Family of 5 and ABD, sleeping arrangements?

mommylovesdisney

Mouseketeer
Okay, I am a planner! In a few years, I want to do an ABD trip, when my youngest is old enough to participate. However, not sure how the sleeping arrangements would be. Let's say I will have dd 6, ds 8, and dd 13, plus me and dh.

Can anyone who has done this with a family of 5, let me know what the room arrangements were and where you went?

Thanks!

It depends on whether you go on a domestic trip or somewhere else... when we did a domestic trip this year, with my 10 and 11 year old girls, they gave us two rooms for the same price as one - or, we could have had all of us in one room. In two of the three hotels the rooms connected.

The year before we went to Italy with 5 of us (my mom came too) and there was no way to put 5 in one room, according to Disney, so we always had two rooms - and had to pay for two rooms. Of course since we had three adults we would have had to pay for two rooms anyway, I believe.

Not sure how much this helps, except that I think there are differences in what the hotel rooms can hold in the US vs. abroad. Good luck!

We've been on two ABD trips (Costa Rica & China) with our family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids) and each time we've had to get two rooms. At only one point were they not adjoining but were directly across the hall from each other. I can't speak for what is required on the domestic trips, though. And of course, I should add that we've had a great time on both of our trips as well.

If you are a family of 5 you will be in 2 rooms and be booked as 2 reservations; regardless if it is domestic or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter