Fanny Packs

Another TWO thumbs UP for fanny packs! I use a Disney fanny pack for every trip. I carry my phone, lip balm, medication, gum, ID/credit card and my tickets in their own separate section. My sunglasses go in on rides too.

DH does carry a back pack with snacks, water and bigger items (ie - sunscreen).

For pictures, I've worn it, taken it off or just turned it around and all you can see is the black strap.

It's soo practical to me -- but my sister wouldn't be caught dead wearing one!

On past trips I used a fanny pack but because of how they look, I bought a Baggalini large wallet bagg for this trip. I discovered that I hate it after I tried it out at 2 local amusement parks first. It's heavy even when empty, doesn't sit right on my body (leans forward), the pockets are awkward for my belongings (nothing fits where it supposed to) and the strap rubbed my neck and having it cut across my chest isn't much more flattering than the fanny pack accentuating my large butt. So I decided to use a small drawstring backpack this time but found that I still carried my camera in a camera bag across my body or around my waist and my stuff wasn't as easily accessed in the backpack as in the fanny pack. It was also hot on my back and I ended up carrying it in my hand much of the time. Therefore, I believe that I will be going back to the fanny pack on my next trip and I don't care how I look (although I do take it off for pictures so I guess I care a little bit!). It's really a personal decision based on what is most convenient for you and what works best for you. Believe me, whatever you choose, you will not be alone in your choice!

I admit I look silly wearing a fanny pack ... but it is so convenient to have on on a vacation! Especially when you are on a thrill ride - all you stuff like sunglasses, camera, etc can stay together attached to you.
:banana:

My DH and I both wear our fanny packs proudly at WDW! They are just so handy for carrying everything we might need or want. I don't know anyone outside of my family at WDW so I really don't care if they think I'm not fashionable.

My DH W I L L N E V E R wear a fanny pack:rotfl:
He said he would rather carry around a boulder in his backpack then wear one of them......
This year the backpack will be a little lighter. The girls are much older now and they can carry their own stuff!

My DH wears a fanny pack at amusement parks..but that is the only time. He couldn't fit all his junk in mine anymore!

wow, that lady in the picture has one BIG fanny pack, alright!

makes me wonder if it's a bit "clumsy" there in front....

me, i wear the smaller black disney fanny pack like the one her daughter on the left is wearing...

me, i wear the smaller black disney fanny pack like the one her daughter on the left is wearing...

Where can I find one of the small Disney
fanny packs for my DD5?

I Just Ordered 2 More Dakine Hip Packs For My Dd's. They're Low Profile And Since I Just Received Mine In The Mail And Checked If The Autograph Books Fit In Mine, I Knew They Could Use These. We Can Also Use These When We Snowboard If We Wanted To. I Know They Won't Hold A Water Bottle Or Camcorder, Also They Won't Hold The Disney Poncho's. They Would Hold A Compact Digital Camera And They Would Also Hold An Emergency Size Poncho That's Originally Packed To The Size Of Cards. I Know We Could Bring A Backpack, But I Don't Like To Carry Around Much, So I Am Going With These So Far. I'm Not Sure About The Disney Ponchos We Had Ordered Off Of Ebay, As They Won't Fit, But To Carry A Backpack Just For That Seems Too Much.

I Just Ordered 2 More Dakine Hip Packs For My Dd's. They're Low Profile And Since I Just Received Mine In The Mail And Checked If The Autograph Books Fit In Mine, I Knew They Could Use These. We Can Also Use These When We Snowboard If We Wanted To. I Know They Won't Hold A Water Bottle Or Camcorder, Also They Won't Hold The Disney Poncho's. They Would Hold A Compact Digital Camera And They Would Also Hold An Emergency Size Poncho That's Originally Packed To The Size Of Cards. I Know We Could Bring A Backpack, But I Don't Like To Carry Around Much, So I Am Going With These So Far. I'm Not Sure About The Disney Ponchos We Had Ordered Off Of Ebay, As They Won't Fit, But To Carry A Backpack Just For That Seems Too Much.

I was wondering if the hip packs are water proof. Most of them don't say. I also bought my DD4 an autograph book from the laugh place and it seems really large . I am not sure if it will fit into a hip pack? Atleast one that she could wear ? Any thoughts. Hip Pack does sound better than fanny!

My packs are water-resistant. The water didn't soak through when it rained or when I spilled something on them, it just rolled off. Most of them are made of the same material that backpacks are made of.

As for finding a small Disney pack, I remember that we waited until we got down to the parks before getting them for the girls. Maybe you can check ebay or disneyshopping.com or like Torgue - laughingplacestore.com

suzimar, honestly, the huge pack on the front is no big deal. The pack itself isn't that heavy, it's pretty light. It's really a pack to be worn on the lower back, which is more comfortable, but I don't trust no one behind me, so I scooted it up front. Like I said, I don't wear it all the time, only when I think DH needs a break from carrying the backpack:goodvibes

I don't think the pack looks big on her at all OR clumsy. I actually think it's one of the best looking fanny packs I've seen. Sure beats having a backpack, leaving somthing important in the stroller, or not having something needed because of lack of space. Especially those with small children. As most have said they really don't care what they look like in the park, it's not like there will be people pointing saying "Did you just see that!??! She's wearing a fanny pack, oh noes!!!!". Hehehe, there would be a lot of pointing since so many people wear them. There's a lot of fashion no-no's in the "What the..." thread, lol, I hardly think the fanny pack is one of them at the parks. Anyways, who cares!!! We're at Disneyworld!!

suzimar, honestly, the huge pack on the front is no big deal. The pack itself isn't that heavy, it's pretty light. It's really a pack to be worn on the lower back, which is more comfortable, but I don't trust no one behind me, so I scooted it up front. Like I said, I don't wear it all the time, only when I think DH needs a break from carrying the backpack:goodvibes

Agreed:) I'll be wearing mine up front too:)

When I hear "fanny pack" I think immediately about those flourescent lime-green numbers that were around in the 90s, so immediately I get a negative vibe. However, some of the ones posted in this thread have surprised me and I don't see anything wrong with those. Honestly, I was under the impression that fanny packs weren't around much anymore. :lmao:

I don't think I'd wear one, but they don't look as bad as I've been picturing. :rotfl:

I don't do the fanny pack because I have found that if you have any bit of a belly - which I do after a C-section - that they 1)look terrible and 2) become uncomfortable when you sit down.

We have always used a small backpack,purse looking thing which I liked but DH thought was a bit to girly - which means I carried it all the time.

This year I wised up and ordered this baggallini

47360_6_1

This is a messenger

I don't use them because we do a "if it doesn't fit in your pockets, it doesn't go" thing. But I wouldn't hesitate to wear it just because it looks dumb.

Life is too short to worry about crap like that. Who cares.

You have my blessing (like that matters. :) ) Go forth and fanny pack!!

I was wondering if the hip packs are water proof. Most of them don't say. I also bought my DD4 an autograph book from the laugh place and it seems really large . I am not sure if it will fit into a hip pack? Atleast one that she could wear ? Any thoughts. Hip Pack does sound better than fanny!

I AM NOT SURE IF THEY ARE WATER PROOF, IT DIDN'T SAY, AND THERE IS A SMALL HOLE IN THE BACK FOR HEADPHONE CORDS. THE FRONT POCKET IS LINED WITH SOFT FELT FOR SUNGLASSES/GLASSES, WHICH WORKS WELL FOR MY DD8'S GLASSES. HOWEVER THE AUTOGRAPH BOOKS ARE BLUE WITH MICKEY, MINNIE ,GOOFY, PLUTO AND DONALD ON THE FRONT AND ABOUT THE SIZE OF 3 1/2 X 5 - THEY DO FIT IN THE BACK POCKET. BY THE WAY, MY DS14 THINKS THEY LOOK COOL IF YOUR GOING TO WEAR ONE. :cool1: THEY ALSO FIT AROUND MY DD8 AND DD12 WAISTS.

Nope, you couldn't pay me to wear one. I always use a small backpack. And....for the record, i don't care what others think, i care what i think and i think they look ridiculous. I guess it goes along the same lines that in general, i prefer to look stylish most of the time and the same goes for whatever bag a bring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter