Fairytale cuvee question

disneymomto5

DIS Veteran
I'm staying at Saratoga Springs the week before our cruise and I'd like to bring a bottle onboard since I've heard it's a lot cheaper at the resort. Does anyone know if they sell it at Saratoga Springs? Or if not, at any other resort?

I would think it would be cheaper onboard but you would not be able to drink it if you bought the bottle onboard as it would be in the duty free shop.

It is listed as $49.95 at Disney Floral and Gifts website. Not sure if they sell it at Saratoga Springs. Is it something that can only be bought at Disney or do they have it at regular liquor stores?

MJ

I know they sell it at Mickey's Pantry in Downtown Disney. I believe it is also priced near $50 there too.

I would think they sell it in the gift shop. It will be cheaper to buy it at SS because if you purchase it before you board and have it delivered it to your room they will add 18% to the price of the bottle.

I would think they sell it in the gift shop. It will be cheaper to buy it at SS because if you purchase it before you board and have it delivered it to your room they will add 18% to the price of the bottle.

Sorry, I was confused by your post. Who will charge 18%?

MJ

I just checked the White Caps price list from on board and its not listed.
it is listed in the gifts and amenities section on the dcl site at $55. to that price you would need to add an 18% gratuity, this is automatic. so total on board would be $64.90 if you pre order. you may want to check one of the places pp's have mentioned.

good luck.

ETA-white caps list is from October so it is fairly recent.

Thanks for the replies. I'll definitely check SS gift shop but if not I can get to Mickey's pantry for sure. I just love it but hate paying $11 and up for a glass at dinner.

Thanks for the replies. I'll definitely check SS gift shop but if not I can get to Mickey's pantry for sure. I just love it but hate paying $11 and up for a glass at dinner.

once its open does it not have to be consumed right away? what would you do to hold it over? i just can't see the cork going back in.

i ask as i'm not a huge drinker and i often wondered how i could do it.

While not ideal, there are stoppers you can buy for champagne bottles, so I was thinking of trying that. Granted some of the fizziness will escape, but hopefully not all.

Don't know where you are staying, but I know they also sell it at the screen door on the boardwalk.

I've also seen some in the store at contemporary - where they typically have snacks and beverages

Grand Floridian has it also. The ships have it for weddings and I think you can preorder it thru the dcl website so it's waiting for you in your cabin. I'll look at the site when i get home from work but I want to say it's like 10 dollars more onboard.

ETA
I just looked. It's shown under the packages( onboard gifts and amenities) for 55.

I thought it was $33.95'ish in the Emporium at WL in September? Was bummed to find out it was not part of the wine package.

I have seen it at Saratoga Springs and at Downtown Disney for $34.95. I always take a bottle on board with us when we cruise. A little trick I learned was if you don't drink the whole bottle, drop a couple of raisins into the bottle and put into the refridgerator...it helps keep it bubbly and it still tastes great the next day.

I would think it would be cheaper onboard but you would not be able to drink it if you bought the bottle onboard as it would be in the duty free shop.

It is listed as $49.95 at Disney Floral and Gifts website. Not sure if they sell it at Saratoga Springs. Is it something that can only be bought at Disney or do they have it at regular liquor stores?

MJ

I'm almost positive that it's only available at Disney. I looked it up on line and looked at the bottles (we have a few since we got married on DCL. It's the cuvee Disney use for weddings) and somewhere it said made especially for Disney. They only make like 1000 bottles a year.

I looked at theas bottle we got at Foodand Wine in Oct and the price tag from the parks is 34.95. The ships use a different tax rate which might explain the difference.

I've bought Fairy Tale Cuvee at various deluxe resorts and at Downtown Disney since I had it the first time at my wedding in 2007. It's the cheapest way to go. GF and Contemporary always have it, and you can usually find it at Downtown Disney too for $34.95. If I bring a bottle on the cruise, I don't bring it to the dining room (so no corking fee) or in the public areas; it's just for our stateroom. I've never tried to find it at SS, but I have found that not all deluxe resorts have it all the time - but I've always been able to find it at GF, Contemporary and Downtown Disney.

I have a special sparkling wine stopper that you can buy at most wine stores for about $10 and I bring it with me. It keeps the fizz for 3-4 days.:thumbsup2

At WDW for the last few days, Marathon weekend. Fairy Tale Cuvée available at DTD, EPCOT, Studios, & Boardwalk for $34.95. :drinking:

I'm almost positive that it's only available at Disney. I looked it up on line and looked at the bottles (we have a few since we got married on DCL. It's the cuvee Disney use for weddings) and somewhere it said made especially for Disney. They only make like 1000 bottles a year.

They only make it with the Fairy Tale label for Disney. The same wine is available with the Iron Horse Wedding Cuvee label for about $29. Just a question of if you are looking for the wine, or the label.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2057657

http://www.totalwine.com/eng/product/iron-horse-wedding-cuvee/17507750

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter