• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family and my mom: Best place to stay so we won't get on each others nerves?

themooch

travel agent ears
Hi! I am new to this group and this is my first post. Here is the question... We are traveling to WDW in December 2003. We were there in 2000 at the Poly with my DD1 and DS5, DH, me, and my mother. The room was a little tight. We want to stay where there is a little more room and privacy so we won't get on each other's nerves. Where is the best place to stay with children and have more room?

Wilderness Lodge Villas?
Beach Club Villas?
Old Key West Villas?
Boardwalk Villas?

Which is the most fun for kids?
I have never seen these and wondered which had the best pool?

Contemporary 07/1972
Poly 11/2000
???? 12/2003

Thanks!!

:Pinkbounc :confused:

We go every year and take my mother with us. We stay in Fw Cabins. My mother has the murphy bed in the liv rm and we {hus &me} and the children have the bedroom. There is a full bed and a set of bunk beds in the bedroom. The rates are usually pretty good with the annual pass discount. The cabins have full kitchens also,along with an outside deck and picnic tables.

:Pinkbounc

I was wondering about some of the other villas as well. Which is the best for kids ages 7 and 3? Thanks!!

We are DVC members and just stayed at the Wilderness Lodge villas and LOVED them. The room was beautiful, very spacious. We could use the pool at wilderness lodge (which the kids loved) or the quiet pool at the villas. We liked the fact that we could take the boat straight to the Magic Kingdom, because with small children, that's where we spent a big chunk of the week. If you check out the DVC board, you will find a lot of information on their various villas. Also, you can rent points from members to stay there, which should work out cheaper than what Disney charges you to stay there.
Oh, we have also stayed at the FW cabins (with my mom, also), and that worked out pretty well. The kids do love FW, a ton of things for them to do there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter