Family of 5 options

kkayluvsdis

DIS Veteran
Hi Friends,

We love DCL and one of the things that makes it desirable for us are the stateroom options for our family of five. I've been reading a few threads now about other cruiselines and it got me thinking-for those of you who cruise with other lines-what are the options for families of five? Is booking two staterooms the norm? As the kids are getting older and the prices getting higher we are starting to think about giving some other cruiselines a try.

Thanks so much!

-Kelly

We have only ever sailed with NCL and DCL. On NCL they only had one room that would accommodate a family of 5. It is ocean view and on the lower decks. If you want another option, you have to go with 2 rooms which was more costly.

Hi Friends,

We love DCL and one of the things that makes it desirable for us are the stateroom options for our family of five. I've been reading a few threads now about other cruiselines and it got me thinking-for those of you who cruise with other lines-what are the options for families of five? Is booking two staterooms the norm? As the kids are getting older and the prices getting higher we are starting to think about giving some other cruiselines a try.

Thanks so much!

-Kelly

I don’t have kids but Royal Caribbean has great options for kids and teenagers at a very reasonable price (going from lower to much lower than DCL) and from what I understand they can definitely accomodate families of five.

I would encourage you to take a look at ships like Anthem of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, etc (Quantum Class, Oasis Class). And I am not even talking about their private island CocoCay... Which is quite the game changer!

We have done two adjoining staterooms on RC and NCL for less than the cost of one room on Disney. We’ve always loved Disney but the prices have gone so high lately that other lines are looking much better. We are going on a Celebrity cruise this summer for a week with adjoining balcony cabins, wifi, tips and beverage package for less than the cost of a week on the Fantasy with the kids in an inside cabin across the hall from us.

Now that two of my kids have aged out of the teen clubs and my youngest is 13, we’re curious to see how it goes.

I am also a family of 5 and we shopped around a few cruise lines and I found quite a few had 5 occupancy rooms. Now I will say a family of older kids/teens 5 in a room may be snug but for my family we are in our room so little that its not a huge deal.

If you're looking at prices tho one room on DCL for 5 is probably more expensive than two rooms on a cheaper cruise line.

I'd say its really up to how your family is. Squeezing into one room on a cheaper cruise line may mean more money for excursions and such!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter