Family of Five

lknut01

Earning My Ears
I have three young children (5,6,6) and we've got end of Jan reservations at the Yacht Club with the Winter Dream Maker package. I thought this was a fairly decent deal, but now am getting nervous that I could have gotten a better deal. Is this a nice, quiet, convenient location or am I insane to pay for the ulimate park hopper and hotel of about $270/night for waterview?

The resort rate isn't bad I don't think. Your only other choice that would have been cheaper would have been Riverside with a tundle bed so the room isnt bad. I might have went with the Wilderness Cabins(they are great) just because I loved having a kitchen and there was so much for my niece and nephew to do there. I just think that the UHP is a waste of money. You can't use what you pay for. Since TL is closed in January and You have little ones so usless you get a sitter PI is pretty much a waste. Have a great trip.

Your hoppers and room are included for $270/night, right? I think that is a great deal!

Oh, now I feel terrible... the $270 is just hotel. The total package for the five of us for 6 nights and 7 days of UHP was about $3,000.

I actually that the UHP was a decent deal because we arrive at noon on day one and don't leave till 3 pm on day seven... thought it was pretty much equivalent to seven days any other way.

The UHP includes alot but you just don't have the time to enjoy it. You can get a 7 day hopper with I think its 4 options for a little over $300 and it never expires. If you want to take a day "off" and not go to the parks you have wasted alot of money.

But if you decide to go to Disney Quest, it's not included on the 7 day hopper, just the Ultimate Hopper. So you'll have to buy a DQ pass if you decide to go.

Have you checked into the Visa deal where the kids are free? That would save you a bundle.

I don't think it's a bad deal. To save some money, you may want to drop the first or last day from your UPH's. Remember, you're at the resort with the BEST pool in all of WDW. On the first day, the kids could do the pool, boardwalk and a character meal, then more pool!!

If you have your heart set on the Yacht Club maybe you could get a standard view room instead of a waterview. I don't know off hand what the price difference would be. Think about how many times you will look at your view. We have stayed at the Yacht Club and yes we had a waterview room and it was beautiful but I would not choose it, it was the only thing available. We really didnt spend alot of time in the room. I chose the deluxe also for our family of 5. We usually choose the Poly because because of monorail access and 24 hour captain cooks for the mug runs and snacks and free kids activities like hula lessons, pool games, arts and crafts and arcade challenge. If you have never stayed at the yacht club note that it is a hassle to get into stormalong bay. Must show your room card etc. and refilling mugs is a hassle and there is no place for a late night snack that you can get quickly for kids.

We stayed there 2 years ago and really missed the food court...We just returned from POR and loved it...the food court saved us...loved the playground and the all the pools...we had great rate with AAA...

let me know if you have any questions!!

It is worth it to have the view and be sure and ask for a room close to the elevators, otherwise you may have a long walk to your room. We paid extra for concierge and it was well worth it. Really don't need to eat much outside of that with small children...there is plenty all day long for them. They will give you juice boxes, choc milks or milk and bottled water all day long and they have pb&j sandwiches & mac & cheese all day long. And saves a lot of time for breakfast--you can be at the parks instead of waiting or worrying about what to do for breakfast. Another way to save some $$ on meals is to get some quick & casual vouchers to use at beaches & cream. You can easily split a meal there. And 2 vouchers will probably feed all of you.

I would definately check on the kids free deal with a Visa card. (one kids free with each paying adult). Plus, I would also check out applying the CTH code to your existing package. I think I read that this code can also be used for packages??

You will LOVE the Yacht Club!! We stayed there last September in a waterview room and I felt it was definately worth the extra money!! You and your DH could sit out there on the balcony in the evening after you put your little ones down for the night. Truly magical!

I also second the opinion of either getting a hopper OR dropping the first and/or last day off your package. Your kids are going to want at least one pool day when they see Stormalong Bay!!

Thanks everyone. This is great. The only other resort we considered was AKL and I thought being able to view fireworks at night and the close proximity to boardwalk and epcot for additional food choices was more important.

How much more is concierge?

I think concierge is an extra $100 per night...but am not positive. It's great if like deserts at the end of the day and a couple of drinks out on the balcocny while the kids settle down. With 3 kids, it saved us a lot of time and made the vacation eaiser because we didn't worry that much about where or when we'd get our next meal...except for those special character breakfasts. Speaking of the character breakfast...my 4 yr old ds absolutely loved it at the BC...the characters are dressed up in sports clothing...great choice for boys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter