Family doing dolphin swim

misswit

Earning My Ears
My family of 4 (DH, DD14, DD6 and myself) will be doing the dolphin swim at DC. Would it be beneficial to split up, and have DH take one daughter and I take the other? It would be great for us to do the encounter together, but I would love to get a lot of pictures and video of this. Any suggestions?:)
I know they take a picture of you and the dolphin at the end. Do you know the cost? Is there a video to purchase?

In your situation I would split up and do the swim 2X2. IMHO this doubles that time you're involved ( part of the fun for a parent is seeing the kids have a gfreat time and if you're in the swim as well you might be too tied up in your own fun to enjoy this aspect). It also allows you ( parents) to take photos yourself of both your kids. IMHO you can't have too many photos of this time ( unless your paying DC prices for ALL of them LOL) .

I don't know the exact cost, but the phpotos aren't cheap, and neither is the video :(

Have a great time :)

Camera's are not allowed in with the dolphins. They may think it is a toy or swallow it!

Obviously the idea of splitting up is so that the non swimming parent ( and therefore not in the water with the dolphin) is the one taking the photographs.

I could be wrong but it is my understanding that cameras can not even go near the dolphin area at all. I thought I had read before where somebody got lucky and they we able to stand way over on the edge where the beachy part of the water was so they could take pictures but other than that no one could get close enough with a camera to get any good pictures.

Does anyone know if that is true?

Yes, I've been there, and no you can't bring cameras with you on your swim.

We were in the furthest dolphin lagoon, and there were some people sitting on the rocks taking pictures of other family members.

You could walk in the water to maybe ankle depth and get some pictures too.

Now, if you had a good quality camera, and a telefoto lens, you could get some nice shots. I got some nice shots of other peoples dolphin encounters, but they do look far away.. and I used a professional quality Minolta (without a lens!)

The costs can be high. We resolved ourselves that we would buy only ONE picture. We bought one with the two of us in it, and DASH the dolphin. That one picture a 5 x 7 was $15.

AS for the video, we didn't bother.

Hey everyone,
Thanks for the input. I was talking to a neighbor and foud out they recently returned from at trip to DC. They paid $60.00 for the video. They asked the same question to the people at check-in, and they were discouraged to split their group. They said the video has a couple minute intro showing the DC grounds, and the various attractions. They videographer of your group gets various shots of everyone interacting with the dolphin. I asked to borrow the video, to get an idea if it is worth it. :)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter