Family of 5 ?'s

triplefigs

<marquee><font color=009933>Triple Chick</marquee>
In the brochure I only see pricing for a quad. Can they accommodate a family of 5 (2A/3C) or would we have to book 2 rooms? That would make the price VERY expensive and out of range. We want to do the Mid-Atlantic trip next summer.

Thanks!

Triple figs
I don't think this board is getting a lot of traffic right now.
I am going to the Quest for the West in June and we got two doubles and the price was not different from getting one quad.

So I suggest you call and ask.
Sorry I could not be of more help. Maybe someone will chip in soon that knows.

We went on Quest for the west last summer. There was one family of 5, and one family of 7. I believe they were charged the quad price. Yes, they had two rooms. It was only at our final destination that they were given a cottage home & all of them were together. I imagine it would depend on the trip, which adventures could accomodate 5 in one room, but for West it would only be the last 2 nights.

In the brochure I only see pricing for a quad. Can they accommodate a family of 5 (2A/3C) or would we have to book 2 rooms? That would make the price VERY expensive and out of range. We want to do the Mid-Atlantic trip next summer.

Thanks!

You would need two rooms but the cost of the ABD is per person so even if they had rooms for 5 in one room the price would be the same as getting two rooms. As ears2bwv said some locations are larger accommodations and you will fit in one larger room but with most you will be in two rooms

I don't know specifically about that tour, but we are a family of 5 and have one of the European tours scheduled. We did have to book 2 rooms, one triple and one double. It is considerably more expensive because in each room, the first 2 people were charged as adults so we ended up paying for 4 adults and 1 child. Although, at the ages our kids are, they might have been charged as adults anyway - I'm not sure about that detail.

I don't know specifically about that tour, but we are a family of 5 and have one of the European tours scheduled. We did have to book 2 rooms, one triple and one double. It is considerably more expensive because in each room, the first 2 people were charged as adults so we ended up paying for 4 adults and 1 child. Although, at the ages our kids are, they might have been charged as adults anyway - I'm not sure about that detail.

It shouldn't have been more expensive for the two rooms -- the cost is per person regardless of room configuration. The exceptions are:

1) If you want/need a single room there is a single supplement. Since there are doubles, triples and quads, there shouldn't be a need for this unless someone snores and the family wants him/her on the other side of the hotel. :)

2) The pre and post nights may be somewhat more because those prices are based on the number in the room. For example, for my Bella Italia group on June 5, a room at the Hilton Sorrento before the tour is $239/pp for a double and only $192/pp for a triple.

Traveling with five is expensive anyway (my airfare would have paid one son's semester in college -- sorry, kid!) but it has nothing to do with the how many are in a room. Big tip: travel while the kids are young so the bar bill is minimal. ;)

Triplefigs, where did you see quad pricing? Everywhere I look, it only has the adult and child pricing.

Dotti

We are a family of 5 and have been on 3 abd adventures. Each time we had 2 rooms. The others are correct that you pay per person and according to age. We book it with one adult in each room, but when we get there, the kids are in one room and we are in the other. The rooms have always been either adjoining or adjacent. One thing that has changed is the age of a child. Originally 14 was an adult. Now 12. This is the first year we will pay for 4 adults and 1 child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter