• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic and Star Wars Galactic Display

JodyLynC

DIS Veteran
I have never been to Fantasmic. Is it a stage show or a Fireworks display? Can you see some of it from the nearby resorts? Is the Dining Package worth it?

How does the new Star Wars show work with Fantasmic? Is one replacing the other?

Thanks!!
Jody

Fantasmic! is a stage show, but it has some pyrotechnics involved. It takes place in a dedicated amphitheater and cannot be seen outside of it. It has a huge seating area, but dining packages can help you get the seats in the center area. Personally, I usually find a good seat without the dining package, but some people like it. You may still end up toward the back of that section depending on when you arrive.

The Star Wars fireworks now run in addition to Fantamsic! Fantasmic! is quite popular and I doubt it will be going away any time soon. It seems like the timing though is making it difficult to see both. Fantasmic! holds a lot of people and exiting can take a while. If there are 2 Fantasmic! showings on a given night, the second one is always less crowded.

Fantasmic! is truly a sight to behold. It's my favorite nighttime spectacular at WDW. It's got lots of lights and special effects, a tiny bit of fireworks, and it can get loud and very scary for little kids in certain parts. Last time we went the dad in front of us had to take his toddler out. We do like to do the dining package if it works with our plans, because it gives us the center section seats that we love the most. But there truly is not a bad seat in the house and on our last trip we (unadvisedly) rushed in with minutes to spare and were just as happy watching from the top far right of the amphitheater. Do be careful about trying that strategy, because a lot of times it's standing room only by the time the show starts (at least for the first show).

In February, we were lucky to catch the Star Wars fireworks just after Fantasmic! let out. Standing on Hollywood Blvd quite close to the exit was a perfect spot, and we were able to be amongst the first to get on the bus afterwards! My understanding is that the Star Wars show has been enhanced beyond what the fireworks were at that time. But let me tell you, those were some AMAZING fireworks! Would love to catch what they have going on now on our next trip!

Have fun at DHS! :flower1:

We found the Fantasmic! Dining Package to be worth it. We needed to eat anyways so we might as well get "reserved" seating for Fantasmic with our meal. We chose Mama Melrose and were not disappointed! The seating is prime for the show but still arrive early as they open up the section to everyone a few minutes before show time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter