Family of 5 on RCCL

abmdis

Earning My Ears
We are looking to do an Alaskan cruise in 2020. We have cruised with Disney before and loved it but want to compare costs and everything. Has anyone traveled with a family of 5 on Royal Carribbean? How did they work the rooms? Seems like we will have to get two rooms...

They do have family rooms and suites. With 5 you probably want to call to get more options. We had a TA and she helped tremendously. But yes their regular rooms are much smaller then Disney and with 5 you will need two.

I've done both a family cabin and cabins next to each other. Depending on the price. Two years ago it was over $1000 less to get a family cabin. This past November on Allure it was only about $200 more to get balconies over a Family balcony. You have to call for pricing if you want 5 in a room. I don't know which ships you're looking at but Family cabins 8200 and 8500 on Voyager and Freedom class ships are huge. We've stayed in 8500 on Independence twice. It's divided into 3 separate areas with doors separating each area.

If you can get 2 adjoining rooms for a similar price to a family cabin it might be worth it for the second shower.

Based on the comments above is RRCL preferred to Disney? Does NCL fit in the picture? We too are a family of five looking to take our first cruise in 2020

Disney does not have the rights to go into Glacier Bay, so I would never take a Disney cruise to Alaska. Princess, Holland America and RCCL have the best cruises there.
Denise

Ovation of the Seas will be in Alaska in 2019. Assuming it will be back in 2020, they have Family Junior Suites which hold 5 people. The bathroom configuration also has a full bathroom with a tub, sink, and toilet. There is a second half bath with toilet and sink. (This second bathroom takes the place of the walk-in closet in the traditional Junior Suites).

There are bumper cars and roller skating on Ovation, so it might provide some fun opportunities for your kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter