• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family visitors when staying at DVC Resort

Lumee23

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone! We are finally doing our DVC try out trip this July and we rented points at Saratoga and Bay Lake Tower. My parents just moved to Florida and plan to meet up with us throughout our stay but will not be staying at any hotels. It is my understanding that the Contemporary/BLT in particular is very strict about letting cars in. We are not bringing a car ourselves so is it possible for us to give them a parking pass or call them in as a guest? Thanks!

Hi Everyone! We are finally doing our DVC try out trip this July and we rented points at Saratoga and Bay Lake Tower. My parents just moved to Florida and plan to meet up with us throughout our stay but will not be staying at any hotels. It is my understanding that the Contemporary/BLT in particular is very strict about letting cars in. We are not bringing a car ourselves so is it possible for us to give them a parking pass or call them in as a guest? Thanks!
I have the same problem myself. I was told the best thing to do was to tell the front desk and they would notify Security to allow the in. I'm also tempted to simply walk down to the gate and jump in the car with them!

There are no parking passes. The gate guard just checks to see if you are a registered guest, or you can us a magic band/KTTK card for the unattended gate. At other resorts you can let the front desk know you are expecting a visitor and it wasn't an issue in the past. Someone with BLT/Contemp pandemic policy knowledge will need to comment on that. If I had to guess I say it wasn't allowed as they have locked a lot of things down at the BLT/Contemp lately. Non-guests, at times, cant even eat at their QS right now.

Check at the front desk when you check-in for their current day guest policy. We have always been allowed in as day guests of registered guests and normally are just issued magic bands to be able to park and go in and out of the guest entrance. But that was pre-covid.

Thank you everyone for your responses. Unfortunately we are at max capacity for our rooms so we can’t add them. That definitely would have been an easy fix.

I stayed at Riviera in February and my friends were able to get through the security gate by providing my name and room number. This was definitely during the time they were being strict about people parking to visit resorts. My friends have done this when I stayed at other resorts (pre-COVID), so it seems that they'll generally let guests in if they can prove they're visiting someone staying at the resort.

Non-BLT and CR guests couldn’t even order QS at CR last week.

We were at AKV one night 1.5 weeks ago and my in laws were not. They came to visit and gave the guard our names and room number and the guard let them through to visit us.

My parents, who live in Florida, have never had an issue driving into AKV or Poly. They just gave our name at security and they let him in. Not sure if Covid has changed the policy, but hasn’t been an issue in the past.

Do you have an extra magicband you could give them? We’ve done that for our guests before.

Ty everyone! Sounds like we will be able to get them in one way or another. So excited for our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter