Fantasmic BB Dining Plan or FP, what’s better?

gardengirl2790

Mouseketeer
Heading to DLR, I’ve never done a dining package, and need some help. I’ve done my best to research whether there’s really any difference in where our group of 3 will get to sit for Fantasmic if I do a Blue Bayou dining package or just grab a FastPass for Fantasmic. Can anyone advise? Thank you!😊

Blue Bayou Fantasmic dining package has the best seating for Fantasmic - you are let into the seating area first, sit front row center at the rail, no one in front of you, you get a cushion to sit on. It's also the most expensive.

There are other strategies to get good seating based on personal preference that factor in cost, how early you are willing to arrive, FPs, how far off center you're willing to be, how far back you're willing to be, etc. But if it's your first time going, you want great viewing, and you're willing to pay the price of the package, the Blue Bayou is the way to go.

We have a very large family, and did the Hungry Bear option, and it was right next to the BB package. We enjoyed it, but if it was just DH and I, I'd opt for the BB package instead. I'm a sucker for extra thingies like cushions, love the atmosphere of BB (when I'm not wrangling 5 kids), and the view is just a smidge better than the other areas. But if you are one of the last people to get in the BB seating area, your view will be comparable or lesser than the view for the first row of folks in the cheaper seats. So even if you opt for the BB package, lining up early rather than late is worth it to maximize your view!

I’ve done both BB and Hungry Bear, and HB is fine and sometimes less crowded than the BB area. You can bring a sweatshirt or something to sit on (my go to is my cheap flip flops I wear for Splash, with a folded sweatshirt on top- makes a fine cushion!)
Also note: if you get a FASTPASS, you will be standing. And it’s often quite squished.

We seated ourselves and still waited an hour for good seating at the BB Fantasmic reserved section. I LOVE the seat cushion and honestly it was my primary motivator for doing it. The latest Fantasmic version wasn't my favorite and I probably wouldn't do a repeat. But I am happy I got the cushion (which we also used for MSEP same night) and the meal was great.

Fastpass is a MESS !! total cattle call and yes, squished with many people and standing.... AWFUL !!

I’ve done the BB package twice. We had a wonderful experience watching both times and the cushions are great, but I won’t spring for it again. The food just isn’t that good and it’s very expensive. The second time we had a bad table at the restaurant and mediocre service-and I think it was $600 for the 8 of us. Next time we will probably do HB-they sit right next to the BB folks. I can even bring the old cushions :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter