• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FAKE TICKETS ?

Your situation sounds very similar to mine last year. I tried saving a bit of money by ordering my tickets from UT right before the expected price increase.

First be assured they are legit. The business is real and the tickets are good. But I experienced a similar issue with the customer service. Slow to respond, bad information. Due to the volume of orders, they were ridiculously slow filling them. Of course this was not stated when I ordered them, but did appear in writing on their site eventually, well after my date had come and gone. They took nearly 2 weeks. I did not order express as I was more than 90 days away from my trip. Next was the issue of a rumor of tickets not bought directly through Disney being denied upgrades (which was not true, but none the less concerned me at the time) and I wanted to exchange the tickets I chose for the biggest savings, for the 7 days I planned on upgrading to. There was miscommunication with the phone rep about exchanges, prices and refunds. It was not clearly explained I would be expected purchase new tickets before being refunded for the previous ones. In the end my tickets took more than a month to get, return, refund and reissue and resend. I lost the discount as the "old price" tickets were out of stock. They did however handle the refund issue to my satisfaction.

So in the end it was just more hassle than it was worth and the whole thing left me an unsatisfied customer who will not order from them again. I know others love them, but the experience for me was just stressful and started our vacation out poorly.

regards

It can be stressful just to try and save a few bucks. We used UT and had no problems. I don't remember what we saved, but there were 5 of us, so it was worth it for us.

Been using Undercover Tourist since approx. 2004, We have been very pleased with our tickets and the service. We have spent thousands and thousands of $$$$. Also, we needed to return tickets twice, as our plans changed and they are one of the only brokers who offers a solution for those circumstances.

OP, it looks like UCT is making a real, wholehearted attempt to contact you and work on the issues. You might ought to consider doing that. They are a legit company; I've used them quite a few times myself. I currently have an order out with them, but with the price change, I know and expect my tickets will take a while and got an email stating that as well.
The title of your post borders on libel (I'm not a lawyer), so I recommend you try to work with them if you can.

Hi There ButterCup7and10,

We apologize for the delay, we do know Fed Ex was grounded in Memphis because of bad weather, and the packages we sent early last week by Fed Ex will be delivered Monday or Tuesday. I believe you may have already been in contact with our customer service today and they will email a copy of the tickets tomorrow so you can start your Fast Passes.

You will of course receive a full refund on your shipping too. We understand your frustration but we are here to help. If you need further assistance today or going forward please get in touch.

Thank you,

Undercover Tourist

The OP joined on Friday and her first post was this thread. I understand being frustrated, but something just seems off about this. Given the many attempts by UT to contact her via her own thread, I certainly hope she comes back to update.

Hi There ButterCup7and10,

We apologize for the delay, we do know Fed Ex was grounded in Memphis because of bad weather, and the packages we sent early last week by Fed Ex will be delivered Monday or Tuesday. I believe you may have already been in contact with our customer service today and they will email a copy of the tickets tomorrow so you can start your Fast Passes.

You will of course receive a full refund on your shipping too. We understand your frustration but we are here to help. If you need further assistance today or going forward please get in touch.

Thank you,

Undercover Tourist
OP: as another of the many, MANY extremely satisfied UCT customers, I ask that you edit the thread title once you receive your tickets & shipping refund. the crazy, record-breaking weather much of our country endured has wreaked havoc on mail and deliveries, and it certainly appears that UCT has been both very responsive and empathetic. while I wish we could all have beautiful, sunny days all year:flower1:, severe weather sometimes puts circumstances out of our (and perfectly reputable companies') control.
have a wonderful trip!

Something is off about this whole thread. The OP seems to have a very extreme reaction to something which can easily be solved and is only causing herself stress and anxiety in the way she is handling it.
Borderline making threats and making potentially libelous comments about a well known company in an opening thread does not bode well. Strange that she took to the DIS to mention this when she has clearly managed to book a 'once in a lifetime' holiday without ever posting before. And her whole weekend is wasted because she can't book fastpasses....really!!!!
Well done to UTC for trying to sort it in a very professional manner, despite your 'sneaky' employees trying to spoil things!!!!

I just ordered my son's ticket a couple of weeks ago and the email number was sent within a few hours. I have also purchased from them in previous years. I have never had an issue and I am sorry that you are.

Personally I do not see anything wrong with the title.

It Does Not Mention the Name of the Company.

The OP may have taken a day off from their computer.

Not everyone has the need to be on a computer everyday.

The matter has been solved by UT (which could mean they acknowledge there was a problem)

No need for the *suspicious post / theory analysis* as that just adds to the OP's frustration.

9/10 ... the theorist is incorrect and appears overly contentious / argumentative.

Last edited:
The OP joined on Friday and her first post was this thread. I understand being frustrated, but something just seems off about this. Given the many attempts by UT to contact her via her own thread, I certainly hope she comes back to update.

Besides buying our one house and a new cars a WDW vacation and UT tickets are the most expensive things I have ever bought add trying to book fp+ I understand the op's frustrat

Personally I do not see anything wrong with the title.

It Does Not Mention the Name of the Company.

The OP may have taken a day off from their computer.

Not everyone has the need to be on a computer everyday.

The matter has been solved by UT (which could mean they acknowledge there was a problem)

No need for the *suspicious post / theory analysis* as that just adds to the OP's frustration.

9/10 ... the theorist is incorrect and appears overly contentious / argumentative.
Seriously? The OP titled the tread "FAKE TICKETS" but never actually accused them of bing fake. In fact, the OP probably already had the tracking information, since they only complained about the delayed delivery. It's certainly inflammatory.

Seriously? The OP titled the tread "FAKE TICKETS" but never actually accused them of bing fake. In fact, the OP probably already had the tracking information, since they only complained about the delayed delivery. It's certainly inflammatory.

Yes ... Seriously.

BTW ... the title of this thread is in the form of a Question (?) ... FAKE TICKETS?

Have a Good Day ... ... ... ... ... ... ... :car:

Last edited:
Yes ... Seriously.

BTW ... the title of this thread is in the form of a Question (?) ... FAKE TICKETS?

Have a Good Day ... ... ... ... ... ... ... :car:

There is no doubt in my mind that the OP seriously over reacted. That includes the title.

The OP's post was inflammatory.

When she got a response online from UT she was MIA.

I think she owes UT and the board an apology for stirring up such a ruckus.

one thing to keep in mind is most of us on the boards trust undercover tourist because we have ordered from them before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter