Fantasmic 2nd show on a ticketed event night

CdnWDWfan

Earning My Ears
We are planning to go to HS Jan 4/23 and since the Fantasmic dining packages still are not available for January yet, I am wondering about the strategy of trying for a second show without a package and trying to avoid some of the 3 hour wait times to get a seat. I know in the past the second showing typically has a lighter crowd, but things have changed so much. Disney just added a second showing at 9:30, but that date is also a ticketed event from 930 to midnight. Does anyone know if regular park guests who do not have the late hours ticket will have any difficulty attending the second show ? I realize we would be funneled out to the exit after the show, but just wanted to make sure we will actually be allowed to get into it. I am not going to buy tickets for the ticketed event. Thanks!

We are planning to go to HS Jan 4/23 and since the Fantasmic dining packages still are not available for January yet, I am wondering about the strategy of trying for a second show without a package and trying to avoid some of the 3 hour wait times to get a seat. I know in the past the second showing typically has a lighter crowd, but things have changed so much. Disney just added a second showing at 9:30, but that date is also a ticketed event from 930 to midnight. Does anyone know if regular park guests who do not have the late hours ticket will have any difficulty attending the second show ? I realize we would be funneled out to the exit after the show, but just wanted to make sure we will actually be allowed to get into it. I am not going to buy tickets for the ticketed event. Thanks!
Disney frequently schedules Fantasmic, Harmonious, etc. to begin at park closing time. You’ll be allowed to attend that late show, no problem.

Disney frequently schedules Fantasmic, Harmonious, etc. to begin at park closing time. You’ll be allowed to attend that late show, no problem.
Thanks, I know in the past that was always the case. With these new ticketed “extended hours “ events, I didn’t know if that changed it or not.

An update for anyone considering this idea….according to a CM on a chat today, because there is a ticketed event on the date we are at HS and WDW has just changed the hours again to 9pm close….we will not be permitted to see Fantasmic showing at 930 unless we purchase the extra hours event ticket. Feeling unhappy about this, especially since the dining packages did not drop until less than 30 days out and I was unable to get one.

An update for anyone considering this idea….according to a CM on a chat today, because there is a ticketed event on the date we are at HS and WDW has just changed the hours again to 9pm close….we will not be permitted to see Fantasmic showing at 930 unless we purchase the extra hours event ticket. Feeling unhappy about this, especially since the dining packages did not drop until less than 30 days out and I was unable to get one.

I would bet that the info you received from the CM is 100% incorrect

I would bet that the info you received from the CM is 100% incorrect
I really hope so! It is hard to get any current, correct info regarding anything affected by these new ticketed extended hour events (I am likely wrong, but these are a newer thing, like a new variation of the halloween or Christmas parties that seems to be replacing the extra magic hours of previous years that used to be free for on site guests?)

Right now it really looks like they plan to only show the 9:30 show for after hours attendees based on scheduling. This is a real interesting decision by Disney. They could be trying to increase capacity for the event since there is a limited number of rides. It could also be a way to avoid congesting all the ride lines right at park closing. As an attendee, I would have a hard time spending more than 1/6 of my time watching Fantasmic and having to walk back down that hill. I would essentially paying $24 to see the show. Having been to a couple of after hours events, my whole MO is to ride as much as possible avoiding daytime lines.

Ok, let's do a little exercise:

Fantasmic moves to 9:30pm on Dec 26, but Disney's Hollywood Studios closes at 9pm - who is that performance for? The logic in this thread would suggest that nobody will be able to watch the 9:30pm shows starting on 12/26 because the park is closed.

The actual answer is that Disney used to regularly show Fantasmic after park close and they're starting to do that again. It's a way of managing crowds.

Long story short: the OP will be able to watch Fantasmic on 1/4/2023 regardless of the Disney After Hours schedule or what a CM said over the phone

Yes, based on the way things used to be, I did assume that we would be able to catch the second showing and then exit the park. I wanted to verify that wouldn’t change with the addition of the extended hours ticketed event. Now that the park hours have changed, it made me second guess that assumption. Since dining packages were impossible to get and I refused to fork out another $300 for a now sold out after hours event, I will take my chances that things will work out .

Yes, based on the way things used to be, I did assume that we would be able to catch the second showing and then exit the park. I wanted to verify that wouldn’t change with the addition of the extended hours ticketed event. Now that the park hours have changed, it made me second guess that assumption. Since dining packages were impossible to get and I refused to fork out another $300 for a now sold out after hours event, I will take my chances that things will work out .

It’s interesting for sure. Please come back & update us after. Have a great vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter