fair trade coffe

Originally posted by jubileegirl
Is there anywhere in WDW, especially the parks, where you can get 'fair trade' coffee ?

If "fair trade" coffee is what I think it is, the answer is no.

WDW generally serves Nescafe coffee (due to contract with COKE). You can get African coffee (in a pressed pot) at Boma's or JIKO, and Hawaiian Kona coffee (in a pressed pot) at Kona Cafe and the cart just outside it. Starbuck's is available at Tubbi's. None of those qualifies as "fair trade" (if I understand the concept, LOL).

As far as I know, that's it for coffee options at WDW. Have no idea what may be available in the greater Orlando area outside of WDW.

Originally posted by mtblujeans
Where is Tubbi's?

:hyper:

It's one of the resautants in the Dolphin Hotel. Not quite a cafeteria and not quite a Food Court.

Rumor has it that they also have Krispy Kreme donuts there, albeit not "right out of the oven", LOL.

Originally posted by CarolMN
It's one of the resautants in the Dolphin Hotel. Not quite a cafeteria and not quite a Food Court.

Rumor has it that they also have Krispy Kreme donuts there, albeit not "right out of the oven", LOL.

it was only a matter of time before krispy kreme would extend into the disney scene. its the same thing with burger king. it hasnt happened yet (to my knowledge) but eventually, there will be a burger king in usf and then a taco bell in sea world. :scared: sorry. i just felt the need to explain my view on maketing at theme parks.

Original poster here!

Fair Trade coffee is where the coffee growers are guaranteed a fair wage. Here in the UK it used to be only available from a few companies, mainly through churches and other organisations where someone would undertake to be an agent.
Now most of the main supermarkets sell it, and one of the biggest, Tescos, has just begun to sell it under its own brand name. (Hooray!)
We've just had Fairtrade Fortnight over here (I thought it was an international thing but perhaps not).

I just thought it would be an appropriate thing for Disney to sell, helping to improve the quality of family life in a more far-reaching way. Plus we always ask for it in coffee shops. Starbucks over here now has it, although you often have to have a whole cafetiere as they grind the beans 'specially for you!! Then you spend the rest of the day in a state of hyperactivity and on the loo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter