Fairfield Inn by Marriott?

kelmac284

Lover of all things Disney since 1975
My mom and I are taking my girls to DL over President's week in Feb and we were originally booked at the Embassy Suites. However this past veteran's day my dh and I stayed at the castle inn and really liked being close enough to walk and not have to deal with shuttles etc. So I talked mom into switching and we were going to do Camelot but since there are 5 of us she recommended the Fairfield.

Any reviews of this hotel? Also can anyone tell me exactly where it is? I don't remember seeing this one when we were there. We were at the Castle which if you come of out the Main gate is to the right of say Desert Inn across from DCA.

I am assuming this is on the left over by Camelot or something? Would love any info anyone might have.

We saved almost 200 bucks off what we were paying for Embassy and although we don't get breakfast it is much closer.

So just wondering what everyone thought.

I also thought I might try this for my june trip but through getaway today you have to buy tickets which I thought was really weird.

Anyway would love any details anyone has. THANKS!! :)

It is one hotel down from the HOJO on Harbor. DH and I stayed there in 2003 and liked it. My sister stayed in 2005 and didn't like it. I don't know if it has gone down hill or if we just have different opinions. Marriotts seem to be decent, however this is the only (or one of the few) Fairfield's that doen't serve breakfast. It is across the street from the Autopia, so you pass 4 or 5 hotels to cross the street and enter Disneyland.

We stayed there 3 years ago, at Christmas time. It was a decent hotel. I would stay there again, if I couldnt get a room at the Candy cane. Its not a bad walk at all. Its next door to the McDonalds.

Me again. Geez, I've stayed at just about every hotel on that strip of Harbor. It's funny, as we walk back sometimes my son will comment on what he liked/didn't like at each hotel.

Fairfield is right after Camelot. There's a McDonald's then the Fairfield is sort of behind it. I don't know if they have full suites at Fairfield. When we stayed there I had booked a room thinking it was going to be much bigger than it was. It was advertised as 2 queens plus a sleeper sofa, so I'm thinking there's going to be a lot of space. It ended up being a regular sized room with 2 queens and a sofa stuffed in it. The sofa bed was bigger than a twin but not as big as a double. And it was pretty much right next to one of the beds.

I don't know if they changed or not, but when we stayed (about 6 yrs ago) there was no breakfast, not even coffee and juice. I've heard that sometimes you can book a package that included breakfast at McDonalds.

The room was clean the staff pleasant, but I don't think I'd go back. I've had such great experiences at other places (like Camelot) that there really isn't any incentive for me to return to the Fairfield.

As for getawaytoday as your booking online it automatically puts tickets in the package, but you can click on a button that says something about change tickets then change your quantity to 0. That way you can book room only packages.

I think that's where we stayed on our first trip... it was like 6 years ago, so I can't really remember. It's nice, within walking distance, and I think it's close to a McDonalds. :p

Thanks for the info. I actually wanted the Camelot since that is where we are hoping to stay in June but the lady at Getaway thought Fairfield would be better. SOOO we changed to that. It will be an experience. Man it almost seems like I am going to be walking just as much as I did at the Castle but I guess we will figure it out when we get there. No biggy. I am glad to hear though that at least it is clean etc. I would have liked to get SOME kind of breakfast since the embassy has such a nice one but I would gladly trade the breakfast for the close walk. We don't each much anyway so I am fine with just doing mcdonalds or a muffin somewhere.

Thanks so much for all the help and having 5 people seems to be what makes it tough.

I just hope we can do 5 people at the camelot without having to upgrade to a suite. They say the room accomodates 5 but I guess we shall see.

Thanks so much everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter