Fanny pack for bigger people

garnwr32229

Mouseketeer
I’m thinking of getting a fanny pack for our next trip. I’m a bigger girl. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find one??

My suggestion would just be to look at the details of a fanny pack you're interested in to see if it says how long the belt adjusts to.

I found that even when I was heavier standard fanny packs fit without issue.

I bought a couple of running belts a couple of years ago. On Amazon, most of them had waist sizes (or hip sizes, I guess, if you want to wear it lower). I'm sure fanny packs are the same way.

Not sure how big you want the fannypack but they are really popular right now. Try Torrid or Lane Bryant they may have fashion fanny packs that would work.

My husband actually found one at Walmart two weeks ago. He needed something to carry his diabetic supplies in while we were in Kissimmee. Worked fine for him. I had actually done a search online though for plus sized waist packs and there were some good sites, where they were not too expensive either. Good luck!

First of all, we bigger people prefer to call ourselves "Pooh Sized" in this forum! lol

Secondly, there are a lot of athletic style bags available on amazon and other similar retailers. I would look at that route because the athletic ones will likely breathe better than a fabric one or one made of other materials. Marathon runners use fannypacks in training all the time. (I have marathon running friends, as I said, I'm Pooh Sized and don't run, ever)

I was just going to start a thread asking if people wore fanny packs down in the World. I had one the last three times I went down and loved not having to worry about my wallet and change falling out. I think the only time I ever wore one was when I was down in Disney World. I'd love to get one for my next trip.

I bought a couple of running belts a couple of years ago. On Amazon, most of them had waist sizes (or hip sizes, I guess, if you want to wear it lower). I'm sure fanny packs are the same way.
I'm not a big fan of fanny packs, but I do have a FlipBelt, which I use for running, and it is a fantastic thing. It comes in a variety of sizes and can be hidden under a floppy shirt.

Worse comes to worse, Amazon sells fanny pack belt extenders! I saw a few when I was looking for fanny packs last night.

Harvey's bags sell a hip pack that doubles as a crossbody bag and the strap extends to be very, very long (like way down my thigh while worn as a crossbody bad instead of as a hip pack and should fit virtually anyone. They are more expensive than the average fanny pack but they're durable and machine washable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter