• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fall/Halloween Thread

luvflorida

DIS Veteran
I love seasonal/holiday threads, so thought I'd start one!:)

I know it's still early in October, but has anyone hauled out the Halloween decorations yet? Decorating this weekend, maybe? Do you decorate more for fall or Halloween? If you have any decorating ideas, photos, etc., please share! Just thought it would be fun and inspiring to see what others do. Costumes, yard displays, baking, party ideas, anything you've got!

I love decorating for fall and Halloween. I've had fall items up for a few weeks, and will probably decorate with a few Halloween things this weekend.

A few of my favorites this year:
Candy Corn Witch I picked up at Hallmark last week. It's ceramic and has a place in the back for a tea light. I don't like to burn real candles, so I use the battery-operated lights that flicker.
DSC_0174-2.jpg

More candy corn, but the real thing!:) I bought six, triangle shaped glass containers at Michael's, filled them with candy corn and fit them together in what I think looks like a pumpkin-shape. Confession: One of the glass containers in the back is empty. Someone ate the candy corn and I now need to buy more to replace it.:rolleyes1
DSC_0179.jpg

We don't have the real thing here in Tucson, so I have to buy my fall leaves at Michael's.;)
DSC_0177.jpg

So, is your house or yard looking like fall and/or Halloween? Please share your ideas, photos, etc.!

I'll be back to show you some pictures. I'm not finished with the decorating and now I'm working on some baking. I bought a new fall/halloween magazine that I am just loving. It is from Taste of Home.

I'm baking apple muffins and some apple carmel cupcakes today. I need to work on my pumpkin cream cheese loaves next.

We are hosting a child friendly halloween simple event at my husband's office. Some easy things we are doing for food include making grilled cheese/pbj and cutting out with halloween cookie cutters. Having mini pizzas from biscuit dough and small pizza cheese also cut out with the cookie cutters. We are also having dipped nutter butter cookies painted to look like green toes, small cups of worm dirt, melted white candy then topped with some mini marshmallows and then cut into small shapes to look like ghosts. I think we will also be making some cookies in shapes of dog bones.

I don't know all the games yet. I do know that we are dying some cooked spaghetti noodles with putting some oil on them in the bowl and the kids have to dig through to find the matching "eye balls." We are going to do a oreo cookie race getting it down to their mouth. We have a witche's hat with some glow in the dark rings to throw on the point.

I'll share pictures when I am done this weekend with my decorating. I put out all my halloween now in addition to my fall now and then will leave the fall for Thanksgiving.

My house is all decorated for Fall. I have Fall colored garlands on my windows, the table has Autumn linens and the accents are on my side tables. I have the bathroom linens and decorations out as well as in my bedroom. I never decorate for Fall in the yard anymore because I hate to get rid of those decorations. If my DH did not take care of them I would be "that" family. You know the one, gross gigantic pumpkins, hay bales that are falling apart with corn stalks falling on them and mums that look like they belong in a horror film. :crazy2:

I do decorate for Halloween, inside and out. I will take care of that this weekend.

My Halloween decorations are out both inside and outside. I threw this little guy together to put on the porch. I love Halloween!

551734_4537902968330_201439458_n.jpg

DW is getting her stuff out for inside, but my stuff (outside) won't go out until the weekend before. This year's theme....CLOWNS!!! (can you say Pennywise??)

Just got the Halloween things out yesterday.
We will be at WDW for Halloween, so not putting much out. DD will have to take it down.
We switch to fall after Halloween

I'll be back to show you some pictures. I'm not finished with the decorating and now I'm working on some baking. I bought a new fall/halloween magazine that I am just loving. It is from Taste of Home.

I'm baking apple muffins and some apple carmel cupcakes today. I need to work on my pumpkin cream cheese loaves next.

We are hosting a child friendly halloween simple event at my husband's office. Some easy things we are doing for food include making grilled cheese/pbj and cutting out with halloween cookie cutters. Having mini pizzas from biscuit dough and small pizza cheese also cut out with the cookie cutters. We are also having dipped nutter butter cookies painted to look like green toes, small cups of worm dirt, melted white candy then topped with some mini marshmallows and then cut into small shapes to look like ghosts. I think we will also be making some cookies in shapes of dog bones.

I don't know all the games yet. I do know that we are dying some cooked spaghetti noodles with putting some oil on them in the bowl and the kids have to dig through to find the matching "eye balls." We are going to do a oreo cookie race getting it down to their mouth. We have a witche's hat with some glow in the dark rings to throw on the point.

I'll share pictures when I am done this weekend with my decorating. I put out all my halloween now in addition to my fall now and then will leave the fall for Thanksgiving.

I would love to see your pics! You have some wonderful ideas for the Halloween party you're hosting.:thumbsup2

I have several Fall/Halloween magazines that I've been leafing through:
Halloween Tricks & Treats by Better Homes and Gardens
Ultimate Halloween by Taste of Home (2011 issue)
Fall Favorites by Land O Lakes (all recipes)

I also have a small, spiral-bound magazine by Family Fun, called Halloween Treats. It has a lot of easy to make, fun recipes. I'm going to try some of them out on the grandkids in a few weeks.:)

My Halloween decorations are out both inside and outside. I threw this little guy together to put on the porch. I love Halloween!

551734_4537902968330_201439458_n.jpg

Very cute!:thumbsup2

...This year's theme....CLOWNS!!! (can you say Pennywise??)

:eek: I can't find the scared smilie with the rising hair, so this one will have to do!

I had my Halloween decorations up two weeks ago. ;) Usually they would go up Oct. 1st, but I was in Disneyland and wanted them to be up before I left so I wouldn't have to do it when I got home (I like enjoying the Halloween decorations ALLL month). Nov. 1st I will bring out the more fall/harvest decorations, and the day after Thanksgiving, CHRISTMAS stuff! :eek:

Holiday decorating is one of my most favorite things!

We don't do Halloween, but I've got some of my fall decorations out. Got my fall wreath on both doors and entry mat at the door. I have my kitchen towels and table mats. We're going up to a pumpkin patch this weekend to get our big pumpking and a couple of pie pumpkins. I've got a luscious Applesauce Cake in the oven right now and the whole house smells like cinnamon and cloves.:thumbsup2

I haven't started yet for this year. We decorate for Halloween and when the Halloween stuff comes down and gets put away I normally start in on Christmas decorating right away. Although I probably won't have time for that this year so soon.

Looks like I've been lax in the halloween decorating picture taking. I had to go back a couple of years. Every year is different so I'm not thrilled with myself that I don't have those pictures.

This was the year with Harry Potter theme:

PA191063.jpg

PA191064.jpg

PA191066.jpg

PA191067.jpg

We definitely have! Last year, I bought autumn garland at Hobby Lobby, and since we've moved here, its even more fitting and works with our house way more! I think we'll set everything up this weekend. I also found some fun Halloween lights at Target that I want, so I'll go back and pick those up this weekend. I can't wait!!!

Love your decorations! I decorated at the end of September because we were in Orlando after that! Just got back and finishing up. I love the fall and all that it brings. ::yes::

Fall-Decorating-Ideas.jpg

I decorate outside for fall/Halloween, but not much inside. Our graveyard is coming down from the attic as I type and will go up tomorrow. All of the saying are from the Haunted Mansion.

Love your decorations! I decorated at the end of September because we were in Orlando after that! Just got back and finishing up. I love the fall and all that it brings. ::yes::

Fall-Decorating-Ideas.jpg

I love all the fall colors! Very nice!

GaSleepingBeautyFan: I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and love your display!

I used to decorate for Halloween when the kids were growing up, but now I just do fall decorating and mostly inside the house. I have a large vase covered in birch bark with a large silk fall arrangement/leaves on the table in the family room, and a large pottery vase (bought from Alewine Pottery in Tennessee, they put fall leaves on them to get the imprint before they fire them) with more silk fall flowers and leaves on the coffee table. Also a small wicker basket of silk mums on an end table. Lots of pumpkins and gourds (fake) all around, fall tablecloths on both tables, etc. etc. I have a few other things (glass leaf candy dishes, wooden decorations, etc.) but I can't find them. :(

Outside I have a few small pumpkins on the deck along with a few potted mums, and a larger pumpkin on the front porch that I plan to turn into a jack-o-lantern in a couple of weeks. :)

Yeah, my kids are grown but so what! I haven't had a jack-o-lantern in years so I decided to do one this year. :)

I thought I'd hop back over and add the pictures for the decor I did today. I put up my Monster Mansion and the graveyard ect. that goes with it.

The Monster Mansion and alot of the pieces were handpainted by me years ago when Michaels sold the unpainted kits.

The past couple of years I've been buying Lemax pieces to add to it. I am thinking it's pretty much done now though since I'm out of space.

IMG_5546_edited-1.jpg

IMG_5548_edited-1.jpg

IMG_5549_edited-1.jpg

We're in the process of buying our first home.

We should close by the end of Novemeber. I am really looking forward to decorating for the holidays!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter