Family of 5 plus babysitter

kaseyC

Mom to 3 lovely Princesses
I am looking into booking a Disney Magic 7 seven day for sometime in the spring 2004. At that time there will be me, DH, DD-8, DD-3 and DD-1. We are also considering taking our neice- 17 as a babysitter. Would it be better for a group this size to go with a one bedroom suite or two connecting cabins w/ balconies.
we have cruised before but our family has grown since the last time. Our last Disney cruise was when our eldest DD was 4. Thanks for any feedback.

I don't think the 1 bedroom suites will hold 6 people. I think that category(a #3) has a max. occupancy of 5. You could get a category 2 suite, but they are likey already booked as there are only 2 on the ship. You could go with 2 connecting rooms and keep 1 for yourselves and 1 for the 4 children. Keep in mind when you get 2 rooms, the first 2 people in each cabin pay the full, adult fare.

With 6 people 2 connecting cabins would be much better you would also have 2 bathrooms. 7 days with one cabin will get to be too much in a big hurry.

There are two full bathrooms in the one bedroom suite. One is a bath and a half, with both a jacuzzi tub and a seperate shower.

However, as the previous poster stated, the max occupancy is five.

The 1 BR suite is actually as large as two cat four staterooms. If you are in one of the four larger one BR's, the verandah is triple length, and the room is the size of three cat 4's. There were three of us in that, and we were like marbles in a tin can there was so much space. It's like having two rooms, in that the bedroom is completely seperate with an actual door, not just a curtain. There is also a TON of storage space, including a walk-in closet.

Like I said before, your party wo'nt be able to book a 1 BR, but you might want to look into the 2br. By the time you factor in paying adult fares for four of you (if you book two cabins) it might actually be cheaper to book the cat 2.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter