Family to Open the Park

We miss the old opening ceremony (still haven't watched the new version...maybe I'll finally give it a try in 2 weeks LOL).

Our family was chosen to open the MK on 9/2/12, an experience that was at the top of my bucket list for awhile. That was one of our best trips for many reasons but being picked to open the MK was amazing!

Then in April 2016, my youngest daughter and I took a Spring Break trip and were again chosen to open the MK. We weren't expecting it to happen for a second time. Such a fun experience!

I didn't realize the MK opening had changed. I loved it. What is new? Will I be disappointed?

I didn't realize the MK opening had changed. I loved it. What is new? Will I be disappointed?

On days when MK opens regular hours at 9AM:
Guests (all guests) are admitted onto Main Street starting at 8AM. Some of the shops on Main Street will be open for guests.
Then, at about 8:55, there is an "opening ceremony" performed on the Castle Forecourt Stage, and at 9AM,
all of the "Lands" are opened by dropping ropes at all the entrances around the hub and guests can head to the MK attractions.
_____
On days when MK opens regular hours at 9AM (and has 8AM EMH)
Guests staying at WDW Resorts are admitted onto Main Street starting at about 7:50AM.
Some of the shops on Main Street will be open for guests.
Then, at about 7:55AM, there is an "opening ceremony" performed on the Castle Forecourt Stage, and at 8AM, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland entrances from the hub are opened to WDW Resorts and those guests can head to the attractions in those two lands.
At 9AM, all of the "Lands" are opened by dropping ropes at all the entrances around the hub (and the connection between Fantasyland and Liberty Square back by Haunted Mansion) and ALL guests can head to all of the MK attractions.
_____
On days when MK opens regular hours at 8AM (and has 7AM EMH)
Guests staying at WDW Resorts are admitted onto Main Street starting at about 6:50AM.
Some of the shops on Main Street will be open for guests.
Then, at about 6:55AM, there is an "opening ceremony" performed on the Castle Forecourt Stage, and at 7AM, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland entrances from the hub are opened to WDW Resorts and those guests can head to the attractions in those two lands.
At 8AM, all of the "Lands" are opened by dropping ropes at all the entrances around the hub (and the connection between Fantasyland and Liberty Square back by Haunted Mansion) and ALL guests can head to all of the MK attractions.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter