• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fall 2015 or spring 2016...

disneedust1429

Someday I'll be part of your world
Hey guys! I'm definitely in need of some advice, so anything you have to tell me is much appreciated!

I'm debating on applying for either fall of 2015 or spring of 2016 for the dcp in wdw. I was going to wait until spring, but then started to think about how great it would be to apply sooner! The thing is, I've never been away from home before for a long period of time, especially at Christmas. That time of year is so family oriented, and I'm super close with mine, so to be honest, I don't know how well I'd be, being away at that time of year. That probably sounds super lame, but I'm still debating.

I just need some thoughts on this... From being away from home for the first time (I live in Southern California, and disneyland is home to me... So being away from all of that), being away during the holidays, how you've all held up with that, the differences in the program in the fall vs the spring... Basically, any advice you could throw my way about this.

Also, are any of you applying for either of these times? I would love to start talking to you guys!

Thank you!!! :)

Hey guys! I'm definitely in need of some advice, so anything you have to tell me is much appreciated!

I'm debating on applying for either fall of 2015 or spring of 2016 for the dcp in wdw. I was going to wait until spring, but then started to think about how great it would be to apply sooner! The thing is, I've never been away from home before for a long period of time, especially at Christmas. That time of year is so family oriented, and I'm super close with mine, so to be honest, I don't know how well I'd be, being away at that time of year. That probably sounds super lame, but I'm still debating.

I just need some thoughts on this... From being away from home for the first time (I live in Southern California, and disneyland is home to me... So being away from all of that), being away during the holidays, how you've all held up with that, the differences in the program in the fall vs the spring... Basically, any advice you could throw my way about this.

Also, are any of you applying for either of these times? I would love to start talking to you guys!

Thank you!!! :)

I'm in the same boat, plus I'm engaged. I have talked to my fiance and parents I don't know how many times about this. I finally decided I would go ahead and apply for Fall, and if I don't get accepted I will apply for Spring. I know it will be hard if I do get accepted, but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity (well depending how many times you get accepted..) and I should be able to experience it at least once if it is meant to be. I can always call or webcam my fiance and parents on holidays and such.

I'm in the same boat, plus I'm engaged. I have talked to my fiance and parents I don't know how many times about this. I finally decided I would go ahead and apply for Fall, and if I don't get accepted I will apply for Spring. I know it will be hard if I do get accepted, but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity (well depending how many times you get accepted..) and I should be able to experience it at least once if it is meant to be. I can always call or webcam my fiance and parents on holidays and such.

I totally get it! I'm in a serious relationship, and it definitely makes me debate leaving or not. I really want to have this experience though, so I'm just going to apply and see what happens!

I totally get it! I'm in a serious relationship, and it definitely makes me debate leaving or not. I really want to have this experience though, so I'm just going to apply and see what happens!

That's all you can do! And then if you get an offer, you can sit down and seriously talk about what will happen with you going. That's my plan.

Perhaps your family can visit you at Christmas? Christmas at WDW is magnificent!

Being a CM can be a great experience (my son did the CP years ago).

Please don't be held back by a boyfriend... as permanent as those relationships seem, they often are not.

I did my program over the summer and loved it. You will be working a TON of hours and its stinkin' hot!! HOWEVER!!! I would have loved to do my program in the winter. I think I could deal with being away from my family for one Christmas - we are close but more than likely my family would come visit over the holiday season.
It's a tough decision - if you're really worried about being away I would go with spring.

Being homesick doesn't sound lame at all! If you're convinced you'd be homesick over the holidays, you could always wait until Spring 2016. That's when I'm applying! :-) I can't apply for fall 2015 anyway because of school obligations, but to me Spring is actually better because it ISN'T over Christmas. I always get post holiday depression, but if I do the DCP in spring, next year I'll be like... What post holiday depression? I'm going to Disney in a couple weeks! Also, I'd personally rather be with my family over Christmas.

If you do apply for Fall 2015, best of luck to you! I just had to post for my first time on this thread, cause I saw the words "spring 2016" and flipped, ahaha. I am sure that whatever program you choose will be fantastic. There are definitely advantages to the fall dcp if you go then. MVMCP is probably a great cure for homesickness, haha. And the food and wine festival.

Good luck!

I did my program over the summer and loved it. You will be working a TON of hours and its stinkin' hot!! HOWEVER!!! I would have loved to do my program in the winter. I think I could deal with being away from my family for one Christmas - we are close but more than likely my family would come visit over the holiday season. It's a tough decision - if you're really worried about being away I would go with spring.

I've decided to apply spring of 2016! That way I'll be in school a year by then, and I won't feel as bad for taking a semester off haha.

I'm actually really excited for it! It's like a year off, but I'm already thinking ahead haha. Are you taking a class while you're there or are you just working?

I was debating this as well. I would love to be there during Halloween and the holiday season; it seems like a really exciting time to be in Disney! But I also know that I would terribly sad to be away from my family on Christmas (not only my parents, but all my extended family). But then I talked to my adviser, and she said I couldn't do this upcoming fall because of class series, so I guess it's a moot point.

So I will be applying for Spring 2016! :cool1:

Fall 2015!!!

I'm applying for Fall 2015 and I'm super close to my family so it's gonna be hard to leave. I'm from Georgia so it's not NEARLY as much as a distance for me as it is for you, but there will be plenty of people that you meet that can become your family away from home. :) I'm also in a very serious relationship, but he understands that I've wanted this opportunity for so long and wants me to pursue my dreams so he trusts me to leave.

I'm not too worried about leaving cause I know that there will be people there for me and I know there will be for you too. Just look forward to that. We will be here for you. :)

Lol nevermind. I just saw where you decided on Spring 2016. But best of luck to you!!! I wish you so much happiness. :)

DD 20 just got home from FALL 2014 - 7 months! She feels it was worth it but the holidays were very hard. We visited the second week if December but it was still hard. She attends school 5 hours away from home and is used to not seeing us for a month or more sometimes but this was hard on all of us. She would do it again, however, and had a wonderful experience. The fall has so many fun things happening! My younger DD is applying for Spring 2016......She thinks it would be better for her. Good luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter