Fall/Fall Advantage 2009 interviews

So I just had my interview. I don't think I'll be getting attractions for sure but I think I still have a shot at getting in. I have a good feeling I'll be in custodial.

I was absolutely fine until I listened to my girlfriend do her interview and she kicked *** and I was like "There's no way I'm going to be able to do as good as her"

I would have been better bury my head in the sand rather than eavesdropping. haha. I'm an idiot. Wish me luck!

So I just had my interview. I don't think I'll be getting attractions for sure but I think I still have a shot at getting in. I have a good feeling I'll be in custodial.

I was absolutely fine until I listened to my girlfriend do her interview and she kicked *** and I was like "There's no way I'm going to be able to do as good as her"

I would have been better bury my head in the sand rather than eavesdropping. haha. I'm an idiot. Wish me luck!

Good luck! :)

Aloha,

I'm new to the boards, my name is Leighanna, or Lei for short. I just had my interview today and now it's my turn to wait. I had my interview with Kathy. It ran 50 minutes long!! But it was because I was applying for a few culinary only positions as well as basic positions. I'm very excited and very nervous. She said 3-4 weeks. Here's hoping. :)

Lei

Aloha,

I'm new to the boards, my name is Leighanna, or Lei for short. I just had my interview today and now it's my turn to wait. I had my interview with Kathy. It ran 50 minutes long!! But it was because I was applying for a few culinary only positions as well as basic positions. I'm very excited and very nervous. She said 3-4 weeks. Here's hoping. :)

Lei

Welcome to the DIS! And good luck. :)

I had my interview on the 1st. I think it went well my interviewer was Kristie She was nice and precise. I think it went well..my interview was at 8:20 and I had found out about 7:45 a good friend had just passed away. So I wasnt totally "Disneyfied", But oh well if its ment to be it will be!

Hi all.

I had my interview for the fall 2009 DisneyLAND CP with Nancy on Friday. It was a fun interview, she was really nice. I was slightly nervous and I was afraid I'd done a bit of rambling, but I tried really hard not to and think I did very well.

First she wanted some basic questions, went over the standards, ext. Then she went over like every single thing I had applied for, which was basically everything that had guest interaction. My top choices were Disney Desk, Attractions, and Food Service. She asked if I had any tattoos, (which I do), where they were, exactly, and for each one asked if a t-shirt, pants, or socks would cover them and I said yes, so I don't think that was a big deal.

Then she wanted to know more about me, and why I wanted to work for Disney, and I told her that besides the obvious, like how great a company Disney was to start a a career, how great it would look on a resume, and how it would help me become a great leader, - I said how I thought people now days were very jaded, and that the world was going through a tough time, and in times like these people need a little magic and I wanted to be a part of a company that would give it to them, or something like that. Heh.

She asked me about my work experience, and most all of it is in Hospitality and Tourism, in Hotels, Resorts, or attractions (Cedar Point, for instance), and I'm currently waitressing, so there's that. She said I had a lot of varied experience, and asked me about one place I had worked, wanted to know what it was, which it's kind of a historical resort, and she seemed interested in that.

She asked me what job I liked the best, and what job I liked the least, and why. I told her the first job I liked the most because of the guest interaction, and getting to talk to people and help them, because I loved working with people more than anything- and the job I liked the least was an office cubical job where I had basically zero guest interaction. She said it's good to learn something from every job, and I said you're right, it's good to keep a positive attitude even through negative experiences and she agreed.

Then she asked me about Disney Desks (information desks, in hotels, airports, whatever), Front Desks (hotels), and Quick Food Service, and asked if I could perform the duties of those jobs, which I can.

Then she asked me where I would like to take the interview, and so I basically just told her again about how I thought my experience had prepared me for a role like this and how this is the time of my life where it's time to take the plunge and ect.

Then she asked me what I would do if a guest was not given a pool view room when he/she was supposed to have a pool view room and I just said that I'd do whatever was in my power to make sure the guest was happy when he/she left the desk, within the companies specific policies. I was a little more in depth, but whatev.

Then she asked if I had any questions, which I did, and then we finished up. She was very nice. I'm obviously still waiting, it's only been two days. Hopefully they still have some positions open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter