"fake cakes" vs real cakes!

DisneyDeeFL

Mouseketeer
Someone mentioned on here the possibility of having part of the wedding cake be "fake" as a way of saving $$. I emailed my WP about it, and thought i'd share her reply! She said that in many cases, using a "fake cake" is just as expensive, if not more than an actual cake because the bakery still has to take the time to decorate the outside of the styrofoam (or whatever it is that they use). She said it's mainly the labor and design of the cake that accounts for the price.

So she suggested just ordering a smaller cake (ex. if you have 100 people, they can make a 3-tiered cake that serves 50), and then have them make a sheet cake in the back to serve the other 50 guests. I guess every little money-saving tip helps!

Thanks for the info! I'm so excited that Disney will do this - I thought for sure they'd insist on charging you the per-person cake cost for the total number of guests, even if you wanted a smaller cake.

Hooray!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter