• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family outfit inspiration

Nicnicnic.nic

Mouseketeer
Anyone plans family outfits ahead of time? If yes, where do you get inspiration? (I want us to look good for the family portraits. 😂) I'm adult female. 4yo daughter. 1yo son. Any good ideas?

Any good ideas?
For boarding and maybe one other day on the cruise, I make sure we have coordinating T-shirts that say something interesting about the cruise. I make these myself.

And then for maybe one other night I’ll try to get my son and husband matching button downs and then I also coordinate with a dress. I’ve had success with the children’s place as a shop, and one time when I was traveling, I found a very nice matching set of outfits (also on board the ship sometimes the have matching options).

For formal night, I just try to make sure everyone has a selection of colors available and then point to them and tell them what to wear. That would be even easier for you with small children. 🤣

This all depends on your family and their personalities - thankfully, my daughter still likes to match with me, but it's hit or miss 😆 With your kids' ages, you could just figure out if there are main days you'd want to match (formal/semiformal night, pirate night, etc) and plan it. There are lots of cute ideas on Pinterest.

For my daughter (she's 8), I have to get her buy-in or she won't do it. So for our Alaska cruise last month, I had her help me plan what we'd wear. We got coordinating tutus in her school color - royal blue - because that's what she wanted 🤷‍♀️. Thankfully my husband is go-with-the-flow is and is happy to color coordinate his outfit 😂

For boarding I made matching t shirts and the cast members LOVED them! I did matching outfits for my boys for formal night and tried to coordinate myself and my husband.

Upon boarding chose red white and blue it will go with all the pictures from the dock to dinner time.
Your navigator will tell you which characters are available for pictures. If your whole family wants to be taken with goofy wear Goofys colors. If you don’t want to be taken with Cinderella wear Cinderella’s colors. Pick your five favorite characters and plan outfits to go with that character. When you get on the ship, you’ll have access to exactly who is available for pictures that day all the way through the end of the cruise.

Upon boarding chose red white and blue it will go with all the pictures from the dock to dinner time.
Your navigator will tell you which characters are available for pictures. If your whole family wants to be taken with goofy wear Goofys colors. If you don’t want to be taken with Cinderella wear Cinderella’s colors. Pick your five favorite characters and plan outfits to go with that character. When you get on the ship, you’ll have access to exactly who is available for pictures that day all the way through the end of the cruise.
Great ideas thanks!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter