nearly 20 year old show, get a Fastpass or do a dining package.

This hosing consists of a seat that was already paid for with your admission, a box of snacks, and a drink. Total waste of $50.
I actually wasn't asking for opinions on whether or not it is worth it. For us, a party of 2 who have never seen Fantasmic and plan to do so only once, the $39 per person price is reasonable for center seating and a nice dessert. We rarely visit Hollywood Studios, and when we do, we like to eat dinner at Sci Fi, which does not offer a Fantasmic dining package. We have other attractions we'd like to spend our 3 reserved FastPasses on, and as we'll enter the park midday, we can't count on FPs being available for Fantasmic after we get through our first three.

Last edited:
I’d do it if I didn’t have a stroller. Granted, my toddler was starting to lose it by the time we went to pick up our drinks/bags, but carrying all that, pushing the stroller up to the parking area, and then trying to get the toddler up was not fun. Had 6yo DD and she helped carry some stuff but between four cups of liquid and two big bags of food and a semi-angry two year old it wasn’t easy :)

I actually wasn't asking for opinions on whether or not it is worth it. For us, a party of 2 who have never seen Fantasmic and plan to do so only once, the $39 per person price is reasonable for center seating and a nice dessert. We rarely visit Hollywood Studios, and when we do, we like to eat dinner at Sci Fi, which does not offer a Fantasmic dining package. We have other attractions we'd like to spend our 3 reserved FastPasses on, and as we'll enter the park midday, we can't count on FPs being available for Fantasmic after we get through our first three.

I thought it was $49? In any case, my opinions were directed to the OP, Shanti. :flower3:

They did provide small bottles of water. There was one alcoholic option and one juice. Neither was that great in our opinion, but we thought the juice was better.

Off topic but I like your style- I’m curious what you didn’t like about the frozen dessert party? Have you done the Star Wars dessert party?
Also- what are your 3 best values?

Off topic but I like your style- I’m curious what you didn’t like about the frozen dessert party? Have you done the Star Wars dessert party?
Also- what are your 3 best values?

I haven’t done any dessert parties because I think that they are all ridiculously overpriced. In general, Disney’s greed is getting to me lately.

My issue with the Frozen party in particular is that it is so easy to find a good view of Illuminations. There is no reason to pay extra to get one.

@Shanti, I tried to PM you just to say that I like you and agree with you on most threads. I am sorry if my post rubbed you the wrong way. I’ve been trying to chill out on my dessert party hatred because lots of people do have good reasons for participating in them, as your post demonstrates.

I have really got to put a lid on it because I come here to have fun, not argue with people.

Shanti, I tried to PM you just to say that I like you and agree with you on most threads. I am sorry if my post rubbed you the wrong way. I’ve been trying to chill out on my dessert party hatred because lots of people do have good reasons for participating in them, as your post demonstrates.

I have really got to put a lid on it because I come here to have fun, not argue with people.
No need for an apology. I'm sorry if I overreacted.

So what's the deal - not understanding - this is a grab n go? Just re-read the description.
Is it a bag of pretzels and a strawberry? Crackers and cheese packets?
"It all starts at the Fantasmic! theater where you’ll pick up your freshly prepared snacks inspired by the show. Menu items feature a variety of sweet and salty sensational treats for adults or children such as chocolate-dipped strawberries, cheese and crackers and make-your-own “worms and dirt” pudding."

Price is $39 before DVC discount 10%

So what's the deal - not understanding - this is a grab n go? Just re-read the description.
Is it a bag of pretzels and a strawberry? Crackers and cheese packets?
"It all starts at the Fantasmic! theater where you’ll pick up your freshly prepared snacks inspired by the show. Menu items feature a variety of sweet and salty sensational treats for adults or children such as chocolate-dipped strawberries, cheese and crackers and make-your-own “worms and dirt” pudding."

Price is $39 before DVC discount 10%

Correct, it is a dessert “experience” and not a true party. You pick up a pre-packaged box and drink(alcoholic or non) at checkin, then go to a VIP section, I believe it is centered, just above the dinner packages. The pictures of food tray on the Disney booking page show an example of the boxed food: a cupcake, chocolate covered strawberries, trail mix, cheese and crackers and maybe a bar thing. I’m not sure how to link the picture here but if you search the boards you can find other threads with pics.

Correct, it is a dessert “experience” and not a true party. You pick up a pre-packaged box and drink(alcoholic or non) at checkin, then go to a VIP section, I believe it is centered, just above the dinner packages. The pictures of food tray on the Disney booking page show an example of the boxed food: a cupcake, chocolate covered strawberries, trail mix, cheese and crackers and maybe a bar thing. I’m not sure how to link the picture here but if you search the boards you can find other threads with pics.

Thank you - The momentary weakness passed. Not spending the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter