Face mask while at table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember there are a lot of places and regions in the country where you can go into a restaurant without a mask and none off the servers have masks either. All while following local rules and mandates. People come from these areas to Disney and are not protesting “I am not wearing a mask”, it just isn’t done where they are from. I have personally been to many resturaunts where servers hate wearing masks and pull them down off as much as they can.

I am curious, have there been massive out breaks among Disney restaurant servers/bar staff I have not heard about.
Disney has been open for month and as far as I know there have been no problems.
I am not being a smart a** about this I just have not heard of any problems.
I am sure if there were problems Disney would have been shutting down restaurants and bars due to lack of staff.

I have stayed at Disney six or seven times since June and and Disney Springs multiple times and have not seen or heard of any problems in any restaurants/bars I have visited.
Multiple servers/bar staff I have talked to think some of it is over kill, some think the face shield is a joke and it make it harder for the guest hear them. I was told the union was making them do this not Disney.

Nothing public but we don't know what data Disney has. Maybe there have been more reposted cases among restaurant CMs vs other CMs - we don't know.

We do know there are agreements with the CMm unions and Disney so perhaps some CMs felt the agreed to guidelines weren't being followed and this is just to reinforce/clarify the rules ... Maybe they are trying to squeeze a few more tables in so they need compliance higher for the CMs/unions to agree to that ... Maybe people have been lingering at tables and using them like relaxation zones and they want to have the limited tables there are turn over more rapidly.

We just don know but there must be a reason, it isn't a huge change, but anyone that won't comply should just not go then rather than be a negative force to the CMs and other guests

Just as Disney surveys guests about their experiences, they survey their CMs as well.

Has anyone considered that perhaps this is being done on behalf of CMs who have expressed concern about the amount of time they are exposed to unmasked individuals?

I am surprised this wasn’t the protocol from the beginning, but there is a chance this could stem from CM feedback.

Remember there are a lot of places and regions in the country where you can go into a restaurant without a mask and none off the servers have masks either. All while following local rules and mandates. People come from these areas to Disney and are not protesting “I am not wearing a mask”, it just isn’t done where they are from. I have personally been to many resturaunts where servers hate wearing masks and pull them down off as much as they can.

Ok, but if you are going to a different place you need to find out what the rules are there and then follow them. You can't go to England and drive on the right side of the road because that it how it is down where you are from

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them have gotten sick.

You are correct however they could have gotten sick not necessarily from working at Disney.
I personaly think the new policy is overkill, however it's Disney's resort and if you want to go you follow their rules,if not stay home. Everyone has a choice.

Sounds like a vacation to me!

You will be maskless while consuming your meal, so this really doesn’t seem like it’s backed up by much. Again, as mentioned, probably a way for them to justify increasing table numbers.

That said,I was already not planning on going back until late next year when things had presumably normalized, but I am not sure people will be comfortable with a maskless society by then. It could literally be years before we get back to that.

Sounds like a vacation to me!

You will be maskless while consuming your meal, so this really doesn’t seem like it’s backed up by much. Again, as mentioned, probably a way for them to justify increasing table numbers.

That said,I was already not planning on going back until late next year when things had presumably normalized, but I am not sure people will be comfortable with a maskless society by then. It could literally be years before we get back to that.

I live in an area that is fairly maskless already a lot of the time. The vast majority don't wear them unless enforced. So yes people are ready for it.

Of course not. I’m also not within direct contact of my server for 15+ minutes (CDC definition of exposure).

Let’s be real here, if Disney truly thought this would better protect the servers they would have implemented this “rule” a long time ago. They clearly have other motives here, whether it’s a plan to add more tables or turn them over faster or whatever.
Or it’s as simple as people using the sit down dining as their own personal relaxation station. It doesn’t seem like that big of a deal to wear a mask before you get food and after you’re done drinking

From someone who has been several times since July and has another trip planned in March, I think this is an excellent policy. Far too many people take masks off the second they walk into the restaurant. We also appreciated the chance to cool off maskless while eating (especially in July!), but several times were uncomfortable because of the behavior of other guests.

I'm likely to eat the last two days on my FL Resident Discovery pass if this happens.
Or you could have breakfast at an offsite restaurant, use your pass during the day, then leave and have dinner at another offsite restaurant. That way you'd get to use your last two days. I think offsite restaurants will gain a lot of customers from this new policy, as those who have a car are now more likely to dine offsite.

Or you could have breakfast at an offsite restaurant, use your pass during the day, then leave and have dinner at another offsite restaurant. That way you'd get to use your last two days. I think offsite restaurants will gain a lot of customers from this new policy, as those who have a car are now more likely to dine offsite.

I think there will be no noticeable effect at all. Possibly an increase in diners at Disney if some speculation pans out and this is being done to justify an increase in restaurant capacity.

We are talking an extra few minutes of mask usage. If Disney didn’t drive hoards of people to offsite restaurants with their pricing I really don’t think this is going to do it. We are talking about people who have already agreed to wear masks for extended amounts of time in order to visit in the first place. I would be shocked if there is anything noticeable beyond internet outrage.

From someone who has been several times since July and has another trip planned in March, I think this is an excellent policy. Far too many people take masks off the second they walk into the restaurant. We also appreciated the chance to cool off maskless while eating (especially in July!), but several times were uncomfortable because of the behavior of other guests.

Honest question, how is this an “excellent policy”?

It’s frankly window dressing which is why some people are upset.

Unless people are literally inhaling their food and exhaling into a mask, it’s not actually accomplishing much.

Personally I think it’s these sorts of half measures are what got us into this mess.

I’m glad you’ve been able to enjoy your trips given the current situation, not for us however.

The whole thing seems like a step backwards to me when I was really hoping for a more relaxed phase when we go in December. I could see this being a rule back when restaurants first opened back up but not NOW when the numbers are finally dropping and more and more people are being vaccinated. According to some bloggers, they are being told to keep the mask on *BETWEEN* bites/sips even.

The whole thing seems like a step backwards to me when I was really hoping for a more relaxed phase when we go in December. I could see this being a rule back when restaurants first opened back up but not NOW when the numbers are finally dropping and more and more people are being vaccinated. According to some bloggers, they are being told to keep the mask on *BETWEEN* bites/sips even.
I’m curious what bloggers are reporting that as a change now. I do remember claims of this last fall.

There's no way this is anything more than keeping your masks on until you order and your drinks arrive, then putting them back on when done and waiting to pay. We do this at our home restaurants. It's common courtesy to the servers to have them on during this time of your meal. It's really not a big deal at all.

Defining actively drinking and eating is gonna be the challenging part. So sit down get your drink, take mask take a sip or two then wait 3-5 mins before next sip but food hasn't arrived? Who is really going to put mask back on, with food tends to be less longer pauses between bites, or same with waiting for next course. Overall I agree they are going backwards and this is more about making it seem safer so they can increase capacity.

I don't think this will last until December the way things are progressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter