Family suite at AOA or ASMu?

kuhltiffany

DIS Veteran
We always stay at the All Stars but since this is likely our last trip in a long time, I’m wondering if it’s worth splurging on AOA. We’re there for 11 nights so the difference adds up fast! (Mom, 2 teens 17 and 18, we do eat breakfast in the room). Thanks for helping me figure this out! 😊

Last edited:
I guess it depends on if you are thinking about getting a suite at All Stars or just a room. In that case, it might be worth the suite at AoA but I'd look at the suite at All Stars before I did that. I think it costs less. The AoA suite has the little separate little dining/bed area that is not at All Stars but I think All Stars has a bigger kitchen area. They both have two full bathrooms.

AoA has access to the Skyliner and that alone is worth the extra cost. I’ve never stayed at any of the All Stars but I recently stayed in a Lion King family suite at AoA. My party had 5 adults and 1 infant. It was spacious enough to sleep comfortably, but did feel crowded with nowhere to store luggage. I also love that the rooms/hallways are all indoors like a hotel whereas the other value resorts are all outdoors. (No hate—Pop is my home when I’m home!) I just found that to be another perk.

AoA suites don’t have the real refrigerator that ASMu suites do. So there’s no real freezer. I think the layout is more useful at ASMu as well, personally, but that’s probably a matter of taste. Finally ASMu has 3 real beds (2 Murphy style) while AoA has 2 real beds and a pull out couch.

To me there’s no question that the All Star Music suite is the superior room. But it doesn’t have Skyliner access, and AoA has fancier pools and food courts. Having stayed at both next time I’ll do Music. Personally it’s an easy call.

Skyliner 100% tips the scale for me. Not having to deal with buses all the time is a wonderful thing- and the Skyliner is fun!

What is the price difference for the 11 nights? The ASMusic suites are recently refurbished with 3 queen beds and full fridge. Your kids are not little so not sure if AOA theme is very important to your family. It comes down to what price you put on the skyliner for convenience in transportation to 2 parks and perhaps some resorts which are on the line. If you feel the extra cost is worth it then go for it.

So much to think about! When I calculate the difference, plus exchange (I'm Canadian) it almost $2000, that's enough to cover all of our meals, spending $, etc.

The full sized fridge and kitchen area to store food is appealing too. But so is the Skyliner and I think the layout of the beds puts them more in 3 separate areas, which may be good too at AOA?

So, as a fellow Canadian going to Disney this summer with my dd and staying at Music regular room I absolutely hear you on our brutal exchange rate! That is a lot of money if it's only to have access to the Skyliner for the 2 parks. Divide $2000 between how many days you are going to Epcot and DHS plus a couple of times resort hopping and see how much it comes out to. Remember also that when it rains with lightning they shut down the Skyliner and you have to use the bus. I must say, though, that AOA is beautifully themed and Pop Century across the bridge is our favourite value.
But, for us, a value resort is just that so we usually go with whichever one is least expensive. Have a wonderful vacation with your children.

How many days are you planning on going to Epcot and the Disney Studios? Divide that by the extra cost of AoA over the All Star Suites. Even if it is over half of your trip, say 6 days, that makes it almost $350 more you are paying per night to enjoy the skyliner. That is a lot.

So much to think about! When I calculate the difference, plus exchange (I'm Canadian) it almost $2000, that's enough to cover all of our meals, spending $, etc.

The full sized fridge and kitchen area to store food is appealing too. But so is the Skyliner and I think the layout of the beds puts them more in 3 separate areas, which may be good too at AOA?
At AoA one of them will be sleeping on a sofa bed, potentially years old for a long trip. With ASMU they each get a real bed mattress AND the rooms are newly renovated. Love the new kitchenette area because we do eat breakfast in room and bring food for random lunches and dinners.

I'm not even an ASMU fan but to save that much money, to spend on dining and extras, I would pick ASMU.

I was looking at a family suite at AOA and realized that I could rent DVC points (on this board) and get a 1 bedroom at board walk for the same price as AOA for the dates I was going.

It was a no brainer for me. Full Kitchen, after hours at Epcot, could walk to 2 parks and a better pool. I would look and see what you can get https://www.disboards.com/forums/dvc-rent-transfer.29/
As long as the teens don't mind sharing the pull-out couch, OK. I do really like Boardwalk but that's what you are getting. We brought along a cot and a blow-up mattress because my kids wanted their own beds. Could do that too...

As long as the teens don't mind sharing the pull-out couch, OK. I do really like Boardwalk but that's what you are getting. We brought along a cot and a blow-up mattress because my kids wanted their own beds. Could do that too...
Yes.... the pull out coach is the downside. However one of our kids prefers the floor.... so I assume that is where they will end up. I decided that as long as the old people are comfortable (IE mom and dad) then the kids will figure it out. It's Disney world!

Yes.... the pull out coach is the downside. However one of our kids prefers the floor.... so I assume that is where they will end up. I decided that as long as the old people are comfortable (IE mom and dad) then the kids will figure it out. It's Disney world!
Oops. I misread the post. Sorry.

I'd do ASMu suite. $2000 is a lot of money! Not only would it pay for your meals while there, but it'd free up what had been earmarked as the food budget for some kind of extra special experience maybe (like the elephant or rhino experience at AK, or something similar). That'd be more of a "splurge" to me than staying at AoA.

If I'm considering All Stars, then I'm also considering off-site. If cost is the primary concern, you can do better than Disney for better properties. I'm guessing teenagers aren't rope dropping anyway.

Try a blind Hotwire for your dates and see if you can figure out the hotels.

And don't count out Swolphin. They swing wildly, like $800 to $150. They qualify for the late hours, which I'm guessing your teenagers would totally do.

If a freezer is that important, bring a cooler and change out the ice.

Another option that comes to mind is the Wyndham Bonnet Creek on Redweek (or cash). I've never actually booked it, but but boy have I been tempted. And the lazy river at that hilton, wow.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter