Family of 6

I’m so glad you asked this. We are a family of 6 as well. My kids will be 8,5,3,&1 when we go in November. I was planning on doing the CBR, but am kinda second guessing myself. I don’t want to do separate rooms though.

We just did CBR as a family of 6 (DD7, DS5 twins, DD2), it wasn't that bad. It was tight but was manageable. One tip is we parked the double stroller outside with a stroller cover. But its ours, wasn't rented.

We just did CBR as a family of 6 (DD7, DS5 twins, DD2), it wasn't that bad. It was tight but was manageable. One tip is we parked the double stroller outside with a stroller cover. But its ours, wasn't rented.

You are a lot more trusting than I am. I can't help but wonder too if it could be moved by CMs, as it would block egress in case of a fire.

We're also a family of 6 and have gone twice since our youngest was born (she's 2 now). We stayed in an OKW 1 br villa (rented points from a DVC member I know) when she was 1. The resort was ok, wasn't particularly special IMO. The boat to Disney Springs was nice. The 1 br villa was HUGE, twice the size of AOA, but only fits 5 technically (that's another discussion entirely...). We stayed at CBR last month. It was tight but wasn't that bad. We had the youngest in a pack n play, my middle two sharing a queen and the oldest (7) in the murphy bed.

We stayed at AOA when my middle two (twins) were smaller for the bedroom. We looooove that resort but it's pricy.

For the cheapest option, I would do CBR again (or another moderate). The 1 br villas have the most space. I personally think AOA is the best balance of space and incredible theming for the little ones. Our next trip will probably be at ASMusic for costs but if AOA wasn't $100 more, we'd go back there in a heartbeat

Also, if you want to go the cheapest option, the DoubleTree Suites near Disney Springs are $150 a night for a 1 br suite. If you book via Mousesavers, you also get free continental breakfast. We haven't done that, but the biggest negatives there are not being in the Disney bubble and the buses dropping off farther away. The plus side is its walkable to Disney Springs.

Good luck!
We had a 1 night stay at that Doubletree and the suites are huge. Very nice. And a nice kitchenette area too. I didn’t really feel out of the Disney bubble as Disney Springs was right there. Busses ran every 30 min continuously which was better than what I could say for the Pop busses on our last trip in Dec. as for drop offs further away, many times my Disney bus dropped off by the offsite bus lot :-(

You are a lot more trusting than I am. I can't help but wonder too if it could be moved by CMs, as it would block egress in case of a fire.

We were on the first floor and it was to the side out of the way of either doorway, so no issues with blocking traffic. We spend almost the entire day in the parks, leaving around 9 and coming back after 8, so no issues with CMs. We also had it tethered to inside the room, someone would have had to cut the tether to take it. I helped a ton with the limited space we had.

This is our first time going as a family of 6 - what resort do you recommend that is cost effective? Our kids are ages 8, 6, 4, & 1. Thanks!
Hi,
Cabins at Fort Wilderness has full kitchen. It may be more expensive than a room with a kitchenette but prove to be a cost saver because you'll save on food.

What about 2 rooms at CBR vs. Art of animation? They are giving good rates this summer (at least for passholders) and I’m wondering if I should do two rooms there since the pool is probably “better” and it’s actually cheaper than AOA. We have never stayed at CBR though...love AOA.

We were on the first floor and it was to the side out of the way of either doorway, so no issues with blocking traffic. We spend almost the entire day in the parks, leaving around 9 and coming back after 8, so no issues with CMs. We also had it tethered to inside the room, someone would have had to cut the tether to take it. I helped a ton with the limited space we had.
I really like this idea. The stroller will really take up a good bit of room for sure.

Definitely the Cabins, unless money is not a factor in which case I would say a 2 bedroom at a DVC resort. We are a family of 6 (4, 4, 5, 7). We own DVC so we mostly stay in 2BRs at a DVC resort, but in Sept we really liked spending some time at the Fort (I went down with the twins and my friends a couple days before my husband got down with the older kids). I rented a golf cart and the 4 year olds had so much fun riding around. There was plenty of space in the cabin for 3 adults, two 3 year olds, and a 1 year old. Plus it was so nice to be able to throw together easy meals (pizza bagels, eggs, cereal) in the kitchen.

We are a family of six. When littles were infant and 2yo we squeezed into a CR room. Most recently with all 4 we we stayed in a 1BR suite at the Waldorf. It was gorgeous and huge with a dining/kitchen area and cost less than one deluxe room on property. Plus bellmen were so nice and offered to keep double stroller for us, even though room was big enough to keep it with us. Another plus was that even though we had to take a shuttle to parks, we didn’t have to fold aforementioned stroller-it went right under the bus. You can also just take separate trips-I am taking only the younger two next month and staying at Beach Club!

We're a family of 6 with all kids 9 and under and we LOVE Art of Animation. We've stayed there 3 times and even if money was no object we would choose to continue staying there as we love the theming and resort in general. We went on a cruise earlier this year and we stayed offsite in a 2 bedroom and while it was nice and the resort had great pools and water slides, it just wasn't as great of AoA!

They won't move them. The walkway cuts in near the door. Guests usually park their strollers or scooters there and because of the way it cuts in there, they don't block the walkway at all. I usually see at least a dozen rooms per trip with one or the other parked there.

When my kids were younger I booked connecting rooms (kept door open of course) at All Star Sports and LOVED the 2 bathrooms and 4 beds. We also stayed at the cabins once which has lots of room, bunkbeds and full kitchen decent price etc. I haven't stayed there but Old Key West looks pretty large for a family of 6 also. I would definitely price comparison the offers at the disney website. Good Luck. let us know what you pick and how it works out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter