• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family, Friends, and Freezing! PHM 2015

I had forgotten that the boys were sick...not a magical way to start but it looks like the Lego store was the perfect healing touch!

Snicker Donuts...:jumping1:

I'm in. Sorry the boys got sick before the trip and Eli on the first day. I hope it was the only time.long. All your boys are cuties.

:welcome: Thanks for reading along! Eli didn't get sick anymore but he definitely wasnt 100%. And thanks for compliment for my boys!

:scared1: I live in NJ so I have a wide variety of airports to choose from that are relatively nearby.

Yeah, the close small airport, is 100 miles away. :scared:

Subbing in. Enjoying your TR. Hope you don't boot me for my obvious NFL team choice!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! I don't think the Giants and the Saints meet often. Besides, New Orleans is where it all started for the Mannings!

I had forgotten that the boys were sick...not a magical way to start but it looks like the Lego store was the perfect healing touch!

Snicker Donuts...:jumping1:

Yes, the Legos store did seem to revive his spirits a bit! And I'm still bummed I missed out on that donut. I don't know if I'll ever be up that way but if I am I want a dang donut!

Seriously Tammie, if I had known that was in there I would have snagged it and told y'all you were too slow! :rotfl:

A Quick Disclaimer: I have a decent Canon camera. I took exactly 7 photos with it on this trip. It's not a huge cumbersome thing, but it's more that I was able to deal with while taking care of a toddler. So, all of my pictures were taken with my iPhone 6, most of the time one handed while holding Tebow or pushing the stroller! So, if they're blurry, or crooked, now you know why!

Day 2: A Magic Kingdom Morning
Our 1st full day at WDW had us going to the MK. This was Eli’s request, and it had to be Chef Mickey’s for dinner. We had a wake up call at 7 from Baymax. I hadn’t see the movie at that time and didn’t really get excited about it. We all got ready and headed out the door. I did bring some snacky type breakfast things with us, so I had a poptart in the room. Eli was hungry and wanted a real breakfast, so we headed into the craziness that is the food court at a peak meal time. I, for some reason, had made a FP+ for 7 Dwarves Mine Train early in the day and I knew our window was closing. I probably did this because I had visions of everyone being willing to get up early and see the welcome show. So, I was frustrated before we even got there, and then saw all the people!! I got in line, and ordered two breakfasts. My mom had eaten in the room too so this was only for Tebow and Eli, and even though there was plenty of food, Eli didn’t want to share. :/ So, I had a bad attitude, and Eli did too. Tebow was excited that there was a TV playing Disney Jr. Give him some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and he is a happy camper. Finally we all finished eating and headed for a bus. I’m pretty sure one was pulling away as we walked out the front door, but another came soon. I was so excited to be headed to the MK, I just about couldn’t contain myself. I let go of the frustrations of the morning and just talked to Eli about all the things we were going to do that day. 7DMT was top on his list! Tebow was so excited, that he fell asleep! When we turned the corner and the Mickey Mouse March began, I almost cried. My mom was excited too. She said, “I can see the castle! Do you see it?” I said, “Umm, I see Space Mountain.” Lol. When we got off the bus I put Tebow in the stroller and he stayed asleep! So we headed into the turnstiles and got 3 green Mickey’s. Yay! We rushed through the gates, with a destination in mind. We took some very quick "drive by" photos on the way to Fantasyland.
IMG_8687.JPG

I was so happy to see that huge smile on his face!

IMG_8688.JPG

IMG_8693.JPG

We got to Fantasyland, only to see what seemed like 1,000’s of people in a line that wasn’t moving! Then I hear people saying the ride was down. Um, that’s not gonna work for us people! We’re here to ride! So I asked a very helpful Cast Member who told me our FP+ would be good for any time that day once the ride came back up. So I checked my MDE app, and there it was! I could have saved the bad attitude and rushing if I had just checked my email. I went ahead and changed our FP+ for Splash Mountain to Jungle Cruise. It was so cold! There was no way we could have ridden SM.

IMG_8694.JPG

IMG_8695.JPG

So, while Tebow napped in the stroller, Eli wanted to ride the Haunted Mansion. Nanna pushed Tebow around while Eli and I got in line with about a 15 minute wait.

IMG_8696.JPG

IMG_8700.JPG

HM is Eli's favorite ride. It was the very 1st ride we got on in 2011 on his 1st trip. :)
Doug called us at some point while we were on the ride. I called him back. He asked me how Tebow liked it. I told him, “Tebow fell asleep on the bus. He doesn’t even know he is at WDW!” After HM, we went to Big Thunder Mountain.

IMG_8703.JPG

The posted wait was 40 minutes. Mom took Tebow while Eli and I rode. We stopped at the front of the queue to ask for a rider switch pass so Mom and Eli could ride later. Somewhere along the way Eli had taken off his jacket. He got a little cold in line. I really tried to pay attention to all the little things the imagineers had in line. There was a board with telegrams. I should have taken a picture because they were funny! The closer we got to the front of the line, the more I was afraid Eli would get cold while riding. He is not a kid that gets cold. In fact he is usually sweating when most people aren’t even warm. But it was just that dang cold outside! So, I gave him my jacket. And I rode BTMR, in 30 degree weather, in only a short sleeve t-shirt. That is love my friends!

Attachments

• IMG_8701.JPG
    IMG_8701.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8702.JPG
    IMG_8702.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 3
We stopped for a quick picture when we got off the ride.

MK_BIGTHUNDERMTN_7196228211.jpg

After we found Nanna and Tebow, we wandered around in Frontierland a little bit. I noticed CM’s rolling out rope and making people cross in certain areas. I asked what was about to happen. It was the Festival of Fantasy Parade! They had added a 2nd parade at noon for President’s Day week. I had no idea!! I was so happy. I didn’t think I would get to see this because I needed to go to the expo in the afternoon. We grabbed a spot right by the rope and took turns going to the bathroom so we could hold our spot. We also changed our FP+ for the JC to a little bit later while we waited. I won't bore you with all of the pictures that I took. I will say that I had heard great things about this parade and it definitely did not disappoint!

IMG_8719.JPG

IMG_8720.JPG

IMG_8723.JPG

I needed this one of Anna and Elsa to send home to one of my little buddies.

IMG_8732.JPG

IMG_8733.JPG IMG_8736.JPG

I'm pretty sure Tebow was waving at the bird lady. :)

IMG_8742.JPG

IMG_8759.JPG

IMG_8770.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter